The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

Dick Van

It is both Ironic and Disgusting how one of Disney's biggest stars cannot have his name printed in a Disney based forum, without the overly sensitive negatively reacting to everything. It really makes me sad. It also makes me think that as a society we haven't really advanced much over the centuries.

Last edited:

MOXOMUMD

Good morning gang, I got you guys coffee and doughnuts.

472478_orig.jpg
Oh thank you! :hungry:

Goofyernmost

I would like to be a horticulturist or a bus driver at Disney. Plants overnight would be much better than in the heat of the day.

My thoughts exactly! I always thought that being a bus driver would be fun. You read my mind a lot.
It was February 2001. I had just recently been divorced. I accompanied my daughter, son in law and his children to WDW. As a side trip we went to the Kennedy Space Center. While there we rode buses to the main buildings, launch areas, etc. During that ride I watched the driver. It seems like a really good gig. He would push a button and a recorded video would appear on the overhead screens and he would drive in a speed that had what they were talking about visible right outside the bus windows.

I told you all of that because... 1) I have nothing better to do and 2) I made the decision, then and there, that I wanted to drive bus at Disney. (Yes, I know I was at the Space Center at the time, don't over complicate this, OK) Upon returning home I started looking into becoming a bus driver. I was called in by a local tour company. They hired and trained me and let me use their equipment to get my CDL. The day after I got my license, planes ran into the towers in NYC. Tourism came to an instant halt. With no need for a driver now, they put everything on hold. In the meantime, I applied for a job as a driver with a municipal bus company, got the job and retired 10 years later from that company. Remember I was 53 years old when I made that change. I was asked countlessly why I was changing careers this late in the game. I had owned my own business and managed others over the years and they couldn't figure out my motivation.

I hesitated saying that I wanted to get the experience so I could drive bus at WDW when I retired. I'm sure they would have looked at each other and put a big X right on my resume. So I convincingly and truthfully told them that I always wanted to drive for a living, but life and obligations got in the way. Now that I was no longer married and my kids were grown and married, I decided now was the time. (It also didn't hurt that I had my CDL already in my pocket) I drove for about 4 years and then was promoted to a management position training new drivers, giving training classes for all drivers on customer service, etc.

So why am I not currently driving bus for Disney? Because desires and circumstances change and also I started to think that constant daily exposure to my escape place, gave me no place to escape too. I still work, part time, doing odds and ends bus driving and I still can visit WDW with a certain degree of excitement. Funny, how life works isn't it?

donaldtoo

Yeah it was a busy night at Soldier Field and Downtown last night. The police had to turn and re-guide protesters of Grand Jury findings in another direction, their goal was parking lot of Soldier Field to create gridlock. Last night they peacefully but methodically brought major streets to a halt by mixing in with vehicles, that was not allowed today and those who tried were arrested.

Then the injury and ambulance ride.

Followed by two friends who were talking in the lot after the game about how awesome the Packers were this year and why they couldn't have been born Packer Fans. A group near them overheard threw beer in face of one and then both he and his friend were stabbed many times. Alcohol may have been involved. *ya think* :hungover:

Loosing again just didn't seem to be the highlights of the news this morning.

Woof. Nutsofest.

donaldtoo

Well my DD finished off her first week at her new job at the University. She still loves it. There are a couple of people who have told her she looks like Anna Kendrick. I had to pull up images and there are a few I, her own Mom would have to take a double take at, others not as much as some.

One of my double takes was this one, almost eerie at first glance.

images

So glad she had a great first week and is loving it! :)

DWifey had a great week at the new gig, as well. The ladies in the department are advocating, big time, for her to be the one they hire for the open permanent position. There are others to be interviewed, but, these folks REALLY want her to get it. :happy: Fingers crossed.
Prayers, please...! :)

Cesar R M

Assuming I get the site I've requested, this will be my new model home in the new year.
This is the "back staircase". The grand circular staircase is at the front of the home.

A lot of people who bought this house from plans only (in Ph. I) went with the option of having the back staircase removed, in order to increase the overall square footage.
Once the model home opened, they all went running back to the Sales Office to pay the extra $ to have it put back in.

View attachment 75837
so.. theres 2 staircases or what?

Cesar R M

This pic was taken at 10:00 a.m. on opening day.
They were planting flowers, laying sod, and placing pavers, as we were hauling in boxes of brochures and office equipment.
The road had been paved overnight. Wasn't done when we were staging the house at midnight, but was done a mere ten hours later.
I would expect that the compound looks a lot better as the landscaping has matured, and the second coat of paving has gone down on the driveways. We were only open three weekends, so I didn't actually witness any of the changes.

This particular house is a 40' plan. $1.3 mill, exclusive of any upgrades.
Standard features include 10' ceilings on the main floor, 9' on the second; Wolf and SubZero built in kitchen appliances; hardwood throughout; quartz countertops; upgraded tiles; plus a bunch of other stuff I can't remember.

There are five builders working the project, and each offers approximately 20% of these modern elevations, alongside the traditional styles. The modern styles were overwhelmingly popular, comprising more than 50% of total sales.

This one, at least has a pitched roof, some of the others feature completely flat roofs.
Ummmmm ... no thank you.

Sadly, I erased all but one of the other pics I took on opening weekend.
Hopefully, I can take more in January.

This one I kept because the geese cracked me up.
Not my builder.
You can sort of see the flat roof on the modern house on the right.

View attachment 75842
funnily that you mention flat roofs.. flat roofs are usual in places where it rains a lot. almost all Mexican houses have flat roofs with little rain red tiles(clay tile)

donaldtoo

Assuming I get the site I've requested, this will be my new model home in the new year.
This is the "back staircase". The grand circular staircase is at the front of the home.

A lot of people who bought this house from plans only (in Ph. I) went with the option of having the back staircase removed, in order to increase the overall square footage.
Once the model home opened, they all went running back to the Sales Office to pay the extra $ to have it put back in.

View attachment 75837

Sweet! :)

We design lots of homes with back staircases. Although, they're usually located in less formal areas.
Lots of elevators, too. Or, we provide for their future installation by integrating lined up storage closets, that are easily converted, on all levels to be serviced. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom