The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

seahawk7

B2yLzZYIQAA02PX.jpg:large
That is just beautiful. He looks so peaceful. That, to me, is the pic of the day. Where is that by the way?

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
So staffing company calls me from NYC, I looked it up. Anyway, I applied for a job a couple weeks ago. They call me today saying that the company wants to hire someone right away, no interview and to fill out paperwork and send it online. Copy of ID and everything. Problem is, I'm afraid it's a scam (my dad was a cop). The website says they have been in business since 2003.

I tried calling the company they're hiring for. It's impossible to call them unless you want to track packages. Seems legit though. Oy Vey

Oy. I'd be nervous giving up that info sight unseen. What firm that is established hires that way?

seahawk7

So staffing company calls me from NYC, I looked it up. Anyway, I applied for a job a couple weeks ago. They call me today saying that the company wants to hire someone right away, no interview and to fill out paperwork and send it online. Copy of ID and everything. Problem is, I'm afraid it's a scam (my dad was a cop). The website says they have been in business since 2003.

I tried calling the company they're hiring for. It's impossible to call them unless you want to track packages. Seems legit though. Oy Vey
Proceed with caution.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
I am so going to H-E- double hockey sticks - Part I:

It was finally a dry day. No snow, no rain, no wind. And I got stuck helping Hubby do some outside work that Son #2 was "too tired" to do.

We spent two hours reassembling the shed that was completely demolished in last week's wicked wind storm.
After my help was no longer required, Hubby spent another two hours out there by himself.

When he finally came in, he asked me if we had any Bactine or Polysporin, and showed me where he had scraped all the skin off his wrist.

I gladly sprayed it with Bactine (2.5% lidocaine, I'll have you know).

Who says white men can't jump?

I laughed and laughed.
And then maybe, after he called me a not-nice name, I laughed even more.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
I have decided not to share "I am so going to H-E-double hockey sticks - Part II", after all ... because I actually look really bad in that story.

It might, however, have something to do with Mr. And Mrs. Squirrel in my front yard tree now being homeless.
Unless of course, that was just too mean, in which case ... what squirrels? What nest? What tree?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Coke Cola is branding their own milk that they claim will be better for you and ultra filtered. Fair Life will cost you twice what regular milk does.

images

Pass. I've drank milk all my life and never saw the need to add an additional 50% more protein or calcium to it.

I'll bet all the cows across the country have already heard about this nonsense via the National Cow Hotline (you need to be fluent in "cow" to catch their updates), and are laughing about these "enhancements" to their already perfect milk!!) :p :D

MinnieM123

Premium Member
From UrbanOrgins

"The origin of the expression go pound sand is from a longer expression, not to know (have enough sense to) pound sand down a rathole. Filling rat holes with sand is menial work, and telling someone to pound sand down a hole is like telling them to go fly a kite. The expression dates to at least 1912 and is common in the midwestern United States."

Pretty fitting for this particular SIL.

Ha! That's great! And now I know the meaning of that expression after all these years. (And I can think of additional people that I'd like to say that to, as well!) :jawdrop: :joyfull:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Love your tribute, and the ride! :)
It always makes me feel like I'm living a small part of Walt's dream of the future.
His original vision for Epcot was to have, essentially, a layered transportation system. Basically, commercial freight and delivery on the lowest level, automobile traffic on the next level up. Then, pedestrians at street level, People Movers just above that, and then the monorails on the highest level.
Cool stuff! :)

That is fascinating; I never heard that before. What a neat layered transportation concept he had. The man was a creative genius.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom