The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

seahawk7

I like fire
caveman-200x306.jpg

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Assuming I get the site I've requested, this will be my new model home in the new year.
This is the "back staircase". The grand circular staircase is at the front of the home.

A lot of people who bought this house from plans only (in Ph. I) went with the option of having the back staircase removed, in order to increase the overall square footage.
Once the model home opened, they all went running back to the Sales Office to pay the extra $ to have it put back in.

image.jpg

seahawk7

Assuming I get the site I've requested, this will be my new model home in the new year.
This is the "back staircase". The grand circular staircase is at the front of the home.

A lot of people who bought this house from plans only (in Ph. I) went with the option of having the back staircase removed, in order to increase the overall square footage.
Once the model home opened, they all went running back to the Sales Office to pay the extra $ to have it put back in.

View attachment 75837
It's gorgeous! Adopt me, don't worry, @StarWarsGirl95 's parents will share custody.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
My thoughts exactly! I always thought that being a bus driver would be fun. You read my mind a lot.

I would like to be one of those bus drivers that makes the trips to the parks early in the day enjoyable. Every once in a while we get a real good one, starts the day sorta magical.

At night I'd like to be a bus driver that is thoughtful and remembers there is precious cargo on that packed bus. Their little hands can't hold on tight because their little fingers are too small, I'd take those turns more gently and a tad slower. And I so appreciate the little warnings at bus stops at night that the lights are going on. The little things some of those drivers do make the experience better.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I would like to be one of those bus drivers that makes the trips to the parks early in the day enjoyable. Every once in a while we get a real good one, starts the day sorta magical.

At night I'd like to be a bus driver that is thoughtful and remembers there is precious cargo on that packed bus. Their little hands can't hold on tight because their little fingers are too small, I'd take those turns more gently and a tad slower. And I so appreciate the little warnings at bus stops at night that the lights are going on. The little things some of those drivers do make the experience better.

The bus driver on our last trip on the way to HS went over every rumor of the park that I have heard on this board. From Star Wars to the Pixar expansion. At the time, I was thinking he definitely posts on this forum and I wanted to walk up to him and post a reply.

Gabe1

The bus driver on our last trip on the way to HS went over every rumor of the park that I have heard on this board. From Star Wars to the Pixar expansion. At the time, I was thinking he definitely posts on this forum and I wanted to walk up to him and post a reply.

While many things my DS has a heads up on over me, there have been many times that I have learned of things before him or he learns of them on Twitter. He doesn't play on the boards. Sometimes when he is told something he ask me what I've heard vs what he has heard to try and ferret out what the heck. Like he knew in January of 2014 both Idol and Imagination were going closing, CMs notified and then *wham* didn't happen. It takes longer for the 'whys' something doesn't come off to trickle down in house than what is coming up.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
My dad is currently at a playoff football game for my high school and keeps texting me the scores. He has been going since 1996, when my sister was a freshman in high school. He never stopped going. Yes, this is what goes on in Texas.

Edit: when I say my high school, I mean the high school I went to back in the day. I no longer go there. ;)

Gabe1

View attachment 75837

Very similar to my GF home she had built in a subdivision about 25 years ago. While this is more contemporary than hers, her home and woods are more warmish everything seems to be very similar right down to the use of glass in the doors. They, having children were very happy to have the second staircase. I get why they wanted it back once they actually saw the stairs in place.

Out those windows in the back of the photo she has a Big Tiki Bar that also has a changing room and small bathroom, a in ground pool and on a higher level but abut to the pool and kinda overhanging is the whirlpool.

It is one of my favorites houses I've been in minus a great uncle of mine. He had a freak'n mansion in Chicago, very old and lots of Victorian, marble and a great love of red velvet including the walls to the full sized elevator. I was young when I was in that mansion last but it must have been an amazing build back in the day.

Gabe1

My dad is currently at a playoff football game for my high school and keeps texting me the scores. He has been going since 1996, when my sister was a freshman in high school. He never stopped going. Yes, this is what goes on in Texas.

Edit: when I say my high school, I mean the high school I went to back in the day. I no longer go there. ;)

Ha! My mind never went there, too funny. Football and basketball were very important in my High School. My High School always goes downstate for Championship. There are 3 schools in the district and ours was the best. Best built, best teachers, best amenities, better students....after I had graduated the board did something strange to the boundaries for 2 of the schools, the two that were within the boundaries of my actual town. What they did made it possible for the school to actually pull athletes from a student body of 6400 students instead of the 3200 in each school. You can stack a high school football or basketball team nicely that way. This year my high school lost 2 rounds before the Championship pilgrimage downstate. I was at my folks house when they lost, we couldn't remember when they had not gone down state last. Weird moment.

With the lawsuit filed by a former high school football player this week it could change football forever, possibly taking football out of many high schools eventually. I can only imagine the amount of outside influences coming to the opposing side of this young mans lawsuit. It can certainly change what the pickings are for college football or even which colleges still field a team as this suit progresses. This concussion syndrome is certainly trickling down.

JenniferS

Very similar to my GF home she had built in a subdivision about 25 years ago. While this is more contemporary than hers, her home and woods are more warmish everything seems to be very similar right down to the use of glass in the doors. They, having children were very happy to have the second staircase. I get why they wanted it back once they actually saw the stairs in place.

Out those windows in the back of the photo she has a Big Tiki Bar that also has a changing room and small bathroom, a in ground pool and on a higher level but abut to the pool and kinda overhanging is the whirlpool.

It is one of my favorites houses I've been in minus a great uncle of mine. He had a freak'n mansion in Chicago, very old and lots of Victorian, marble and a great love of red velvet including the walls to the full sized elevator. I was young when I was in that mansion last but it must have been an amazing build back in the day.
This one is very modern.
Pic taken in June, when I was working the grand opening. Not a professional photo.

image.jpg

Gabe1

This one is very modern.
Pic taken in June, when I was working the grand opening. Not a professional photo.

View attachment 75841

Well....I can say I've never seen a home that looked quite like that. A tad too modern for my taste. At first blush it looks like our Firehouse. I like the inside far more. How close are those homes to each other? They look like they are slammed up near each other. I want to put out some landscaping to soften it up a bit. Can I come by with some honk'n big planters and add some green?

Edit: The more I look at it the more I think it is the garage and entrance doors, never have seen that in a home around here.

Last edited:

JenniferS

Well....I can say I've never seen a home that looked quite like that. A tad too modern for my taste. At first blush it looks like our Firehouse. I like the inside far more. How close are those homes to each other? They look like they are slammed up near each other. I want to put out some landscaping to soften it up a bit. Can I come buy with some honk'n big planters and add some green?
This pic was taken at 10:00 a.m. on opening day.
They were planting flowers, laying sod, and placing pavers, as we were hauling in boxes of brochures and office equipment.
The road had been paved overnight. Wasn't done when we were staging the house at midnight, but was done a mere ten hours later.
I would expect that the compound looks a lot better as the landscaping has matured, and the second coat of paving has gone down on the driveways. We were only open three weekends, so I didn't actually witness any of the changes.

This particular house is a 40' plan. $1.3 mill, exclusive of any upgrades.
Standard features include 10' ceilings on the main floor, 9' on the second; Wolf and SubZero built in kitchen appliances; hardwood throughout; quartz countertops; upgraded tiles; plus a bunch of other stuff I can't remember.

There are five builders working the project, and each offers approximately 20% of these modern elevations, alongside the traditional styles. The modern styles were overwhelmingly popular, comprising more than 50% of total sales.

This one, at least has a pitched roof, some of the others feature completely flat roofs.
Ummmmm ... no thank you.

Sadly, I erased all but one of the other pics I took on opening weekend.
Hopefully, I can take more in January.

This one I kept because the geese cracked me up.
Not my builder.
You can sort of see the flat roof on the modern house on the right.

image.jpg

Gabe1

This pic was taken at 10:00 a.m. on opening day.
They were planting flowers, laying sod, and placing pavers, as we were hauling in boxes of brochures and office equipment.
The road had been paved overnight. Wasn't done when we were staging the house at midnight, but was done a mere ten hours later.
I would expect that the compound looks a lot better as the landscaping has matured, and the second coat of paving has gone down on the driveways. We were only open three weekends, so I didn't actually witness any of the changes.

This particular house is a 40' plan. $1.3 mill, exclusive of any upgrades.
Standard features include 10' ceilings on the main floor, 9' on the second; Wolf and SubZero built in kitchen appliances; hardwood throughout; quartz countertops; upgraded tiles; plus a bunch of other stuff I can't remember.

There are five builders working the project, and each offers approximately 20% of these modern elevations, alongside the traditional styles. The modern styles were overwhelmingly popular, comprising more than 50% of total sales.

This one, at least has a pitched roof, some of the others feature completely flat roofs.
Ummmmm ... no thank you.

Sadly, I erased all but one of the other pics I took on opening weekend.
Hopefully, I can take more in January.

This one I kept because the geese cracked me up.
Not my builder.
You can sort of see the flat roof on the modern house on the right.

View attachment 75842

Wow! Those homes are right on top of each other. I think I would have an issue being that close to a neighbor. Now this second picture you posted looks more like a home vs a municipal building.

Any idea who your new partner will be?

JenniferS

Wow! Those homes are right on top of each other. I think I would have an issue being that close to a neighbor. Now this second picture you posted looks more like a home vs a municipal building.

Any idea who your new partner will be?
GTA - serviced building lots run $6000-$10,000 per front foot.
Premiums of $100K+ for ravines and pie-shaped lots.
Yep, $1.3 mill gets you a neighbour 8' away on each side.

Prices outside of GTA are significantly lower, as is true in any large metropolitan area.

I know the boss wanted me to work with my former partner, J. She has only worked for us 8 months of the past 8 and a half years - and not since 2010.
She would not, however, be a good fit for this site. Maybe they'll put her with Hubby on his new project, if M. is not done with his chemo and recovery. Dunno.

If I end up going to Richmond Hill, they will probably partner me with a new hire.

JenniferS

My 11 year old niece is coming to spend the day with me tomorrow, and then staying for a sleepover.
She is so excited!

I think we'll go to the mall so she can finish her Christmas shopping, and then go to the movies.
Looks like Super Hero 6 will be our best bet.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom