The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
England's version of the Osborne lights?

lfsWFqa.jpg

donaldtoo

Yup. As did the Tiki God cup. The pencil cup is also from Morocco believe it or not. I think even the mousepad was from France. Also, not shown, but there is a wooden camel that is from Morocco and there are paper coasters that we retrieved from the room (they say WDW on them). Above the desk is Disney artwork. It's the jail scene in PofC with Mickey, Donald, Goofy, and Pluto.

Our house is decorated with a lot of Disney. My tub used to have Mickey adhesives on the bottom. You can't even look in the kitchen sink without seeing Mickey. He's the strainer in the drain. Oh, and my mom made birdhouses with Mickey.

We like Disney

I have one like it. It was the first carved wooden animal I bought from Mombasa Marketplace on our first family trip, back in July of '01. :)

donaldtoo

Ok that's what I thought. That is scary to think that we would be in that water if the ferry or boat had trouble.

I remember hearin' about this amoeba for the first time about 30-ish years ago. At the time, the person I heard it from referred to it as the Town Lake amoeba. Town Lake is the lake between Lake Travis, just northwest of Austin, and Lady Bird Lake, downtown. Anyway, it still seems to get someone every few years, or so.
Haven't even been in the local lakes in quite some time, but, back then it never kept me out of them, because it was still a very rare occurrence.

donaldtoo

Texas University has lost their brains. 100 missing in the mist.
B36KfpaIgAAvyrO.jpg

And nobody noticed?

That's actually "The University of Texas", thank you very much...! :happy: ;)
And yes, they have lost their brains...
They started storin' 'em (including the brain of Charles Whitman, the infamous clock tower shooter from '66) in the basement when they ran out of room on the main level.
Oooopppsssss...!!! :joyfull: :D :oops: ;) :)

Gabe1

They started storin' 'em (including the brain of Charles Whitman, the infamous clock tower shooter from '66) in the basement when they ran out of room on the main level.

How do you 'loose' 100 brains pickled in huge jars?

Gabe1

Hahahahaha . . . :hilarious: :joyfull: Walter's no chump. He needed to stretch out for maximum comfort, and he couldn't do that with her in the way. Makes perfect sense.

Last night my DH had gone to bed early and the Pup with him. Walt had his head propped up on the throw pillow shams in my spot. DD kept trying to wake him to go with her without waking DH but Walt just grumbling. He was comfy on my pillow memory foam bed.

Cesar R M

I wonder if they will appear in some obscure black market collector website.

FutureCEO

Canadian lobsters discovered in England. Experts blame cruise ship diners trying to 'save' critters by throwing them overboard. Twits forgot to cut the bands on their claws. :oops: @FutureCEO you want to live there why?

Some may be stupid but I love them. :inlove:

1) My favorite actors/actresses/shows/music are all from the UK or Europe.
2. European accents are a major major plus. Esp. those Europeans who speak broken English
3. I love old buildings....and history
4. I love the closeness of the towns like Oxford, Cambridge, some cute Swiss town I saw on PBS
5. They all have their flaws...ie high taxes but free healthcare in the UK, economy, government, etc. I do not like cutting trees in favor of houses and towns in rural area.
6. If I could pick in Europe where I wanted to live and work. I'm not sure. England is lovely but it is slowly becoming USA 2. Ironic.

hottest people = Sweden
429c_stockholm_ch.jpg

Gabe1

I'm sorry you had that experience. I too am Catholic and have witnessed similar events. I don't like it when priests or other members of the church demonstrate other behaviors than what they should be.

Thanks. It was far from what I endured growing up and later in the Church though.

Yeah, I'm one of those that was raised Catholic, I will always be Catholic. When we moved from the City to the suburbs there was some great debate with our then current priest on helping me get into the closer school that was filled mid year, my Dad had given money and construction services to the Parish. The priest told my Dad why should he, he wouldn't be a contributing member of his Parish any more. I guess my Dad had a shouting match with the dude then. When I went to school in the morning we were sat in a circle to pray for his soul. God must have decided it was his time to leave earth, he died of a massive heart attack after his conversation with my Dad. Dad became non practicing.

Me, my own moment came when I found out by the media that 2 priests in a row with the ick stink of child abuse were transferred to our Parish in our little Hamlet. One removed by the police, the 2nd one. I'm as jaded as my Dad became.

FutureCEO

2-3 times a year (I'm up to 40-something lifetime trips). Once in January, once in August, and sometimes in June for a few days if we've taken our beach vacation in SC. We're DVC members, and my dad has the system down to a science. We've also been to DL twice, and my dad bought into Aulani so we can go there every few years:). We just save and save wherever we can. Being DVC members and AP holders really helps. Tables in Wonderland offers a 20% discount on TS meals, and then the AP discount on merchandise helps a lot too. We probably spend about a month out of the year in WDW.

I don't like I could go to Disney 2-3 times a year. A week is enough. And I don't even pay for it all. Just the plane ticket, alcohol and parks tickets. Parents have DVC which I will never buy myself. I would rather see the world. One can ride the rides for so long and not get bored with them.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom