The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Yeah I was confused by what was going on so I reread StarWarsGirl95 post that replied to and I see that I didn't see the purchasing part. So I think it was miscommunication, but I'm not sure so I better ask my parents. ;)
Probably. Though, they'll tell you to be sure to check your mailbox.

Cesar R M

Infuriating. ;)

I read about it today. Evidently, they are trying to be more "racially sensitive."

Replacing a Native American girl with a white girl isn't what I'd consider racially sensitive.

Sometimes it's fine. Like in the new Star Trek, Khan wasn't Native American like in the originals. The original actor was Native American, but the new version was played by Benedict Cumberbatch. For that, I'd rather them choose the right actor for the right part. But to change a character that was supposed to be Native American to a white person? Um, no.
Khan's actor was actually Mexican.

as for the last airbender being "sensitive". It was actually for the worse.
they made the "non white" the bad guys..

Cesar R M

Pretty much they are at industry standard. Most laptops I was looking at did not have CD drives. I went with this one in no small part because it has a disc drive. I mean, this is literally the perfect computer for me. I wanted a backlit keyboard, a touchscreen, and an optical drive. I also wanted a 15.6 inch screen (below 14 is too small, above 16 is to big). Intel core i5 processor was also preferred. This laptop had all of the above, plus it's a 2-in-1, so it flips backwards. So I got everything I wanted with this laptop. So excited to receive it.

If you're willing to switch to Windows, the higher end laptops that are similarly priced to the Macs (ya know, the ones I can't afford) have disc drives. Or they also make optical external drives. Since you don't use the drive that often, that might be the way to go. The larger laptops also usually have disc drives. But again, you'd have to switch to Windows.

I didn't even bother looking at Macs. I love my iPod touch and if I didn't have a Windows tablet (necessary for school), I would have an iPad. Apple makes quality products, and after dealing with their customer support after my mom had an issue with her iPad (even though it was out of warranty, they replaced it at no cost to us when she had a problem with it completely going after 2 years), I have very nice things to say about them, but Macs are way out of my price range and I don't understand the OS. At all.
I honestly think that drives in a laptop will be completely replaced and will disappear.
I mean.. USB memories are cheaper, higher capacity and reusable.
blurays are now very cheap and can store 5X dvds.

StarWarsGirl

I honestly think that drives in a laptop will be completely replaced and will disappear.
I mean.. USB memories are cheaper, higher capacity and reusable.
blurays are now very cheap and can store 5X dvds.
I hope not. I use a converter program and convert my DVDs to digital so I'm not lugging them around all of the time and so that I have them on my tablet and don't have to purchase digital copies. Especially since Windows RT doesn't support a lot of digital copy formats. Annoying, but having MS office on this thing beats out the annoyance. I also still have a lot of games on disc and burn CDs for family members.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I saw on the news yesterday that they are casting Daniel Craig again, as James Bond. Not a fan; I thought the other actors that portrayed James Bond prior to him were far more dashing. I think the Aston Martin car is more exciting than him. Just my opinion. :bored:

MOXOMUMD

I understand all the above completely.

The only fine china (Lenox) that I use once a year, is my Christmas "holiday" pattern with the gold rims, and a subtle holly design. I have a decent sized set of that, and enjoy using it for Christmas. I have a pretty Lenox holiday tablecloth and napkins, that go with it. So, once a year . . . :cat:
It sounds like you have the same Christmas dishes we do. :)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
O.k. Is everyone sitting down for this one? :p My mother actually sent me to Charm School classes!! :eek: :D I was about 10 years old at the time, and a local dept. store was offering 8 classes in etiquette, and how to act refined.

Somehow, I think I think I desperately need the refresher course :eek: , but the store is out of business now. o_O

Ha! Charm had been replaced with Finishing for our instruction. That is the truth how quickly some of us need to get all that out of our heads but somethings stick, oddly what was pounded in does come back quickly when placed in that situation. My way of setting the dinner table is generally throwing needed silverware and a paper napkin on top of a plate. Done.

In October we went to an over the top fancy wedding. Fortunately I knew the other people at our table and my family and hers were raised civilized but not pretentious. You know how at a dinner party that you follow the lead of the hostess to start and finish a meal-I was that person at our table, picking up the proper utensil, how to place the utensil when finished, the silly way to use the butter dish and the tearing of the roll. I gave my kids and their companions credit they played follow the leader quite well however my DS woman might never come back up here with DS, lol.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Alimento-fine dining in LA. The owner has added a new line to the check beyond the tip line for server. He added a tip line for cook in attempt to raise the pay of all the kitchen staff down to dishwashers.

Now if you were a regular at this place would you want to stiff the kitchen staff?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom