The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I have the Waechtersbach Red Christmas dinnerware. Sugar Bowls, creamers, coffee mugs, bowls. I should drag it out. Mine are marked West Germany too. :D
images
mWgBqvUVVbMAqkrySS89-oQ.jpg
Christmas-Tree-Waechtersbach-pottery-teapot-five-cup-tea-pot-Laurel-Leaf-Farm-item-no-u930145-1.jpg

Oh, I love this!!! A long time ago, I was in Marshall's (after Christmas clearance sales) and actually found two coffee mugs from Waechtersbach. They are the real deal, and not knock-offs. I particularly like the pattern because you don't see if hardly at all (I assume discontinued, but not sure). It has Christmas bears! They are my favorite two Christmas mugs, and I take them out in December only--a happy treat for me!! :happy:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I think it's because nuts are used in cooking and seen as an ingredient. Although for me, they are often my protein source for one of my daily meals.

At work, someone brought in a holiday canister of honey-glazed cashews. :inlove: :angelic: We were all digging into that yesterday, and I think I ate about 1,000 calories of heavenliness. I'm now praying that it won't go directly to my hips!

Cashews (regular or coated) and peanuts are my favorite. I also have (a little) peanut butter on 2-3 crackers about 5 times a week.

So now you have the explanation for why I'm so nutty! :p :p :p

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yeah, I hate to send food back for that reason. I really wonder what the genuine motive is to start tipping, better wages for the kitchen staff or to classify them in the tipped category so the owner can actually slice what he must pay them 2/3 because tipped category minimum wage is substantially lower. :cautious: In reality patrons could be paying 40% more than their actual check to pay for the owners wait staff wages.

I almost always tip 20%, 18% if there is expensive liquor that jacks up the check substantially. I feel badly for wait staff than do not come close to minimum wage when patrons skimp out on leaving an appropriate tip and yet sit and have a fine meal as there are options of carry out or counter service. I just wonder what this dude is upto. :confused:

If a restaurant added an EXTRA tip line for anyone other than the server, I wouldn't go back. That really turns me off what they're doing to the patrons of that establishment. The management there needs to pay an appropriate wage. As it is, I, also, tip 20%; that's as far as I'll go.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Assuming I get the site I've requested, this will be my new model home in the new year.
This is the "back staircase". The grand circular staircase is at the front of the home.

A lot of people who bought this house from plans only (in Ph. I) went with the option of having the back staircase removed, in order to increase the overall square footage.
Once the model home opened, they all went running back to the Sales Office to pay the extra $ to have it put back in.

View attachment 75837

Everyone's tastes in interior design are different. What I like best is the lighting in there. What I like least is the staircase, because I find it to be a major distraction; at least if they put it in there, they should have made it white or silver, not that dark color which stands out like a sore thumb against all the white. It's kinda like they're making the staircase a focal point. I just don't get it.

seahawk7

Wow, that looks delicious. I could never eat all that for breakfast though; I'd love it for dinner!!! :hungry: I also like the baked beans, too--never heard of that with breakfast. I'm game! :cat:
Yeah I used to watch this show on BBCAmerica about a hotel inspector so I got used to seeing their trading English breakfast. I always liked the tomato but the blood sausage no thank you.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yeah I used to watch this show on BBCAmerica about a hotel inspector so I got used to seeing their trading English breakfast. I always liked the tomato but the blood sausage no thank you.

My grandparents from Ireland were first generation in this country. My father loved things like blood pudding (he didn't call it sausage, even though it looked like that). I know it's still popular in England and Ireland, and perhaps few other countries like Scotland (I presume). As a kid, I couldn't decide if I liked the taste, or was just grossed out by the look of it on the plate. My favorite breakfast treat as a kid was toast with butter, and then we had a shaker of cinnamon sugar that we'd sprinkle on top. :hungry: (I still have that sometimes!) :)

seahawk7

My grandparents from Ireland were first generation in this country. My father loved things like blood pudding (he didn't call it sausage, even though it looked like that). I know it's still popular in England and Ireland, and perhaps few other countries like Scotland (I presume). As a kid, I couldn't decide if I liked the taste, or was just grossed out by the look of it on the plate. My favorite breakfast treat as a kid was toast with butter, and then we had a shaker of cinnamon sugar that we'd sprinkle on top. :hungry: (I still have that sometimes!) :)
Me too! We always have a shaker mixed equal parts cinnamon and sugar. It is scrumptious.

FutureCEO

Well than being a firefighter should be something to look into. It personally scares the jabberers out of me.

I could never do it that or be the police or a doctor/nurse/etc....

1) I hate blood
2) I hate blood
3) When the doctors took my cast off a few weeks after surgery, I almost passed out.
4) They wouldn't like me. I'm not PC.
5) I don't like other people's lives in my hands
6) I like fire. I don't want to be in fire or seeing a burning house or business. In the case of the forest, a wild fire shouldn't be stopped unless it's near buildings. Most animals will be long gone by the time the fire gets to their homes, if they can.
7) I think too much
8) A nursing home right near my house yesterday, a resident was walking across the street and then went to the ground head first. Three fire trucks, police and an ambulance blocked the intersection for half an hour or so. I went running by it (that's how I know). But I wonder what happens after? Hence, why I could never do those jobs.
9) I could never play Operation without touching the sides.

A lot longer than I thought it would be

Last edited:

FutureCEO

At work, someone brought in a holiday canister of honey-glazed cashews. :inlove: :angelic: We were all digging into that yesterday, and I think I ate about 1,000 calories of heavenliness. I'm now praying that it won't go directly to my hips!

Cashews (regular or coated) and peanuts are my favorite. I also have (a little) peanut butter on 2-3 crackers about 5 times a week.

So now you have the explanation for why I'm so nutty! :p :p :p

Use Peanut Butter and Company.....best peanut butter ever. Once you get it, you'll never go back to the likes of Skippy and Peter Pan ever again.

I can eat it out of the jar. ;)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom