The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Yep, as far as the concepts for the working systems of the city were envisioned, I still believe it is a solid vision...if you were able to start from the ground up.
As far the idea for the way it would have all been run...pretty much, nothing more than a utopian pipe dream.

Yet I wholeheartedly believe he visioned his own little society, from apartments for workers, to basic needs shopping, to transportation to and from work all in his little Epcot area. It is what others kinda built in Celebration. What they forgot was they couldn't abstain from governing bodies or school systems let alone elected officials and not what happens in Reedy Creek.

Gabe1

Been dancing this dance for almost 5 years.

If they're done, they're done.
Sadly, I think the love is over, and anger and hurt have triumphed.

At 42, they are both too young to be sentenced to a life without love.

I wish them both all the best. Hopefully, Bro can keep level-headed enough to keep me out of it. Past history, however, indicates this is not too likely.

Yep, I run from stuff like this. My Sis, the attorney....her SIL (her husbands sister) was divorcing her husband.
My Sister represented SIL soon to be ex. :facepalm:

seahawk7

I prefer Let It Go to Christmas music...actually I prefer country music to Christmas music. And I don't like country. In January, they were still playing Christmas music at RnRC. I complained every time we walked by.

I really don't like Christmas music.
I don't care for Christmas music either. I find it depressing. I do, however, like the religious Christmas music I grew up with.

Gabe1

Well I think I must stop reading this packet. Oy. When I got to the term motivationally dispossessed I just wanted to scream. Who writes like this. Like that is any more professional than just saying we have 4 students that have just checked out and are not doing the work so they are not on track to graduate 8th grade in May? Term sounds like there should be an exorcism.

Stop it!

*rant over*

Gabe1

I don't care for Christmas music either. I find it depressing. I do, however, like the religious Christmas music I grew up with.

I had my DS at Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve. We were later than we should have been for a busy Mass and had to go to the overflow room, the Cafe-A-Gym-Auditorium with a Priest that looked like they rolled out of the retirement home just for the Holiday.

Priest went on a Loud Rant about Christmas Carols not having anything to do with Christmas or the Birth of Jesus and continued to flip out. Freaked the 8 year old out and we walked out of the Mass. How does, Little town of Bethlehem, Away in the Manger, Silent Night, O'Holy Night not have anything to do with Christmas???

My sons story about Church and Christmas has always been about the time Mom walked out of Mass on Christmas Eve before Communion.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Oh boy. Don't get me started on the state of "country" music. :rolleyes:
I'll take me some George Strait, and the like, any day over so much of the keeerap that's comin' out, these days.
Speakin' of which, he starred in a movie called Pure Country that even received a decent amount of critical acclaim.
It's about an established country star that gets all caught up in the glam and glitz and loses sight of his roots.
Needless to say, through a series of events, he finds his roots again by the end.
Even if your not a country music fan, it's still a sweet little story that you might like. :)

Thank you for the tip. That sounds like an interesting story. I just looked it up on Google. I'll ask for it as a Christmas present. (Note to self: add DVD to my Christmas wish list. Come to think of it, that's the list that's spilled over to a 2nd page, and it's only Dec. 2nd! :hilarious: )

MinnieM123

Premium Member
That is quite funny.

On Friday, the tv stations were showing footage of Black Friday brouhahas in the U.S. and the U.K.; and then a very orderly Canadian line, where the shoppers waited patiently for the shopgirl to get the door all the way open, even waiting for her to drop the rubber door-stop, before entering single file.

OMG . . . civilized behavior is actually alive somewhere . . . :jawdrop: :happy:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Thought of you today. Taxi cab driver ran away. Wife went to let dog out, bricks landed on husband and dog.
Dog OK, dude stable in hospital. Welcome to Northern IL. Oh and taxi driver left his open bottle of liquor in front seat when he ran away.
images

Yikes! (And that was a far more powerful hit to the house than what happened at ours. In our case, I think the car wasn't going as fast, with the sidewalk curb and lawn starting to slow it down. He sort of hit the house at an angle, which lessened the impact.)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Well I think I must stop reading this packet. Oy. When I got to the term motivationally dispossessed I just wanted to scream. Who writes like this. Like that is any more professional than just saying we have 4 students that have just checked out and are not doing the work so they are not on track to graduate 8th grade in May? Term sounds like there should be an exorcism.

Stop it!

*rant over*

Motivationally dispossessed . . . o_O That must be "new speak" for lazy? :hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom