Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
dsc_0701_2_3edit.jpg

dsc_0710_1_2_3edit.jpg

dsc_0740_1_2_3edit.jpg

dsc_0749_50_51_52edit2.jpg

hill-country-14.jpg

hill-country-17.jpg

hill-country-31.jpg

Yeah don't like them either.:( The pool is pretty though. The unattractive floors, the commercial windows, the office furnishings, nothing 'homey.' There have been so many of the homes you have designed that I loved over the years that screamed home, these just not so much to me. Now go find me that one with the look out-hide-out tower and I'm moving in!

Gabe1

So I made myself depressed by reading the "Disney Autism Lawsuit" thread. And then I got happier when my car insurance came in. Yes, I know that's weird but my bill went down again for the fifth year in a row that I've had my own insurance.

Yeah, I am curious myself as to how the lawsuit will pan out. I don't have any first hand experience on a personal level to be any authority, just my years of knowledge through our schools but I am hard pressed with my limited knowledge to know of any business that exceeds Disney in their ADA accommodations, our schools are excellent but we still can't hold a candle to Disney and we exceed compliancy requirements. It will be an interesting read in the months and years to come.

I think what judges will keep in mind in their rulings is they will be setting the bar for businesses thereafter with this ruling not just Disney or ThemeParks.

Gabe1

Hope ya' ate the soup before the cough drops. ;)

Yes Sir, in that order. I woke up deeming myself well mainly because my DD and I had plans for months. There is a major Charity craft fair in Chicago NW suburbs we attend. It is Lambs Farms Christmas Craft fair. They are adults of all ages that are challenged and cannot live on their own. They live at Lambs Farm, which does have a working farm but it evolved over the decades. The residents all have jobs on the property, from animals to meal prep, to making jams and baking. They are like one mega family on a sprawling parcel of land. Everyone is happy and productive. The fair outgrew their own abilities and is now held at a horse race track, as we don't race horses in the winter a perfect venue indoors. 3 mega floors of crafters, so much fun. So by golly I was well and we went. And yes I am paying for it. No regrets. :happy:

Gabe1

So glad she had a great first week and is loving it! :)

DWifey had a great week at the new gig, as well. The ladies in the department are advocating, big time, for her to be the one they hire for the open permanent position. There are others to be interviewed, but, these folks REALLY want her to get it. :happy: Fingers crossed.
Prayers, please...! :)

On it! :D

Gabe1

There are some things that just should not be ripped open with your teeth.
In case you were wondering, the little tab on a new tube of Polysporin is one of them.
Can you say "YUCK"?!
Should have just used the Bactine. :p

I can do ya one better today. I try real hard being the germophobic that I am, not to share. So I keep an extra mini toothpaste in the medicine cabinet for when I'm under the weather. Reached in, squeezed on brush, stuck in mouth, it wasn't Colgate. It was a tube of Cortisone Cream.:jawdrop:

StarWarsGirl

Yeah, I am curious myself as to how the lawsuit will pan out. I don't have any first hand experience on a personal level to be any authority, just my years of knowledge through our schools but I am hard pressed with my limited knowledge to know of any business that exceeds Disney in their ADA accommodations, our schools are excellent but we still can't hold a candle to Disney and we exceed compliancy requirements. It will be an interesting read in the months and years to come.

I think what judges will keep in mind in their rulings is they will be setting the bar for businesses thereafter with this ruling not just Disney or ThemeParks.
My dad's reaction when he read the lawsuit

Note: He is a parent of a child on the autism spectrum and he is a lawyer who primarily does civil lawsuits.

He laughed and walked out of the room.

Cesar R M

In other news, I am fumming.
I tough I had sold one lens finally.. and the guy backed up .. TWICE, despite offering a price reduction(that he accepted).

To resume.
I put a lens on ebay for sell.. guy from CA buys it.
then complains the shipping is too high (did he even read the shipping info in my listing???) :bored:
Then I offer to reduce the rate by 10 USD so it could be in his reach.
He accepted again and was expecting him to pay this time.
Nope.. 3 hours later. he complains the "exchange rate is too high" and wants to cancel again. :mad:
Srly??
Why commit if he's just going to cancel ?.. TWICE.
:banghead:

And thanks to the dumb "allotments" system that ebay has (aka, you cant sell more than 500 USD per month for accounts that haven't sold things before)
I have lost all my capacity to sell for this month, because this person used 240 USD x 2 allotments, both of which were cancelled.

To resume, for ebay it doesn't matter if they buy and then they cancel. It still takes the allotment and will not let you relist products that did not sell.

Also the supposed "counter of sold products" still go up, regardless if the products were not lost.
My counter says 1800+ USD! and I haven't sold a thing!
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Cesar R M

Yeah don't like them either.:( The pool is pretty though. The unattractive floors, the commercial windows, the office furnishings, nothing 'homey.' There have been so many of the homes you have designed that I loved over the years that screamed home, these just not so much to me. Now go find me that one with the look out-hide-out tower and I'm moving in!
second on this.
These homes are too... I dont know.. unwelcoming.
They look more like show floors for stuff.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

I hope the judge takes into consideration the systematic abuse of these "poor disabled people" who were "bought" by rich families to skip lines.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
I can do ya one better today. I try real hard being the germophobic that I am, not to share. So I keep an extra mini toothpaste in the medicine cabinet for when I'm under the weather. Reached in, squeezed on brush, stuck in mouth, it wasn't Colgate. It was a tube of Cortisone Cream.:jawdrop:
Could have been Preparation H. Count yourself lucky!

Gabe1

I just listened to a Danish radio station. It was bloody brilliant. Of course some songs and obviously the DJ I couldn't understand because I don't speak Danish. But they could have been saying f*** you and I would have still loved it.

But I found a song I like. Usually I don't like songs from contest TV shows.

I'm still praying that you find a career....soon. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom