The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
It's a shame because he's hysterical.

Saw him doing a meet and greet in August while I was waiting for my brother to come out of the restroom that day when we went to MK by ourselves. Whoever they got to do him was fantastic. He just kind of leaned up against a wall and yelled "NEXT!" for whoever was next. It was fun to watch. I would have gone up to him, but knew my brother would never go for that. He's there to ride rides, not meet characters. :rolleyes:
Oh, I got to watch (and drool) for a bit. It's just that the line for pics had already been cut off.
Even Mike thought he was pretty fun.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Yeah, I finally talked to my dad about it and pulled the trigger. It was sold out on Bestbuy.com, so I went to Amazon and ended up getting an even better price. $90 off.

It has everything I wanted...touchscreen, backlit keyboard (I like doing work in the dark), optical drive (very important for me; I watch a lot of movies and rip and burn a lot of CDs). Now I just have to be patient while I wait for it to arrive...

My dad's just happy because it means I will stop commandeering the desktop. I'm happy because now I won't have to commandeer the desktop.

I love the backlit keyboard. On the brightside the boys in your family are getting back their toys in better shape than when you commandeered them. Win Win

seahawk7

Yeah, I finally talked to my dad about it and pulled the trigger. It was sold out on Bestbuy.com, so I went to Amazon and ended up getting an even better price. $90 off.

It has everything I wanted...touchscreen, backlit keyboard (I like doing work in the dark), optical drive (very important for me; I watch a lot of movies and rip and burn a lot of CDs). Now I just have to be patient while I wait for it to arrive...

My dad's just happy because it means I will stop commandeering the desktop. I'm happy because now I won't have to commandeer the desktop.
I really like how you work things through with your parents. To me, that means you wise enough to know that guidance is still needed and not something to be ashamed of. I have a lot of nieces in their mid twenties who think they know it all. I don't understand that. Heck, I'm 40, and I still run some things by my parents in addition to my friends.

seahawk7

For @Cesar R M
1489190_10154906401870387_1522153789367828151_n.jpg
Jazz hands!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I really like how you work things through with your parents. To me, that means you wise enough to know that guidance is still needed and not something to be ashamed of. I have a lot of nieces in their mid twenties who think they know it all. I don't understand that. Heck, I'm 40, and I still run some things by my parents in addition to my friends.
I doubt at 40 you are asking your parents for funds to purchase a new computer.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
That being said, I don't think it ever gets easier. You either break away from them or you don't. And, that's your choice to make. This sounds vague, because it is. I don't know your exact situation.

seahawk7

That being said, I don't think it ever gets easier. You either break away from them or you don't. And, that's your choice to make. This sounds vague, because it is. I don't know your exact situation.
I don't think going to people you trust for advice means you can't break away. My mom has respiratory problems so she comes to me for advice on that. If you are suggesting that I need to cut the apron strings there isn't a more wrong tree you could be barking up.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I don't think going to people you trust for advice means you can't break away. My mom has respiratory problems so she comes to me for advice on that. If you are suggesting that I need to cut the apron strings there isn't a more wrong tree you could be barking up.
No, no, that wasn't my implication.

I was more trying to figure out what you meant by your post to @StarWarsGirl95 .

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
It's a shame because he's hysterical.

Saw him doing a meet and greet in August while I was waiting for my brother to come out of the restroom that day when we went to MK by ourselves. Whoever they got to do him was fantastic. He just kind of leaned up against a wall and yelled "NEXT!" for whoever was next. It was fun to watch. I would have gone up to him, but knew my brother would never go for that. He's there to ride rides, not meet characters. :rolleyes:

Like that boy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom