The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So staffing company calls me from NYC, I looked it up. Anyway, I applied for a job a couple weeks ago. They call me today saying that the company wants to hire someone right away, no interview and to fill out paperwork and send it online. Copy of ID and everything. Problem is, I'm afraid it's a scam (my dad was a cop). The website says they have been in business since 2003.

I tried calling the company they're hiring for. It's impossible to call them unless you want to track packages. Seems legit though. Oy Vey

Just a suggestion: have you looked online to see it any others have had any kind of experience with this staffing company? Another thing to look at carefully is their online address and email address to check and see that there's not maybe just 1 letter, etc., that shouldn't be there (as if someone was trying to use a legitimate company name, etc., but changed the online address ever so slightly, enough to scam people . . .). Use your best judgment.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I am so going to H-E- double hockey sticks - Part I:

It was finally a dry day. No snow, no rain, no wind. And I got stuck helping Hubby do some outside work that Son #2 was "too tired" to do.

We spent two hours reassembling the shed that was completely demolished in last week's wicked wind storm.
After my help was no longer required, Hubby spent another two hours out there by himself.

When he finally came in, he asked me if we had any Bactine or Polysporin, and showed me where he had scraped all the skin off his wrist.

I gladly sprayed it with Bactine (2.5% lidocaine, I'll have you know).

Who says white men can't jump?

I laughed and laughed.
And then maybe, after he called me a not-nice name, I laughed even more.

I feel bad for him. A boo boo hurts even big guys. He needs a smooch from you to make it all better! :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@Cesar R M
Your opinion please:

Which brand is better: Lenovo or Dell?

To everyone else: my appologies for all the complaining about my laptop. And talking about laptops. I'm just obsessing about it.

Well, unlike Cesar, I don't know petunias about computers. But, I do enjoy reading the back and forth between you and him (and a few other computer savvy people here). So I'm actually a little into this, because I learn things from you and others here. :)

Goofyernmost

I dunno. 6' 8", 265-lb men who cry like a little girl over a squirt of Bactine do not rank very high on my list of "turn-ons".

Did I mention that I laughed and laughed?
Laughing right now as I think about it.
And here you have been trying to make us all believe that Canadians are sweet, kind, polite and considerate. For all of you keeping score, remember it was I that told you not to trust polite people. They are evil deep down.;)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
There's a country Christmas show I have on in the background. I'm not familiar with country music, as I never grew up around it. So far, I'm not too impressed with this particular show. However, I remember a few years ago I saw a country singer, Martina McBride, on TV, and she was a wonderful singer and sang very nice Christmas songs. I wish she was on this show. Think there's maybe another half hour left; maybe it will get better. I hope so.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
And here you have been trying to make us all believe that Canadians are sweet, kind, polite and considerate. For all of you keeping score, remember it was I that told you not to trust polite people. They are evil deep down.;)
Consider me the exception that proves the rule.

Seriously, you should have seen him. 2.5% lidocaine! Geesh!

Still laughing, by the way.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
Update on the country Christmas show: they're now singing "Let it Go". Click. Changing channel. Whatever happened to shows that had nice, traditional Christmas songs . . . :(
I prefer Let It Go to Christmas music...actually I prefer country music to Christmas music. And I don't like country. In January, they were still playing Christmas music at RnRC. I complained every time we walked by.

I really don't like Christmas music.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Sadly, it looks like SIL/BFF is soon going to be BFF only.
Bro #2 just called to ask me if I would help him file the papers and pay for him to file for divorce. :(

The truth is, they've been more off than on for the past four and a half years.

And oh joy, he insists I go with him to see his new psychiatrist on Wednesday.
Not just drive him; like actually go in to see the doctor with him.
Pretty sure the psychiatrist won't permit that past the initial visit though.

This is my retribution for laughing at Hubby, isn't it?
* Wonder if he wants another squirt of Bactine when he gets home from basketball practice? :angelic:

donaldtoo

There's a country Christmas show I have on in the background. I'm not familiar with country music, as I never grew up around it. So far, I'm not too impressed with this particular show. However, I remember a few years ago I saw a country singer, Martina McBride, on TV, and she was a wonderful singer and sang very nice Christmas songs. I wish she was on this show. Think there's maybe another half hour left; maybe it will get better. I hope so.

Oh boy. Don't get me started on the state of "country" music. :rolleyes:
I'll take me some George Strait, and the like, any day over so much of the keeerap that's comin' out, these days.
Speakin' of which, he starred in a movie called Pure Country that even received a decent amount of critical acclaim.
It's about an established country star that gets all caught up in the glam and glitz and loses sight of his roots.
Needless to say, through a series of events, he finds his roots again by the end.
Even if your not a country music fan, it's still a sweet little story that you might like. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom