The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
in ohter news.. guess who got some awful food poisoning?
I did, been going nonstop to the bathroom every hour since yesterday midnight :hungover:

pretty sure I have (or had) fever..

so.. I apologize if I write with more typos than usual.
groggy as hell.

Oh, that's awful. I hope you're feeling better very soon. Food poisoning is nasty; I had it a few times in my life.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Joy Joy :bored: Rugby Stripe Fashions have returned as Chic for Winter and Spring. Still not as bad as the mock Sailor Suits of early 2014 return. :cyclops:

elle-00-rugby-stripes-lgn.jpg

Last one has the appearance of an awkward pre-teen.

Pass. I think those fashions are uggo. :eek:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I like most all of it. I have, mostly, nothin' but good memories of Christmas, and the music just helps to get me in the spirit even more. :)

Me too!! :happy: (Although, I don't like hearing the songs too early, as in weeks prior to Thanksgiving; but once Thanksgiving arrives, I love all the songs!) Yet, I also understand that some people don't care for the music, and that's o.k. To each his own, as they say.

I sometimes think that the whole "season" of Christmas is even a little more exciting than Christmas Day, only in the sense of the buildup of anticipation, over the weeks prior to Christmas. There's usually parties and a flurry of activity, and there's Christmas songs being played in the background. So, for me, these traditional songs heard year after year, evoke warm and happy emotions; and for a few weeks, I can distance myself from a world that is spinning off its axis . . .

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
There's an old expression in New England, "If you don't like the weather, wait a minute . . ." It can be like a roller coaster with constant climate changes up here in the Northeast. :) I'm happy now because it's cold outside. Took a quick walk outside on my lunch break today at work, and the colder air felt great!
Maryland has especially weird weather. We can't seem to decide whether we're a Northern or Southern state. Yesterday, it seemed like we were a Southern state. Today we were a Northern State. Next week, who knows.

We have identity issues

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
:hilarious: :hilarious:

Ha! I've been this way all my life. Right now, I'm in my glory! :D And, another benefit to enjoying the cold is that my heating bill is very low compared to most people's. I'm most comfortable when it's like a barn in here.:happy:
I'm always cold. I'm in jeans when it's 75 and most people are in shorts. And I don't mind Florida heat. My brother and I went to MK in August when the heat index was 100 degrees. We were both fine with that. Just drank enough and went on an indoor attraction every now and then for air conditioning. Yes, this is weird.

Last January when my parents were in WDW, I really ran their heat bill up. It was cold.

OSUgirl77

Me too!! :happy: (Although, I don't like hearing the songs too early, as in weeks prior to Thanksgiving; but once Thanksgiving arrives, I love all the songs!) Yet, I also understand that some people don't care for the music, and that's o.k. To each his own, as they say.

I sometimes think that the whole "season" of Christmas is even a little more exciting than Christmas Day, only in the sense of the buildup of anticipation, over the weeks prior to Christmas. There's usually parties and a flurry of activity, and there's Christmas songs being played in the background. So, for me, these traditional songs heard year after year, evoke warm and happy emotions; and for a few weeks, I can distance myself from a world that is spinning off its axis . . .
Agreed, I've always liked the time before Christmas better than the actual day. I'm another one who loves Christmas music, and I especially love Christmas specials and movies. Speaking of which, Charlie Brown Christmas is on!! :)

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
Did that giraffe in the background come from WDW, by chance...?
Yup. As did the Tiki God cup. The pencil cup is also from Morocco believe it or not. I think even the mousepad was from France. Also, not shown, but there is a wooden camel that is from Morocco and there are paper coasters that we retrieved from the room (they say WDW on them). Above the desk is Disney artwork. It's the jail scene in PofC with Mickey, Donald, Goofy, and Pluto.

Our house is decorated with a lot of Disney. My tub used to have Mickey adhesives on the bottom. You can't even look in the kitchen sink without seeing Mickey. He's the strainer in the drain. Oh, and my mom made birdhouses with Mickey.

We like Disney

donaldtoo

There's an old expression in New England, "If you don't like the weather, wait a minute . . ." It can be like a roller coaster with constant climate changes up here in the Northeast. :) I'm happy now because it's cold outside. Took a quick walk outside on my lunch break today at work, and the colder air felt great!

When we were getting ready to move back to Texas from NoCal in the summer of '76, I remember my pop tellin' us kiddos that the seasons would be more pronounced in Texas. We had moved from Texas when I was 4, and I was the oldest, so none of us really remembered anything major weather-wise. Other than the fact that I did remember a small snow we had in San Antonio before we left. We just remembered it bein' hotter than heck during our annual summer vacations back to Texas.
Anyway, that first winter back when it got down into the teens, we were a bit shocked. It never even got close to doin' that in NoCal... :confused: ;) :)

seahawk7

I had my DS at Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve. We were later than we should have been for a busy Mass and had to go to the overflow room, the Cafe-A-Gym-Auditorium with a Priest that looked like they rolled out of the retirement home just for the Holiday.

Priest went on a Loud Rant about Christmas Carols not having anything to do with Christmas or the Birth of Jesus and continued to flip out. Freaked the 8 year old out and we walked out of the Mass. How does, Little town of Bethlehem, Away in the Manger, Silent Night, O'Holy Night not have anything to do with Christmas???

My sons story about Church and Christmas has always been about the time Mom walked out of Mass on Christmas Eve before Communion.
I'm sorry you had that experience. I too am Catholic and have witnessed similar events. I don't like it when priests or other members of the church demonstrate other behaviors than what they should be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom