The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
So one of the players is from a place where snow is really rare. Hence, he had never seen it until he was in Baltimore. So he was late to a defensive player meeting because he was building a snowman! :inlove: I just that was so endearing and wanted to share it with you because I thought you would concur.

Awe. I'd give him an excused tardy.

Gabe1

c456914df6e29c5f39df9ecd98606bee.jpeg

donaldtoo

I'm as much a fan, if not more of his brother Roy. The dude that had to rein him in and have Walt's visions reworked into feasible concepts. Roy brought life to his brothers whackadoodle ideas, that is my spin on the Disney Brothers.

Yep, but, without Walt, Roy would have most likely just been a regular banker all his life. ;)
Also, I tend to believe Walt woulda' found a way to make most of his dreams come true with or without Roy.
He was a master of persuasion (even with Roy, to a good degree), and at surrounding himself with people that could do the things he couldn't, to achieve those dreams. :)

Gabe1

Oh boy. Don't get me started on the state of "country" music. :rolleyes:
I'll take me some George Strait, and the like, any day over so much of the keeerap that's comin' out, these days.
Speakin' of which, he starred in a movie called Pure Country that even received a decent amount of critical acclaim.
It's about an established country star that gets all caught up in the glam and glitz and loses sight of his roots.
Needless to say, through a series of events, he finds his roots again by the end.
Even if your not a country music fan, it's still a sweet little story that you might like. :)

On a whole I enjoy modern Country music. Happiness is Garth Brooks come back.

Gabe1

Sadly, it looks like SIL/BFF is soon going to be BFF only.
Bro #2 just called to ask me if I would help him file the papers and pay for him to file for divorce. :(

The truth is, they've been more off than on for the past four and a half years.

And oh joy, he insists I go with him to see his new psychiatrist on Wednesday.
Not just drive him; like actually go in to see the doctor with him.
Pretty sure the psychiatrist won't permit that past the initial visit though.

This is my retribution for laughing at Hubby, isn't it?
* Wonder if he wants another squirt of Bactine when he gets home from basketball practice? :angelic:

Well that is an awkward position to be in.

Gabe1

Hmph. My brother should love it when I steal his laptop. He now has a DVD decoder on there, which was missing when I first got it, so he couldn't watch movies on it. I also took the wireless adapter that I had ordered from Amazon and was going to use for my laptop and put it on his laptop. Internet woks much better now. So he'll get something out of my taking his laptop.

Nice!

donaldtoo

On a whole I enjoy modern Country music. Happiness is Garth Brooks come back.

Me, not so much. To me, so much of it just sounds like "rock lite" or pop.
But yes, Garth had some decent stuff. Also, he's said that he loves his Georges...George Jones and George Strait...! :)

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Well that is an awkward position to be in.
Been dancing this dance for almost 5 years.

If they're done, they're done.
Sadly, I think the love is over, and anger and hurt have triumphed.

At 42, they are both too young to be sentenced to a life without love.

I wish them both all the best. Hopefully, Bro can keep level-headed enough to keep me out of it. Past history, however, indicates this is not too likely.

JenniferS

Me, not so much. To me, so much of it just sounds like "rock lite" or pop.
But yes, Garth had some decent stuff. Also, he's said that he loves his Georges...George Jones and George Strait...! :)
I have one Alabama Christmas song and one Alan Jackson Christmas song in my iTunes library.
That's about it for the CC.

Country Carp
* runs and hides
Don't bother chasing me though. I'm armed ... with Bactine. :joyfull:

donaldtoo

Alrighty, I think I'm caught up...
Plus, this computer's runnin' slower than a well diggers beeeeehind in January.
Wait...I think I mixed my metaphors...? o_O :D ;)
Have a Magical night, all...!
See yaaaaaaa'...!!! :)

JenniferS

When Canadians get upset and start to protest, this is what ya get

A7DuToDCEAAzNbs.jpg
That is quite funny.

On Friday, the tv stations were showing footage of Black Friday brouhahas in the U.S. and the U.K.; and then a very orderly Canadian line, where the shoppers waited patiently for the shopgirl to get the door all the way open, even waiting for her to drop the rubber door-stop, before entering single file.

Gabe1

Ha, ha . . . I was about 17 at the time, and sound asleep. I think it was around 2 AM, and a drunk driver managed to steer his car off the street and into the front of our house! Everyone woke up and ran downstairs except for me; I was sleeping nicely, thank you. (Oddly enough, the car didn't do as much structural damage as you'd expect. The loud impact was probably worse than the extent of the hit.)

Finally, one of my brothers came upstairs, and told me I had to come downstairs and see what was going on, so I reluctantly did. Cops arrived after a while, cuffed the driver (who remarkably, was not injured, just inebriated), and a tow truck towed the car away. Then, I went back to sleep! :hilarious:

Thought of you today. Taxi cab driver ran away. Wife went to let dog out, bricks landed on husband and dog.
Dog OK, dude stable in hospital. Welcome to Northern IL. Oh and taxi driver left his open bottle of liquor in front seat when he ran away.
images

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom