The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

A few pictures, I promised on our cruise.

Breakfast server.

View attachment 113720

Belly Flop Contest.

View attachment 113721
Promenade Party

View attachment 113722

Zip Line
View attachment 113723

Our Cabin, That's all for tonight.
View attachment 113724
very nice!! thank you for sharing!

interesting the shape of the cabins in Royal, always have the bed AFTER the "mini" livingroom.

speaking of royal caribbean...

one of our conglomerators were giving insanely cheap prices..
9 nights in the caribbean (including St. Thomas), boardwalk varandah cabin.. for just 1800CADs.

Cesar R M

and in the good side..

just did 2 dinner reservations.. gonna have to try the California Grill.

there were only spots at 9:40.
Any tips? will there be a problem to see the fireworks?

in something completely different..
had another super weird dream.

That I was visiting around an Alaska town..
I had a small boat in what seems to be a very big lake. Out of nowhere there were 3 men chasing a Bear. They invited me onto their boat.. and I accepted.. they claimed to be trying to get the Bear his required injection(????) And they were making chase.. (the water in the area we were, was shallow, how the boat moved? no idea). They asked me to change my jacket because it "attracted" the bear because of its color and shape. I did.. we rejoined the chase on foot with tall boots in water.
After a lot of near misses, the bear decides to chase me..and I ran and ran until I found a storage center for boats... Then the bear was so close to me and started sniffing me. so I just did the "Im a tree" thing closing my eyes and protecting my head. (the jacket they gave me was very very fluffy). Out of nowhere, the bear runs away and there was this native old man.. scared the bear away.. and tells me why the hell I have his old bait jacket. I told him one native (that looked like him, but way younger) gave it to me. And that the 4 were chasing a Bear.
Then the native guy asks me if I can see them. I said yes..and they were floating again in their boat in the water.
He then tells me that I must be a powerful "spirit walker" to be able to stand where I was and be able to "board" the boat (the storage center started to vanish into a myst).. because 2 of the boat crew were his friends and the other his twin brother.. all died drowning giving chase to a bear.
and I wake up all WHAT THE HELL....

Last edited:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
In cases like this, yes. They drive me crazy, and my dad and I can argue, and argue, and argue, and argue, but they're right there when I need them. I'm sure, though, when I eventually move out of state (since I have no intention of living in Maryland for the rest of my life, or north of about SC for that matter), whenever something happens, I'm going to call my mom and be like, "Mommy, what do I do? I can't adult!":hilarious:

You're at an awkward age as an adult, I remember it well. I was 23 when I moved out and got a condo. My folks, more my Dad still wanted to rule a roost that didn't need to be sat on anymore. My Mom pins more of it on my Dad but she equally had some 'control' issues with her DDs. When my Sis was in LawSchool in Illinois she ultimately came to live with me after a major 'you can't do that' with my Mom. Way to old for if you live in my house.....She ultimately returned back to Ohio to finish law school and never looked back. They are all there for me but some parents let go and ease the reins more than others.

I kept my youth in mind while raising my kids especially with my DS. We have a wonderful rapport likely because of it. I genuinely picked my battles over time and he turned out just fine. My DD she was born a responsible adult. Like I have said before she has a very high IQ and is likely the most poised and calculated thinker I know. She like me side steps battles vs picks them. She like me can hold her own but it is a rare for her to start something, but if warranted, we'll finish it off.

donaldtoo

in other news.. arggh, talk about bunch of bad things going together at same time.

Car failing again.. same check engine issue.
My ceiling fan somehow blew.. threw sparks and the lights went off. I tought it was just the lights.. but nope, the entire light fixture is dead.. the fan still works.. bleh.
And out of nowhere.. my left buttcheek hurts bad.. no idea why o_o

and after all I have been these months.. I hope I win the lottery someday lol..

also, obligatory aliens..
View attachment 113688

Wow!
Sympathy like...

Gabe1

and in the good side..

just did 2 dinner reservations.. gonna have to try the California Grill.

there were only spots at 9:40.
Any tips? will there be a problem to see the fireworks?

in something completely different..
had another super weird dream.

That I was visiting around an Alaska town..
I had a small boat in what seems to be a very big lake. Out of nowhere there were 3 men chasing a Bear. They invited me onto their boat.. and I accepted.. they claimed to be trying to get the Bear his required injection(????) And they were making chase.. (the water in the area we were, was shallow, how the boat moved? no idea). They asked me to change my jacket because it "attracted" the bear because of its color and shape. I did.. we rejoined the chase on foot with tall boots in water.
After a lot of near misses, the bear decides to chase me..and I ran and ran until I found a storage center for boats... Then the bear was so close to me and started sniffing me. so I just did the "Im a tree" thing closing my eyes and protecting my head. (the jacket they gave me was very very fluffy). Out of nowhere, the bear runs away and there was this native old man.. scared the bear away.. and tells me why the hell I have his old bait jacket. I told him one native (that looked like him, but way younger) gave it to me. And that the 4 were chasing a Bear.
Then the native guy asks me if I can see them. I said yes..and they were floating again in their boat in the water.
He then tells me that I must be a powerful "spirit walker" to be able to stand where I was and be able to "board" the boat (the storage center started to vanish into a myst).. because 2 of the boat crew were his friends and the other his twin brother.. all died drowning giving chase to a bear.
and I wake up all WHAT THE HELL....

That is retold like the basis for a novel...

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
You're at an awkward age as an adult, I remember it well. I was 23 when I moved out and got a condo. My folks, more my Dad still wanted to rule a roost that didn't need to be sat on anymore. My Mom pins more of it on my Dad but she equally had some 'control' issues with her DDs. When my Sis was in LawSchool in Illinois she ultimately came to live with me after a major 'you can't do that' with my Mom. Way to old for if you live in my house.....She ultimately returned back to Ohio to finish law school and never looked back. They are all there for me but some parents let go and ease the reins more than others.

I kept my youth in mind while raising my kids especially with my DS. We have a wonderful rapport likely because of it. I genuinely picked my battles over time and he turned out just fine. My DD she was born a responsible adult. Like I have said before she has a very high IQ and is likely the most poised and calculated thinker I know. She like me side steps battles vs picks them. She like me can hold her own but it is a rare for her to start something, but if warranted, we'll finish it off.
It is an awkward age. I'm responsible for myself more, but still depend on my parents, especially financially. But there are some times I've had to battle, especially with my dad. Like I said, the lawyer and the lawyer's daughter. We both get in argumentative moods, and my mother gets tired of both of us.

My mom's and my arguments are usually about my room, which is not neat. And the bathroom, which is neater, but gets messy. Since my hand surgery, my bathroom has stayed neat, and my room is still a mess, but my mom has left me alone about it.

Since my hand surgery, I've really needed my mom. I wouldn't let my mom leave the house for a few days after my surgery, and my dad wanted to know why. I told my dad that I don't care how old I get; when I don't feel well, I want my mommy!:hilarious:

Gabe1

Yeah, I pretty much avoid any movies about the Holocaust. And wars. I think the worst one for me was Saving Private Ryan. Haven't seen any of the Vietnam ones, except for Born on the Fourth of July, which I didn't think was very good.

I avoid the same. I know the history of all the horribles. I gain nothing by watching movies or more books about the same. I wrestle with the profiteering if the movie or novel is done well or not. Even more so when 'based on a true story' and fictions is intermixed. I'm more of the personality of always remember-don't forget but to live life as happily as I can in the present time. I don't cope well with getting depressed repeatedly by history that I cannot change. I guess my biggest pet-peeve is how much of this is hoisted on very young children that really are not wired completely to process what is assigned to them at that age. Text books are usually pretty age appropriate however some field trips and additional readings, not so much.

Gabe1

It is an awkward age. I'm responsible for myself more, but still depend on my parents, especially financially. But there are some times I've had to battle, especially with my dad. Like I said, the lawyer and the lawyer's daughter. We both get in argumentative moods, and my mother gets tired of both of us.

My mom's and my arguments are usually about my room, which is not neat. And the bathroom, which is neater, but gets messy. Since my hand surgery, my bathroom has stayed neat, and my room is still a mess, but my mom has left me alone about it.

Since my hand surgery, I've really needed my mom. I wouldn't let my mom leave the house for a few days after my surgery, and my dad wanted to know why. I told my dad that I don't care how old I get; when I don't feel well, I want my mommy!:hilarious:

Ha! When my kids were really small and if I was really too ill to care for them I called my Mom. I knew she would take very good care of them and I could rest. I quickly gave up on my DS and his room. Seriously as long as there wasn't rotting food in there I learned not to care and it was horrible. He'd know well in advance to clean it if we were having any function here. I closed the door other wise. When he was preparing to go away to college I told him I was going to deep clean the room. I told him to remove anything that was in his room that he would not want me to discover. I'm a realist but not snoopy.

brb1006

CQiAwj3UwAAY8dt.jpg
Come on and fell the money!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom