The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Alrighty gang, will hafta' finish catchin' up later. Gotta' get ready to go help set up for the event...
BTW, the event is at a country club we designed before I got laid off, actually (I worked on the design quite extensively), so I'll get some pics.
Have a Magical...!
See y'alllllllllll...!!! :)

FutureCEO

I just listened to a Danish radio station. It was bloody brilliant. Of course some songs and obviously the DJ I couldn't understand because I don't speak Danish. But they could have been saying f*** you and I would have still loved it.

But I found a song I like. Usually I don't like songs from contest TV shows.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Wait, I'm confused. Why two staircases? Can't the up staircase double as a down staircase or are you talking about one going to the second floor and one going to the basement area.
Yes, one from the main floor to the second floor and one down to the basement. x2 in this house.

Often times, a house will have 3 staircases - the main staircase (up and down) as well as a set of service stairs from the laundry room going down to the basement only.

Goofyernmost

Yes, one from the main floor to the second floor and one down to the basement. x2 in this house.

Often times, a house will have 3 staircases - the main staircase (up and down) as well as a set of service stairs from the laundry room going down to the basement only.
If I was going to pay that much money for a house either it will have an elevator or a very strong person to carry me up and down stairs.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
So last week or so, I think I posted that I watched the first Hunger Games. So in that week, I watched the second one, Catching Fire, also and then the following night I went to the movies with DW to watch the Mockingjay Part 1. Now I have to wait a whole year to see the last one! :facepalm:

MOXOMUMD

I'm watching Santa Clause 3 and the Canada twist always cracks me up. :joyfull: It's cold and carppy outside which is killing my back so I'm protesting getting dressed today. As a matter of fact we're camped out in my room watching ABCFamily. :) Now if I only had a butler to bring cocoa and popcorn........

donaldtoo

I'm watching Santa Clause 3 and the Canada twist always cracks me up. :joyfull: It's cold and carppy outside which is killing my back so I'm protesting getting dressed today. As a matter of fact we're camped out in my room watching ABCFamily. :) Now if I only had a butler to bring cocoa and popcorn........

Lurch-TV.jpg

StarWarsGirl

I think my dad is just as excited for me to get my new laptop as I am.

Last night, when I was working on the desktop, he says to me, "When is your new laptop coming?" It hasn't even shipped yet, I don't even know where it's coming from, so sometime next week, possibly not until next Saturday.

Then today, I get my last Black Friday box from Amazon. "Is that your laptop?"

He's a bit possessive of his desktop.

donaldtoo

This pic was taken at 10:00 a.m. on opening day.
They were planting flowers, laying sod, and placing pavers, as we were hauling in boxes of brochures and office equipment.
The road had been paved overnight. Wasn't done when we were staging the house at midnight, but was done a mere ten hours later.
I would expect that the compound looks a lot better as the landscaping has matured, and the second coat of paving has gone down on the driveways. We were only open three weekends, so I didn't actually witness any of the changes.

This particular house is a 40' plan. $1.3 mill, exclusive of any upgrades.
Standard features include 10' ceilings on the main floor, 9' on the second; Wolf and SubZero built in kitchen appliances; hardwood throughout; quartz countertops; upgraded tiles; plus a bunch of other stuff I can't remember.

There are five builders working the project, and each offers approximately 20% of these modern elevations, alongside the traditional styles. The modern styles were overwhelmingly popular, comprising more than 50% of total sales.

This one, at least has a pitched roof, some of the others feature completely flat roofs.
Ummmmm ... no thank you.

Sadly, I erased all but one of the other pics I took on opening weekend.
Hopefully, I can take more in January.

This one I kept because the geese cracked me up.
Not my builder.
You can sort of see the flat roof on the modern house on the right.

View attachment 75842

Those remind me a lot of the "zero lot line" homes we used to design back in the 80's, in the hills around here. Portions of neighborhoods were platted that way. One side wall was on one or the other of either side lot line, and the other side wall could not be closer than 5' (sans roof overhang) to the other side lot line. The zeroed-out side Could not have any fenestrations, and had to be built as a one hour fire wall. The majority were designed as 3-stories. Main level in the middle with a lower floor trailing down the hill, usually consisting of 2 bedrooms and a game room, with the master suite on the upper level. Given the type of project (spec./custom/client needs), they could be quite fun to design because, given the constraints, it was a challenge to try to make them as different as possible. :)

Although we do enough of them, true flat roofs are generally avoided. However, we do a lot of parapet walls with low pitched metal roofs behind them to achieve a similar look.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom