The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I'd expect my laptop to last more like 3-4 years. Since my last laptop was cheaper than my current one and made it to 3 years, the fact that this one didn't even make it to 2 years is very disappointing. My brother's computer was cheaper, and it still works. It's a Dell. It's not without issues, but it works

I'm leaning towards Lenovo. Consumer Reports recommends them, PC magazine recommends them, my school uses them, and now Cesar has recommended them. Going to Best Buy after class to look again at laptops

If you are anything like my DD she used her laptop even more in college than in High School. In HS she was at school a good chunk of the day, in college her laptop went everywhere with her. So it is not so much about its years of use but the wear and tear. That said she was really ticked given how much it cost that is started giving her issues before year 2 also. That is why she went Mac. Manchilds is 3.5 year old HP, no issues at all but is barely ever used.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
If you are anything like my DD she used her laptop even more in college than in High School. In HS she was at school a good chunk of the day, in college her laptop went everywhere with her. So it is not so much about its years of use but the wear and tear. That said she was really ticked given how much it cost that is started giving her issues before year 2 also. That is why she went Mac. Manchilds is 3.5 year old HP, no issues at all but is barely ever used.
My laptop is usually used at home. I hardly ever lug it to school. I've got my Surface for that reason, since it does Office. First semester, I lugged it. Then I got my Android tablet so that I could read textbooks on it and stop lugging my laptop to school. So it got used about the same in college as in high school.

donaldtoo

That is fascinating; I never heard that before. What a neat layered transportation concept he had. The man was a creative genius.

Although, Walt wasn't the first to visualize many of those ideas and concepts, he sure seemed to be one that had the potential timing, visionary drive, and ability to find the resources to possibly make the experiment happen. And, although, it would have been extremely difficult to make it happen in the real world, it woulda' been fun watchin' him go there...!!! :joyfull: ;) :)

Gabe1

do the olsons have drug problems? the one on the right looks really bad.

Yeah, Mary Kate. 5-6 years of drugs and s*x addiction, about a decade ago she struggled with an eating disorder.
She got clean in rehab and launched The Row. Then got another druggie boyfriend and the last I had heard she was looking pretty bad. The dude is much older and guess known for his party life.

Ashley seems to have her act together.

Gabe1

Although, Walt wasn't the first to visualize many of those ideas and concepts, he sure seemed to be one that had the potential timing, visionary drive, and ability to find the resources to possibly make the experiment happen. And, although, it would have been extremely difficult to make it happen in the real world, it woulda' been fun watchin' him go there...!!! :joyfull: ;) :)

I still get a kick that Walt thought he could create his own little democracy in Florida with his Epcot vision. More dumbfounded that the sillies thought they could still pull that off with Celebration. Clout only trumps democracy so far.

Gabe1

Good grief, I'm sooo flippin' more dense than usual, lately... :confused: :cyclops:
So, DWifey started her temp gig at the state today. She texted me that the first thing her supervisor commented on was her cute (good gosh, DWifey is a hotty :D :inlove:) outfit. From there, it just got better.
By the end of the day, the nice lady had her applying for the open full-time position in her dept. that would give my love a 50% raise over what she was makin' in Idiotville...!!! :joyfull: :happy:
Prayers and pixie dust that she gets the position, please...!

Finger Cross, sending her good Karma. Boy she didn't remain idol long, didn't think she would though.

Gabe1

I am so going to H-E- double hockey sticks - Part I:

It was finally a dry day. No snow, no rain, no wind. And I got stuck helping Hubby do some outside work that Son #2 was "too tired" to do.

We spent two hours reassembling the shed that was completely demolished in last week's wicked wind storm.
After my help was no longer required, Hubby spent another two hours out there by himself.

When he finally came in, he asked me if we had any Bactine or Polysporin, and showed me where he had scraped all the skin off his wrist.

I gladly sprayed it with Bactine (2.5% lidocaine, I'll have you know).

Who says white men can't jump?

I laughed and laughed.
And then maybe, after he called me a not-nice name, I laughed even more.

Ha! But taking it out on the wrong man??? Doesn't son #2 work on Mondays?

Gabe1

Ha! That's great! And now I know the meaning of that expression after all these years. (And I can think of additional people that I'd like to say that to, as well!) :jawdrop: :joyfull:

That came from the internet but I have so many odd type of encyclopedias, origins of names, origins of words, origins of phrases. Enjoy tiny slices of useless knowledge.

Gabe1

That is fascinating; I never heard that before. What a neat layered transportation concept he had. The man was a creative genius.

I'm as much a fan, if not more of his brother Roy. The dude that had to rein him in and have Walt's visions reworked into feasible concepts. Roy brought life to his brothers whackadoodle ideas, that is my spin on the Disney Brothers.

donaldtoo

I still get a kick that Walt thought he could create his own little democracy in Florida with his Epcot vision. More dumbfounded that the sillies thought they could still pull that off with Celebration. Clout only trumps democracy so far.

Yep, as far as the concepts for the working systems of the city were envisioned, I still believe it is a solid vision...if you were able to start from the ground up.
As far the idea for the way it would have all been run...pretty much, nothing more than a utopian pipe dream.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Ha! But taking it out on the wrong man??? Doesn't son #2 work on Mondays?
I was actually going to go back and add "on the weekend"....

Yes, he works on Mondays. Last week he worked 5:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (or later), four out of five days. And regular 7:30-5:00 on the other day.
So, yeah, he was tired, but gosh darnitt he owes us - 9 hours round-trip to TO last week for stupid Book of Mormon, and then 3 hours round-trip to Guelph this Friday, so he could drop off GF's b'day gift.

All Mike asked for was an hour or two of help yesterday, when the temps were much warmer. Yeah, there were a few on and off sprinkles yesterday, but the diff in temps was 13-15F (that's basically 25+ degrees to you - high 50's vs just below freezing).

Adopted Son was away for the weekend snow-boarding, and was upset to hear that I had to help with the shed. He apologized. Son #2 ... nuttin'!

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
I'm as much a fan, if not more of his brother Roy. The dude that had to rein him in and have Walt's visions reworked into feasible concepts. Roy brought life to his brothers whackadoodle ideas, that is my spin on the Disney Brothers.
They were mutually beneficial to each other.
Neither would have been as successful, without the love and support of the other.

Sometimes you wonder what God was thinking when doling out siblings. And other times, you just think BINGO!
Cradle to grave, those two were best buds.

Gabe1

Hee hee . . . I'll bet he would have appreciated @Gabe1 's creative vocabulary, too! I think that made-up words are fun! :happy:

It is all about being able to lighten up and have some fun. Many of my -isms are real words just used in a creative way too along with my made up words. All in good fun. I have to write and respond carefully to so much of what I do, choosing words carefully. In downtime it is nice to just have some silly fun.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
Hmph. My brother should love it when I steal his laptop. He now has a DVD decoder on there, which was missing when I first got it, so he couldn't watch movies on it. I also took the wireless adapter that I had ordered from Amazon and was going to use for my laptop and put it on his laptop. Internet woks much better now. So he'll get something out of my taking his laptop.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom