The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Glad the polyp wasn't cancerous, hope wifey's. MRI goes well. You have had quite the medical week.

I just got back from the doctor myself. My A1cs (blood sugar levels basically) are up and doc and I aren't happy with me. I was not eating well or exercising enough. I am going to do better. I will schedule a relapse for wdw and food and wine festival, but I will behave.

Thanks! :)
Yes, it's been quite the week.

And, yes. Diets are already being modified around here.
I had a Mediterranean tuna pita sandwich and some chunky potato salad (not the mustard or mayo kind) for lunch.
It was no rack of pork ribs, but, it was plenty good. :hungry:

Good luck with getting those numbers under control.
It's not as fun sometimes, but, as we all know, future Disney trips, in good health, for many years to come is VERY important. ;) :)

French Quarter

we definitively need kittens! D:

aristocats-01.jpg

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Thanks! :)
Yes, it's been quite the week.

And, yes. Diets are already being modified around here.
I had a Mediterranean tuna pita sandwich and some chunky potato salad (not the mustard or mayo kind) for lunch.
It was no rack of pork ribs, but, it was plenty good. :hungry:

Good luck with getting those numbers under control.
It's not as fun sometimes, but, as we all know, future Disney trips, in good health, for many years to come is VERY important. ;) :)

Thanks, I think when I go grocery shopping this week I will be spending a little more time and money in the produce section and less time in the chip aisle.

betty rose

The book of Boy in the Striped Pajamas is even harder to get through. I think because books go so much more in depth than movies and it takes more than a couple of hours, you really live in that space while you're reading it. I also read Forgotten Voices of the Holocaust, which was devastating.
I couldn't stand the Diary of Anne Frank, then I read Rise and Fall of the Third Reich, it was the most horrible book, I have ever read... I don't know how people can be so evil.

donaldtoo

Yeah, I pretty much avoid any movies about the Holocaust. And wars. I think the worst one for me was Saving Private Ryan. Haven't seen any of the Vietnam ones, except for Born on the Fourth of July, which I didn't think was very good.

As you probably already know, I'm a WWII history buff. And I've posted this here before, but, I can't remember if you we're here then...

Anyway, almost all of Saving Private Ryan was pretty intense, but that first half hour or so of the landing scene was on a whole other excruciating level.
Before the movie started, we had struck up a short conversation with 3 elderly couples in front of us. 5 were WWII veterans. One of the gentleman was stationed in the Pacific Theater and the 2 others were in the European Theater. One of the ladies was an Army Nurse and the other was with the Navy WAVES.
The 2 gentleman that were in Europe participated in the initial landings.
After the movie. I asked them what they thought. They said it was by far and away the closest thing they had ever seen on film to the real thing. They were a bit emotional.
We were too, and we also thanked them very much for their sacrifice and service.

Last edited:

betty rose

As you probably already know, I'm a WWII history buff. And I've posted this here before, but, I can't remember if you we're here then...

Anyway, almost all of Saving Private Ryan was pretty intense, but that first half hour or so of the landing scene was on a whole other excruciating level.
Before the movie started, we had struck up a short conversation with 3 elderly couples in front of us. 5 were WWII veterans. One of the gentleman was stationed in the Pacific Theater and the 2 others were in the European Theater. One of the ladies was an Army Nurse and the other was with the Navy WAVES.
After the movie. I asked them what they thought. They said it was by far and away the closest thing they had ever seen on film to the real thing. They were a bit emotional.
We were a too, and we also thanked them very much for their sacrifice and service.
You did very good @ donaldtoo. I find that period in history the most difficult to understand. We are a very curious species. I still don't understand how people can be so unfeeling to one another.

betty rose

Had an "old man" ;) procedure done late this morning that was actually scheduled for last Tuesday morning, but, I cancelled it 'cause that's the day pop (BTW, he's doin' great :happy:) had his emergency surgery.
Anyway, all they found was one small polyp that is 100% non-cancerous. But, once they biopsy it, they'll be able to tell me if they want to see me again in 5 years or 10.
Also, DWifey, is having an MRI on her left knee in a few minutes, 'cause they think she may have tore something, although none of us have any clue where or how... :cyclops:
Woof. What a week we've had...! :confused: :facepalm: ;)
Your family will be in my thoughts, I hope DWifey is doing well. Tell pop I'm glad he is one tough cookie! :joyfull::inlove:

betty rose

My schedule tomorrow:

9:25: Arrive at school, take test during first class.
10:40: Take shuttle to other campus, study
12:15: Go to second class. Eat lunch during class.
1:30: Leave school w/ Mom to get car
Sometime after getting car, go to other school to make up Spanish test at 3:30
Leave right after test to go back to my school for last class at 4:30, which I will probably end up being late to (Professor is fine with this)
5:45: Go home, likely to eat dinner and sleep.

*sigh* At least this will be the end of the week.
That is one hard day, I will be thinking of you tomorrow. I hope all goes well for you. Glad Mom is with you to get your car! Take care.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I just got call from the middle school nurse. That's never good! it seems some genius was snapping a towel in gym and got my ds in the eye area, she say it looks ok and my ds wants to go back to class. Middle school boys:rolleyes::banghead: The Beverly Goldberg in me wants to go and give my baby a hug and take him home. I'm going to worry until he gets home! He said he wants to stay and ride the bus home.

Hope your son's eye is o.k. You did the right thing by letting him decide if he wanted to stay there or come home. (Guys have their pride, and probably don't want their mother to come and pick them up in front of their pals.) I remember back when I was a kid, and my two brothers would have reacted exactly the same as your son did. Boys just like to rough-house with one another; it means nothing to them.

Unrelated to the above, but in another post you mentioned a Ganachery; I don't know what that is.

betty rose

Glad the polyp wasn't cancerous, hope wifey's. MRI goes well. You have had quite the medical week.

I just got back from the doctor myself. My A1cs (blood sugar levels basically) are up and doc and I aren't happy with me. I was not eating well or exercising enough. I am going to do better. I will schedule a relapse for wdw and food and wine festival, but I will behave.
I understand you problem. Doctor gave me an increase in my thyroid meds, and I'm talking to him tomorrow before I go to Disney, maybe Food and Wine won't be in my future. I'll still enjoy being in the World.

betty rose

Yep, even small deer can do some serious damage at highway speeds.
Several years ago, a good friend of my younger brother hit a good sized buck on the way to work one morning (it was still dark)...he was OK (the deer, not so much), but, there was so much damage, the insurance company totaled out the car.
We have had many people killed out here when a deer or buck has jumped out suddenly. I don't like to go out at dusk as most animals are on the move at that time out here.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

We were a too, and we also thanked them very much for their sacrifice and service.

Wow neat story, I'm sure those people had a lot to share. I like hearing about the human experience of WWII as well, I could care less about military strategy though. Now that I have been to Normandy and stood on two of those beaches, it means a lot more to me.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Hope your son's eye is o.k. You did the right thing by letting him decide if he wanted to stay there or come home. (Guys have their pride, and probably don't want their mother to come and pick them up in front of their pals.) I remember back when I was a kid, and my two brothers would have reacted exactly the same as your son did. Boys just like to rough-house with one another; it means nothing to them.

Unrelated to the above, but in another post you mentioned a Ganachery; I don't know what that is.

The Ganachery is a new specialty chocolate shop that is going into Disney Springs. It sounds delish, and I bet will smell good too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom