The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Frozen-Graphic2.png

Well if I were to say something positive about those statistics, I do have a soft spot for Olaf. But the inquisitive part of me wants to know what beat out Frosty by 77% There isn't any little asterisk for that stat. :confused:

seahawk7

Agreed, I've always liked the time before Christmas better than the actual day. I'm another one who loves Christmas music, and I especially love Christmas specials and movies. Speaking of which, Charlie Brown Christmas is on!! :)
Did you watch the Toy Story Christmas special the was on before it? I was curious if it was funny. I taped both and are going to watch them this weekend.

Gabe1

My BIL (my sis's hubby) sisters home DVC is Boardwalk and has mega points (she owns have of a large long haul trucking company.) She along with family and extended family are going down to Disney for a little over 2 weeks at Christmas and have a Grand Villa at the Boardwalk.

My Sis and her family have decided to go to the Amazon instead. :cyclops:

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
Just curious, how often do you guys go?
2-3 times a year (I'm up to 40-something lifetime trips). Once in January, once in August, and sometimes in June for a few days if we've taken our beach vacation in SC. We're DVC members, and my dad has the system down to a science. We've also been to DL twice, and my dad bought into Aulani so we can go there every few years:). We just save and save wherever we can. Being DVC members and AP holders really helps. Tables in Wonderland offers a 20% discount on TS meals, and then the AP discount on merchandise helps a lot too. We probably spend about a month out of the year in WDW.

My graduation present for HS was a girls' trip to WDW. I couldn't go with my parents in January because my semester started early (with all of the snow we got, they learned their lesson and are starting at the end of January this year). So my dad paid for me to go to WDW. He footed the hotel room (Pop on an AP discount), gave me a spending budget for food and souvenirs, and he paid airfare (though between frequent flyer miles and some vouchers we had because Southwest misplaced our luggage, I think it came out to $22.:joyfull:) My best friend came with me and we had such a blast.

For the record, my dad is awesome.

Gabe1

My brother has so much Olaf stuff in his room...an Olaf blanket, an Olaf bank, a singing, dancing Olaf plush, paper Olaf fans that we got a DHS during the Frozen Summer Fun...and we got Frozen pencils at Five Below one day. I also have an Olaf beanie baby and one of the fans in my room.

I also have seen Elsa costumes at the grocery store for girls.

I like that boy! :happy:

seahawk7

2-3 times a year (I'm up to 40-something lifetime trips). Once in January, once in August, and sometimes in June for a few days if we've taken our beach vacation in SC. We're DVC members, and my dad has the system down to a science. We've also been to DL twice, and my dad bought into Aulani so we can go there every few years:). We just save and save wherever we can. Being DVC members and AP holders really helps. Tables in Wonderland offers a 20% discount on TS meals, and then the AP discount on merchandise helps a lot too. We probably spend about a month out of the year in WDW.

My graduation present for HS was a girls' trip to WDW. I couldn't go with my parents in January because my semester started early (with all of the snow we got, they learned their lesson and are starting at the end of January this year). So my dad paid for me to go to WDW. He footed the hotel room (Pop on an AP discount), gave me a spending budget for food and souvenirs, and he paid airfare (though between frequent flyer miles and some vouchers we had because Southwest misplaced our luggage, I think it came out to $22.:joyfull:) My best friend came with me and we had such a blast.

For the record, my dad is awesome.
Does he want to adopt a 40 year-old girl?

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
Ok that's what I thought. That is scary to think that we would be in that water if the ferry or boat had trouble.
Yeah, but pretty much as long as you don't get it in your nose and ears, you're okay. It's a parasite, so it's not extremely contagious, and you just don't want it to reach your brain because it literally eats your brain. It sounds like something out of Star Trek or some other science fiction, but it's true.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/15/health/amoeba-case-florida-warning/index.html

You can swim in the water if you wear ear and nose plug. I don't recommend it, but you can.

The little bit of spray that comes off the water in the boat...I wouldn't worry about that. It breeds near the ground, so you're not likely to find it near the surface where the spray is coming from.

Gabe1

cant they be sued or shut down for blatant lying?

For the most part, unless the product is dangerous 'herbal type' remedies don't have to be proven, are not tested for content or approved by the FDA.

But...sometimes the Federal Trade Commission steps in when it appears claims are too wild. Dr.Oz is back pedaling on his focus on a magic pill, green coffee bean extract shedding weight of humans without diet or exercise. He also had his tushie hauled before congress to explain his endorsements.

But...scientists and medical field often debunk eastern medical remedies that don't go through pharmaceutical firms and the FDA that seem to have some health benefits. Green Tea being one that has multiple helpful properties that Western medicine is now starting to acknowledge.

My gut is BooBoo's family could be hit with some type of cease and desist if their Attorney General believes there is a fraud being perpetrated or even mail fraud. But how many people are that gullible? Dr Oz use to have some credibility.

Gabe1

Ohhhh . . . that's such a pretty picture. I like night shots of Christmas lights; there's something almost magical or spiritual about blue lights against white snow

I love blue lights too and we had plenty of snow up here last year that our blues were frozen into our bushes 'till March even though we didn't turn them on beyond New Years. I don't think they are going up this year. With my 3 foot Disney characters being out until Valentines Day and the lights until March when we could finally safely use a ladder, I'm still sick of them all so I've changed up what I'm doing out on the front of the property.

I have my bold lights on my fence, Minnie Mouse light in the middle of the picket fence. I have white flowery things in my window box. My flower pots on each side of my French Quarter Horse tie down will tomorrow have birch wood (set up in a tripod) with a blue blow where the three logs meet at the top and sparkly deep blue and silver leafy things around the base. Will only be lit by two carriage solar lights. From the bottom of the window box will hang a Santa Bag decorated with Frosty the snowman on it. The Horse tie down will have reindeer antlers. One colored spotlight on the white picket fence and another on the window box and done.

The back of the property is strung with mostly tiny white lights except for the Christmas tree that has tiny colorful lights. It should be complete tomorrow, it should be in the mid-30's. I will have to pour many quarts of boiling water up front in the flower pots to get the stuff in there, they are frozen solid already. I had to do that to my Whiskey barrel on Saturday, there is a lattice in there for my summer vines that has white lights on it. Rest of that should be done tomorrow too, hopefully. Hope I like the new arrangement while my Disney Land is on sabbatical.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
Okay, I've been at a group assignment that's due Thursday since about 2 PM. Guess what? It's still not done.

I'll get up tomorrow and start working on it. My first class I really don't need to go to (technically, I presented my project on Monday, it's done), so I'll be working until I need to go to my Accounting class. And then group meeting after class.

I came home at 12 PM. My dad's computer needed updated MS Office, so I installed that, did some maintenance on his computer, and then started working. Long afternoon.

And guess who has done the most work on this project? Ugh.

I'm off to bed. I'm so ready for this semester to be over. One group presentation Thursday, one Accounting final Monday, an individual paper for my class on diseases due Thursday, and one online final for my business law class, and then I'm done. So. Ready. To. Be. Done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom