The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I had a very peaceful Thanksgiving, thank you. I enjoyed all the fixins minus the turkey. In place of it I had a broccoli and spinach souffle. It was yummy, but the best dish served was my Seahawks winning that night!

Glad to hear you had a delicious feast, minus the beast (or bird, I guess I should say)! ;) I think I might like a broccoli and spinach souffle, but perhaps more as a side. I assume you had some cheese in that recipe? (I think everything tastes better with cheese! :hungry: ) Happy to know that your team won for you as well, and that you had a very enjoyable holiday. :)

seahawk7

Glad to hear you had a delicious feast, minus the beast (or bird, I guess I should say)! ;) I think I might like a broccoli and spinach souffle, but perhaps more as a side. I assume you had some cheese in that recipe? (I think everything tastes better with cheese! :hungry: ) Happy to know that your team won for you as well, and that you had a very enjoyable holiday. :)
The souffle was from Whole Foods. I don't feel brave enough to attempt a souffle. But yes it probably was more of a side. I was hoping to find fake meat because I was wanting that Thanksgiving feel. Oh well, pie was served and all was forgotten.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
The souffle was from Whole Foods. I don't feel brave enough to attempt a souffle. But yes it probably was more of a side. I was hoping to find fake meat because I was wanting that Thanksgiving feel. Oh well, pie was served and all was forgotten.

Pie has miraculous healing powers, and is a cure-all for all emotional and physical maladies . . . If only doctors began prescribing pie to their patients, instead of toxic chemicals, we'd be a far happier and healthier country! :p

FutureCEO

Finally, we found something you like! ;)

I'm a very picky person. It all depends what I like (as with everyone else).

For example, Eclairs: didn't like the chocolate covered one at the French bakery in Epcot but at bakery near my house, I can eat the whole store.

I do like American things too. Along with mostly Brit things.

Usually I buy or pick out my own presents

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

@Goofyernmost , I hope you also had a nice Thanksgiving. Somehow, I just had this vision of you gnawing (cave man style) on a big ol' turkey leg at your Thanksgiving table! :D
Please, I'm more cultured then that! I do not gnaw! I held it daintily in my hand and took small bites being sure that my pinky finger was properly extended as a sign of class and good upbringing. I even used a napkin to whip the grease from my chin. Don't tell me I ain't got no dignity.:)

seahawk7

For example, Eclairs: didn't like the chocolate covered one at the French bakery in Epcot but at bakery near my house, I can eat the whole store.

I think you are pretty neat. You definitely have your own point of view and I just like to poke you a bit. It's all in good fun, and never meant to be mean. I'm sure, with you liking all things British, you can appreciate dry humor and tongue in cheek. I try to be successful in the former.

seahawk7

Please, I'm more cultured then that! I do not gnaw! I held it daintily in my hand and took small bites being sure that my pinky finger was properly extended as a sign of class and good upbringing. I even used a napkin to whip the grease from my chin. Don't tell me I ain't got no dignity.:)
bob-fancy-pinky-sponge-spongebob-spongebob-squarepants-Favim.com-84763.jpg

Cesar R M

Sometimes deals are good; sometimes they aren't.

Last year I got my iPod touch on Black Friday because the price was $250 instead of $300. I had been watching the prices and knew that a better price would not happen. But that was the only thing I got on Black Friday last year.

This year, I just waited until Black Friday to buy everything that I was like, "I want this, but don't feel like paying for it right now."

And I bought more than I intended just because I saw cool stuff on sale.
sometimes the best deals are on "cybermonday". aka stuff that never sold on black friday is offered on an additional discount.

Cesar R M

First question - 'cause I'm like that.
Second question - no

Rhino tusks you say? You men are all cray-cray. ;) (Hey look, I remembered to add a smilie!)
You seldom hear about women inhaling, imbibing or injecting strange substances just to "get some". :rolleyes:
I still cringe at the thinking of some cultures that eating the testes.. dried or au naturale... of some predators, will somehow make their noble parts bigger and better. :hilarious:

Cesar R M

Awful. Struggling here to keep my comments G-rated on this family forum. Sorry to hear that you and your lovely daughter experienced an unhappy Thanksgiving Day. You both deserve far better than that. (I have faith that Christmas will turn out much nicer for the both of you.)
I'm pretty sure you can now curse like a sailor freely. Because the anticuss censor works perfectly.
You cant even say carp!

Cesar R M

so.. people only give you money?

donaldtoo

Thanks for the tip! I know I will be getting the French onion soup, but I will let them know. We have only done lunch at BOG so any and all advice will be gladly welcomed.
Should I just try for the lunch spot? I was worried I wouldn't get the fastpass email or they would be all gone. What do you all think?

Again, everyone else enjoyed their meals, they were just not overly memorable. And also, again, it wasn't a bad time, at all. The atmosphere is great, and we had some fun with Beast, and walkin' around snappin' pics. That was just how our overall experience went and how we (mostly me ;)) felt about it.
By the time we can get back to WDW, everyone (meaning the ladies in my life ;)) will probably want to go do it again just for the experience, and we usually go with folks that have not been before, so they'll want them to experience it. And, maybe they'll have the strip steak fixed, by then. :D But, we won't lose sleep over it if we don't get an ADR. :)

Although we've not done it, I have heard consistently good things about the BOG lunch. But, I'd at least try dinner once, if y'all have not done it before. Experiences and perceptions vary. ;) :)

donaldtoo

I love hearing you talk about your wife. It sounds like you treat each other really well. It's nice to hear.

Thank you! :)
We try, but we have our moments, and it hasn't always been all wine and roses, either.
We'll be celebrating our 26th wedding anniversary this December, and she seems pretty OK bein' stuck with me for as long as God allows me to hang out on this earth. ;)
I definitely don't mind bein' "stuck" with her. I'm one a' those very fortunate men (which is, pretty much, ALL of us ;)) that was lucky enough to WAYYYYYYYY over-marry...!!! :D ;) :happy:

donaldtoo

I will second that. They have one of my favorite salads on property. Cute story or at least it might be: we went to the gift shop there and we started to do a version of build a bear that is with a dinosaur. But by the time we had built it and were filling out the birth certificate, I had grown attached! So my great niece never received it because I kept it for myself. :happy:

Hahaaa...!
Yea, those dinos looked like fun!
I'd a kept it, too...! ;) :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom