The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Oops. I tried to reply in the message above, but somehow messed up. :oops: :rolleyes: Let's try this again, shall we?

O.k. So, not being the brightest bulb on the tree, I have to ask, what is this? I feel goofy for being the only one here who doesn't know what you bought. :( It looks a little like my digital alarm clock, but I'm sure that's not what you bought!

Silly girl...!!! :joyfull: ;)
It's just an internet image of a zero to indicate that we bought absolutely nothing, yesterday...! :D :)

FutureCEO

I think you are pretty neat. You definitely have your own point of view and I just like to poke you a bit. It's all in good fun, and never meant to be mean. I'm sure, with you liking all things British, you can appreciate dry humor and tongue in cheek. I try to be successful in the former.

I understood your humor. :) I love dry humor. I thought Death at a Funeral (the original one) was so funny. Those are my kinda of comedies. Not the Police Academy and National Lampoon like my dad likes. Unfortunately, they don't seem to make a lot of those.

so.. people only give you money?

I buy the gifts for people to give me. Totally undermines the reason of gift giving but...

FutureCEO

I am getting Starz for free this weekend and so therefore watching Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug.

Much better than the first Hobbit movie. The scenes with the elves are once again the best. The series lacks what Lord of the Rings had.

FutureCEO

Christmas present anyone?

Mickey-Mouse-Popcorn-Popper-428x600.jpg

StarWarsGirl

And...I wasn't finished shopping after all. New bathing suit. I was getting concerned about mine because it's now been two summers with my old one, and when I checked the skirty bottom, it had started dry rotting since that bathing suit has gotten a lot of heavy use. So I got on Landsend.com and bought another one. It was on sale, 50% off. I can basically get on there, find the style that works for me (tankini halter top, skirty bottom), get my size, choose a pattern that I want, and I've yet to find that one I've ordered does not work. And I also bought a cover up. Because my current one is black, and my new bathing suit is brown and blue, so I got a bright blue cover up. And then I got 30% off the entire order. The additional 30% basically covered the cost of the coverup. :happy:

My mom also ordered new bathing suits...three of them to be exact. She was only going to order two, but I told her she could spend the additional $25 on a new bathing suit and not pay the $5 shipping, or she could pay $5 and get nothing. She (and my dad actually) could not argue with my logic.:joyfull::rolleyes:

Cesar R M

Thank you! :)
We try, but we have our moments, and it hasn't always been all wine and roses, either.
We'll be celebrating our 26th wedding anniversary this December, and she seems pretty OK bein' stuck with me for as long as God allows me to hang out on this earth. ;)
I definitely don't mind bein' "stuck" with her. I'm one a' those very fortunate men (which is, pretty much, ALL of us ;)) that was lucky enough to WAYYYYYYYY over-marry...!!! :D ;) :happy:
congrats on that!
hopefully you will have an awesome day!

Cesar R M

And...I wasn't finished shopping after all. New bathing suit. I was getting concerned about mine because it's now been two summers with my old one, and when I checked the skirty bottom, it had started dry rotting since that bathing suit has gotten a lot of heavy use. So I got on Landsend.com and bought another one. It was on sale, 50% off. I can basically get on there, find the style that works for me (tankini halter top, skirty bottom), get my size, choose a pattern that I want, and I've yet to find that one I've ordered does not work. And I also bought a cover up. Because my current one is black, and my new bathing suit is brown and blue, so I got a bright blue cover up. And then I got 30% off the entire order. The additional 30% basically covered the cost of the coverup. :happy:

My mom also ordered new bathing suits...three of them to be exact. She was only going to order two, but I told her she could spend the additional $25 on a new bathing suit and not pay the $5 shipping, or she could pay $5 and get nothing. She (and my dad actually) could not argue with my logic.:joyfull::rolleyes:
but that's still spending extra 20 for something she didn't fully want.

StarWarsGirl

I took this quiz online on What is Your Dream Wedding. These were my results...

What Is Your Dream Wedding?
Your dream wedding is a Star Wars Wedding.
what_is_your_dream_wedding_star_wars-400x210.jpg

You are just enough of a nerd to find romance in the idea of Princess Leia maids of honor and a Chewbacca best man. For you there is nothing more romantic than the adventures of a galaxy far, far away. May the Force be with your wedding!

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
So, I'm standing at the sink, washing the few dishes that I don't put in the dishwasher, and I realzed something:

I have NEVER, NOT ONCE used my wedding dishes. A full eight-piece setting (maybe twelve-piece, who knows), and all the completer pieces (platters, gravy boat, veggie dishes) never, ever used.

What the heck am I waiting for?

This Christmas ... for sure.

donaldtoo

I understood your humor. :) I love dry humor. I thought Death at a Funeral (the original one) was so funny. Those are my kinda of comedies. Not the Police Academy and National Lampoon like my dad likes. Unfortunately, they don't seem to make a lot of those.

I'm as big a fan of British humor as I am American.
This is one of my favorite bits from Monty Python Live at the Hollywood Bowl... :)

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...&mid=CE9434D39CC27321FAD3CE9434D39CC27321FAD3

And, a little fun for @Cesar R M... ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom