The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

SagamoreBeach

Thanks. It was far from what I endured growing up and later in the Church though.

Yeah, I'm one of those that was raised Catholic, I will always be Catholic. When we moved from the City to the suburbs there was some great debate with our then current priest on helping me get into the closer school that was filled mid year, my Dad had given money and construction services to the Parish. The priest told my Dad why should he, he wouldn't be a contributing member of his Parish any more. I guess my Dad had a shouting match with the dude then. When I went to school in the morning we were sat in a circle to pray for his soul. God must have decided it was his time to leave earth, he died of a massive heart attack after his conversation with my Dad. Dad became non practicing.

Me, my own moment came when I found out by the media that 2 priests in a row with the ick stink of child abuse were transferred to our Parish in our little Hamlet. One removed by the police, the 2nd one. I'm as jaded as my Dad became.
Don't let the actions of another person affect your faith journey.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I hope not. I use a converter program and convert my DVDs to digital so I'm not lugging them around all of the time and so that I have them on my tablet and don't have to purchase digital copies. Especially since Windows RT doesn't support a lot of digital copy formats. Annoying, but having MS office on this thing beats out the annoyance. I also still have a lot of games on disc and burn CDs for family members.

This laptop I hear :rolleyes: does all that too. My DD is the burner of our family. What her Mac has I'm not sure. The Mac makes me feel clueless. Just scrolling and clicking on something is totally different. :oops::in pain:

Gabe1

I watched Orion! Sooo cool! :)
Then, I went right back to sleep.

Today is also Walt's birthday. He would have been 113. ;)

Alrighty, Half-day Friday it is...!
See y'all a little...
Laterrrrrrr...!!! :)

Ha! Me too. Were you the one that woke me up just in time to see it and doze off?

I ousted DH from our room yesterday, I'm getting a nasty cold so by the time they came home from work I was hunkered down in here trying not to *share* it with them. For whatever reason Walt won't come in here either.

OSUgirl77

I saw on the news yesterday that they are casting Daniel Craig again, as James Bond. Not a fan; I thought the other actors that portrayed James Bond prior to him were far more dashing. I think the Aston Martin car is more exciting than him. Just my opinion. :bored:
I actually really like him as Bond. He doesn't top Sean Connery (no one tops Sean Connery :inlove:), but I think he's definitely second in the order of best Bonds. Pierce Brosnan was okay, didn't like Timothy Dalton or Roger Moore at all though.

StarWarsGirl

This laptop I hear :rolleyes: does all that too. My DD is the burner of our family. What her Mac has I'm not sure. The Mac makes me feel clueless. Just scrolling and clicking on something is totally different. :oops::in pain:
Macs confuse me.

We had some older Macs when I was in middle school. Hated them. Always got so confused.

I tried using one at school this semester. Professor is a fan of Macs. I was trying to present a PowerPoint. Epic fail. I couldn't even get the file open. So confused by the Mac.

I guess I could use the Macs at school and figure out the OS

Or I could just stick with Windows

Gabe1

Don't let the actions of another person affect your faith journey.

Oh too funny. :hilarious: We are the hub of the Church's scandal here. I nearly spit my tea when I read your post.
I can't tell you how many times I've heard our leadership spout dribble like that in attempts to thwart parishioners away from their horrid misdeeds and secret society of cover-ups and shifting these creepity folk around. I praise our law enforcement who could careless about ruffling the feathers of leadership. Amen.

I say to them walk in my shoes when I have to tiptoe with my 10 year old son who was around these 2 creeps in attempt to make sure he was never harmed. Then ultimately having to explain to my son what these two men he was taught to respect did to youngsters his age. I have little use for canned editorials, beyond disingenuous and insensitive.

Gabe1

Macs confuse me.

We had some older Macs when I was in middle school. Hated them. Always got so confused.

I tried using one at school this semester. Professor is a fan of Macs. I was trying to present a PowerPoint. Epic fail. I couldn't even get the file open. So confused by the Mac.

I guess I could use the Macs at school and figure out the OS

Or I could just stick with Windows

Our first computer was a Macintosh. It was our first real exposure to life with computers in the 90's. My DS school, 3rd grade was getting its first true student computer lab the others they could only play games and such on. We bought the same exact Macintosh the school was purchasing and with the discount my Mom had being a teacher which was a substantial discount. It was easy to use and difficult to mess up. Very compact though the screen was tiny. It had both a CD on one side and a floppy on the other.

images

Sadly in that era both PCs and Apples were obsolete almost as soon as you took them out of their box. It was an expensive era. Our first PC was a Gateway which had wonderful support, program packages and we never ever had a tech problem with. Up next was a Dell PC, equally a fine piece of machinery. We only needed to dump the Gateway because it didn't mesh with the new thing...aol dial-up. We finally dumped that Dell only because nobody was using it, we had many laptops and then tablets, it collected dust so my DH took it to work for parts after I removed the hard drive and slammed it with a sledge hammer many times.

Cesar R M

Ha! Charm had been replaced with Finishing for our instruction. That is the truth how quickly some of us need to get all that out of our heads but somethings stick, oddly what was pounded in does come back quickly when placed in that situation. My way of setting the dinner table is generally throwing needed silverware and a paper napkin on top of a plate. Done.

In October we went to an over the top fancy wedding. Fortunately I knew the other people at our table and my family and hers were raised civilized but not pretentious. You know how at a dinner party that you follow the lead of the hostess to start and finish a meal-I was that person at our table, picking up the proper utensil, how to place the utensil when finished, the silly way to use the butter dish and the tearing of the roll. I gave my kids and their companions credit they played follow the leader quite well however my DS woman might never come back up here with DS, lol.

speaking of weddings, I was supposed to accompany my mother to one. A cousin is marrying.
We haven't seen her in a long time (my cousin) and it was a great excuse to visit her again.
but then.. I got ill :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom