The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

A company came up some next level in the tacky Christmas attire trend. Ugly Christmas Suits.

jeeqn4modkl6eswdqq8c.jpg

qpjkyjkzu8lfqvlzduwu.gif

tmn29dbtirzrynpf8uct.jpg

Only $109.00!!!

Anybody got some gasoline, and a match...? :cool:

Cesar R M

I miss travelers checks, actually. But the flip side to them is all the signing you have to do. Now. AMEX pushes the plastic cards instead. But with the old travelers checks, it was a little quicker to keep track of how much money you had left. With the preloaded cards, I had to save the receipts and add up a tally each night. (One good thing about the actual Disney cash cards, is that they print out the balance on the receipt after each transaction.) I had a couple of Disney cards and one Visa cash card for expenses, for my last trip to WDW in May. Worked out well.
they need to invent a card with a tiny LED and a finger print reader.
So every transaction, it updates the led amount, and needs the finger print to display it.

Cesar R M

I guess it depends on the use of laptop when determining their life cycle. Our school district deems 3 year and gone. Desk Tops 5 years and out. My DS has an HP that is like new bought in 2011 after graduation, used mostly for Netflix yet could use a new iPhone each year cause he is always playing with it. DD only got 2 bad years out of her Dell, no issues with her 2 year old Mac. She uses her laptops a great deal. My old Dell is 7 years old and had issues from day one.
IT also depends the type of laptop you use.
the expensive office lines for example.. are workhorse and lasts way more.
the cheap students ones are build to last AT MOST 2 YEARS.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
I guess it depends on the use of laptop when determining their life cycle. Our school district deems 3 year and gone. Desk Tops 5 years and out. My DS has an HP that is like new bought in 2011 after graduation, used mostly for Netflix yet could use a new iPhone each year cause he is always playing with it. DD only got 2 bad years out of her Dell, no issues with her 2 year old Mac. She uses her laptops a great deal. My old Dell is 7 years old and had issues from day one.
I'd expect my laptop to last more like 3-4 years. Since my last laptop was cheaper than my current one and made it to 3 years, the fact that this one didn't even make it to 2 years is very disappointing. My brother's computer was cheaper, and it still works. It's a Dell. It's not without issues, but it works

I'm leaning towards Lenovo. Consumer Reports recommends them, PC magazine recommends them, my school uses them, and now Cesar has recommended them. Going to Best Buy after class to look again at laptops

FutureCEO

So staffing company calls me from NYC, I looked it up. Anyway, I applied for a job a couple weeks ago. They call me today saying that the company wants to hire someone right away, no interview and to fill out paperwork and send it online. Copy of ID and everything. Problem is, I'm afraid it's a scam (my dad was a cop). The website says they have been in business since 2003.

I tried calling the company they're hiring for. It's impossible to call them unless you want to track packages. Seems legit though. Oy Vey

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Ha! Gabe-isms have been around a lot longer than me!
One part of Hubby's eulogy for my dad was dedicated to his nonsense words and sayings.
Many times the congregation chimed in to finish each saying or poem. For a funeral, there was as much laughter as there were tears.

His funeral (NOT a Catholic mass, which can go on forever) lasted more than 2 hours.
After the eulogy, the officiant made the mistake of asking if anyone had any memories of my dad they wished to share. More than a dozen people spoke at length of how my parents changed their lives. Finally, Father Frank had to cut it off.

I know I go on and on about my dad, but he really was an exceptional person.
(My mom too, of course, but somehow she's not really dead to me. Hard to explain.)

Anyways, now I'm all teary eyed. Christmas and my dad do that to me.

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
So staffing company calls me from NYC, I looked it up. Anyway, I applied for a job a couple weeks ago. They call me today saying that the company wants to hire someone right away, no interview and to fill out paperwork and send it online. Copy of ID and everything. Problem is, I'm afraid it's a scam (my dad was a cop). The website says they have been in business since 2003.

I tried calling the company they're hiring for. It's impossible to call them unless you want to track packages. Seems legit though. Oy Vey
Tough call - seems kinda funny with no interview, but stranger things have happened....

Cesar R M

if that happens, its usually because they need someone urgently. Probably someone got fired or left unexpectedly.
You can always check out and if you dont like.. just give them the finger ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom