The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

OSUgirl77

They were quite the duo, weren't they?! :) (And I would have really liked her white outfit if it wasn't cut quite so low . . . :jawdrop: But other than that one detail, the outfit was beautiful.) I also like how they had both pop and country singers, as well as one Latin singer I believe, so there was music for many different tastes. The Rockettes were stunning. Wasn't that tree magnificent when they turned on all the pretty lights?! :happy:
Gorgeous! I'm always a sucker for Christmas lights though. :)

donaldtoo

How do you 'loose' 100 brains pickled in huge jars?

young-frankenstein1.jpg

FutureCEO

My ultimate favorite Christmas movie is on, The Polar Express. :inlove:

They never show The Santa Clause anymore, the original one, not the dumb 3rd one. I don't really know my favorite Christmas movie. I love those old 70's hour specials like Frosty and Rudolph, etc. I saw It's a Wonderful Life for the first time last year and I liked that.

Unless you count Love Actually as a Christmas movie. Then Love Actually it is.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Christmas at Rockefeller Center is on tv now (8-9 EST). Looks like an interesting lineup of stars. I think I heard that the tree is 85 feet high, and I believe it's from Pennsylvania this year. (One of those bucket list things is to go skating at Rockefeller Center some day.) :)

Update: 8:34 p.m. This show has some good sing-along, familiar Christmas songs! I'm really enjoying it! :cat:
My son was just in NYC on Thanksgiving weekend. He said the lineup just to get in to RC was more than 3 hours, let alone how long to wait to skate.
Me: Dude, who goes to NYC on Thanksgiving weekend?

donaldtoo

Christmas at Rockefeller Center is on tv now (8-9 EST). Looks like an interesting lineup of stars. I think I heard that the tree is 85 feet high, and I believe it's from Pennsylvania this year. (One of those bucket list things is to go skating at Rockefeller Center some day.) :)

Update: 8:34 p.m. This show has some good sing-along, familiar Christmas songs! I'm really enjoying it! :cat:

DWifey an I were there in mid-December of '87. It was pretty darn cool...! :)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I appreciate the good vibes, but I am not the one who needs therapy.

The reason my brother needs to see a shrink is because he contemplated (and in fact, gathered the necessary tools to commit) suicide before I left on holidays. That is not someone you just cut loose.

I've shared how my family is rife with mental illness, going back multiple generations. I am the sanest one of the bunch. I try to walk that fine line between being an enabler and being part of a support system.
Should Bro #2 actually be found swinging from a tree branch, it won't be because I pushed too hard.

My kids on the other hand, are selfish, self-righteous little brats - both of whom should be out of my house by next fall. One in January, and the other when he goes away to school. :)

I totally understand and have empathy with what you are going through. People who go through therapy don't have to be insane. A fresh set of eyes looking at issues you are attempting to cope with and the paths chosen or not chosen. When my Dad was doing hip replacement and a 2 month stint away in assisted physical therapy we called in a therapist. Dad was awful and my Mom & I had different opposite approaches with him, neither were working or in the long run good or helpful in turning my Dads behavior around. My Mom was the supportive enabler and that gave my Dad power to verbally abuse the heck out of her and treat me poorly, he was and still is manipulative. We on the other hand learned how to effectively deal with him.

A therapist will ask the hard questions one don't want to hear and yes it scary. It is difficult to open yourself up to the thought that we can be making things worse. Yeah, I can believe your brother would threaten a realistic suicide as you were going away with his wife on holiday. My Dad is going to die everytime my Mom is going to leave the house. Narcissistic. She just has the tools to deal with it now. I've seen how manipulative my father can be. If my Dad followed through and ended it all it would not be my fault any more than it is your fault or your SIL if God forbid your brother did. Therapy teaches you that and what to do and what not to do. We did it not only for my Dad, my Mom and I but mostly for my DH. DH was the collateral damage. While he is a wonderful supportive husband, never complained but he deserved a better life than me being unhinged constantly because of my father. I wanted that for my DH. I knew in my heart that just because my DH loved me and was there for me I wanted better for him. And if the Dear Lord calls my Dad home, that was His choice not mine.

{{{Hugs}}} for you.

StarWarsGirl

My children have a mother and father that don't leave the country anymore either.
My mom left once when she was in high school to go to France

My father doesn't want to leave the country because he doesn't want to go any place "where they don't speak English." :rolleyes: He said he would go to Canada. Not that anyone really wants to visit Canada (no offense @JenniferS ). Nor does he I think. He just said he would.

My mom would love to go to France again. We were talking about it for when I graduated, but ended up doing a DL/Hawaii trip. The DL part was fun, but my allergies were so bad out there that I ended up staying back at the resort most of the time. Wasn't able to climb Diamond Head or do any of the trails. Really though, Aulani is not a bad place to be stuck. Just couldn't go outside at night...I need prescription level stuff before I go back

Cesar R M

I wonder how many more people I can pi$$ off today?

Son #1 - "I need your car" - No, you were late for school yesterday, so no car for 3 days
"Give me money" - No, I paid $1500 for your New York trip last week, and you don't get any more until Friday.
($$ BTW is predicated on his attending school. Call it a bribe.)
He then proceded to harrass and berate me for half an hour.
Guess what, I stuck to my guns. No car. No cash. Just lots of BS being awful to me.

Bro #2 called late last night and said he was cancelling his 10:00 a.m. app't for this morning.
I tried to talk him into going. If anyone needs to see a shrink, it's him!
Anyway, he didn't respond to any of my texts last night or today, didn't actually cancel the app't (slept all day instead), and then phones me at 4:30, demanding I change my FB profile pic.

By now, I'm already pi$$y, so I said, "Whatever. Did you re-schedule?"

Get this, he didn't go to the app't because:
a) He hasn't had a shower in over a week (So, take one!)
b) He has no clean clothes (I'm sure the shrink doesn't care, plus you know ... washing machines ....)
c) He's just not up to it (Seriously, how can any of us help you, if you won't even take the little steps to help yourself?)

And, he didn't reschedule ... because he doesn't have their number. Says he has to wait for the office to call him.

I did however, change my profile pic, to one that doesn't include Tammy. I'm not totally heartless.
@JenniferS - making friends everywhere.
wow, almost feels like you have to take your son's hand like a baby and give him everything sponfed o_O

Cesar R M

I'm sorry that is awful on both their parts.

You are aware of the problems with your brothers and with the sons and someone is always being abusive, not doing what they should be doing and you are always giving them huge amounts of money, they are all adults. It never ends and likely never will until the gravy train ends and you refuse to accept the verbal abuse and laziness along with their total lack of taking responsibility for chores or having a job. They are all adults and can earn money if need be. I'd skip going to therapy with brother and go yourself. You need help figuring out why you are allowing these men in you life (minus DH) to do this to you and why you are compelled to fund them given the laziness, drugs and abuse. Maybe once you figure out your role in all this with so many men hopefully the pieces will come together on how you should proceed and get yourself out of this vicious, never ending cycle. Only you can stop this and end it. Tough love.

Did you Dad allow your brothers to be abusive to your Mom and did your Mom keep giving your brothers money?
agree on this!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
My mom left once when she was in high school to go to France

My father doesn't want to leave the country because he doesn't want to go any place "where they don't speak English." :rolleyes: He said he would go to Canada. Not that anyone really wants to visit Canada (no offense @JenniferS ). Nor does he I think. He just said he would.

My mom would love to go to France again. We were talking about it for when I graduated, but ended up doing a DL/Hawaii trip. The DL part was fun, but my allergies were so bad out there that I ended up staying back at the resort most of the time. Wasn't able to climb Diamond Head or do any of the trails. Really though, Aulani is not a bad place to be stuck. Just couldn't go outside at night...I need prescription level stuff before I go back

We use to go to Mexico frequently years ago. I never felt Canada as a vacation destination, similar enough to what I am use to and all our ships came through there so it was always work related.

seahawk7

That's what I thought. The manager keeps saying she wants to take of me as a loyal employee, however, at the same time, the shift I have been covering there for 7 years has to be put up for everyone to see if they want it. Time will tell what happens.
So the January schedule at my second job was made and I didn't get the shaft. I'm working three night shifts and one dayshift. Unfortunately the schedule was made by the awesome lead therapist who is leaving, so the jury is still out on what the manager does with the futures schedules. I will keep you guys posted and thanks for all the moral support.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom