The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
second on this.
These homes are too... I dont know.. unwelcome.
They look more like show floors for stuff.
But by golly, model homes work.
Elsewise, Builders would not spend $100,000 plus per model to stage them.
All of those home improvement/makeover shows have set the bar very high.

As to the modern designs, I was not impressed at first, but they sure have grown on me.
Colour me jaded from 25+ years of "traditional" designs. Apparently the public agrees, as I mentioned the modern elevations are outselling the traditional facades. In this price range, anyway.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Just back from seeing Big Hero 6.
Very funny and quite enjoyable.

Two very funny scenes that I had seen in the trailer, however, were not in the actual movie. I hate when that happens.

Also, the rather lengthy action scene (can't specify further, due to spoiler possibility) really reminded me of Spiderman 2 and Doc Ock.

Has anyone else seen it?

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I hope the judge takes into consideration the systematic abuse of these "poor disabled people" who were "bought" by rich families to skip lines.

It is going to be unique court cases, I am intrigued. So many layers. If I just look at waiting in lines, that is attractions, food, store, bus, there are wait lines everywhere. So if a guest cannot wait in a line at Pecos Bills I'm guessing they can't at McDonalds or a grocery store. I have no interest in the ugly thread however I am real interested to follow along with the real court cases and how all this will impact life outside WDW.

Cesar R M

But by golly, model homes work.
Elsewise, Builders would not spend $100,000 plus per model to stage them.
All of those home improvement/makeover shows have set the bar very high.

As to the modern designs, I was not impressed at first, but they sure have grown on me.
Colour me jaded from 25+ years of "traditional" designs. Apparently the public agrees, as I mentioned the modern elevations are outselling the traditional facades. In this price range, anyway.
On the public, most probably because artists and celebrities always want these "different" style of houses?

Cesar R M

Just back from seeing Big Hero 6.
Very funny and quite enjoyable.

Two very funny scenes that I had seen in the trailer, however, were not in the actual movie. I hate when that happens.

Also, the rather lengthy action scene (can't specify further, due to spoiler possibility) really reminded me of Spiderman 2 and Doc Ock.

Has anyone else seen it?
There are many references in the movie actually.
Also, love Stan lee's reference as well.

Gabe1

I wanted to give a "like" to the modern homes pictures you posted (although I do appreciate you taking the time to post them, as well as the thoughts that you shared), but I couldn't click the like button. It's difficult for me to wrap my head around a "home" that's super modern; because I don't find it warm and inviting, such as an older home with wood accents, etc. I can respect the creative work that architects and designers do in coming up with new ideas and concepts for home living. But, I'm old fashioned, and those newer styles almost seem more like modern museums or resort rooms.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go get water from the well, and add firewood to the wood stove . . . :p

My home is older. It has hardwood floors throughout that I have methodically put rugs on top of for the comfort and warmth of my little toes. I have squishy big couches and curtains on my windows as I like the cozy feeling at night. It just isn't my taste to have the floors in my home to look just like my garage floor.

This is a new city hall and police station in route to my Moms house. Modern home designs just seem to me the same design techniques as those implemented for commercial buildings.

images
featured-itasca-village-hall-police-320x170.jpg

Pretty for a City Hall/Police station but I don't want to live in it.

This is the hotel in the same city. Doesn't scream home design.
large.jpg

We have plenty of wells out here, you're more than welcome to come fetch some from our pumps.;)

FutureCEO

I'm still praying that you find a career....soon. ;)

So do I but I would still listen to foreign radio stations :) Which admittedly would probably get worst because I would have to spend money to decorate a flat or something with various trinkets.

Gabe1

You brother/sister does not like surprises? :p
I didn't want to know with either of my 2 kids. I like surprises. Doc knew but respected my request to not share. What she did not know was my DS would be 9 pounds. Now that I would have liked warning of.:cautious:

good thing we;'re not brothers.. you would have jumped from the Colorado canyon.. as I am extremely protective of my computer and gear. :hilarious:
We are good about sharing around here when need be. My DS isn't always careful what he searches as being 'safe' so we installed software that just won't let him open unsafe websites. Solved the problem.

Gabe1

Logging off here in a minute, but first: I think crock pots are the best thing to come down the pike in a long time. I mean, you don't even have to be a good cook, and you can have delicious meals quite easily.

Found an "easy" (my favorite ;)) recipe online for thin pork chops. I wasn't sure if you're supposed to get the kind with the bone on them or not, so I got the boneless ones. Then all you have to do is put a can of condensed mushroom soup and condensed chicken soup in the pot, and stir in one packet of Hidden Valley Ranch (dry) powder mix. Throw in the pork chops. (Oh, I even threw in some cut-up mushrooms as well--recipe didn't call for them, but I figure Emeril would do something like that, right? :D) Cook on low for 7-8 hours. It smells really good so far!! It's got about an hour more to go.

I also bought some brown rice, and a small bag of baby carrots. (Sometimes, I just really impress the heck out of myself, you know?! :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: )

How was it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom