The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

What we bought today...
130_zero.jpg

Cesar R M

Now I'm done with Black Friday. What I got:
6-pack of one gallon bottles of starch for Mom ($18, she's happy and will not run out any time soon)
Wireless adapter for my laptop (2/3 original price)
New Ariel case for my iPod at 50% off. I wanted Elsa or Belle, but they only had Ariel, Cinderella, Minnie, and Mickey. I went with Ariel
Printer ink, on sale
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (free using $5 gift card)
Maleficent Blue Ray DVD combo pack (also includes digital) (free using two $5 Amazon.com gift cards, I already grabbed it for $10 on a limited sale)
2 seasons of Big Bang Theory on DVD
Star Trek: First Contact on DVD

With all of the movies and TV I bought, no way will I be bored on the way to SC in a few weeks.
Dang, I havent found anything I find interesting yet.
not many good deals on newer camera equipment, only on ancient (4+ years) stuff :(

StarWarsGirl

Dang, I havent found anything I find interesting yet.
not many good deals on newer camera equipment, only on ancient (4+ years) stuff :(
Sometimes deals are good; sometimes they aren't.

Last year I got my iPod touch on Black Friday because the price was $250 instead of $300. I had been watching the prices and knew that a better price would not happen. But that was the only thing I got on Black Friday last year.

This year, I just waited until Black Friday to buy everything that I was like, "I want this, but don't feel like paying for it right now."

And I bought more than I intended just because I saw cool stuff on sale.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I was flipping through some of the Borg models (just for fun) and I saw one that was called Borg-DS9. :banghead: Someone over at that manufacturing company watches WAY too much Star Trek (and admittedly, I watch a LOT of Star Trek)

EDIT And another one is called the Borg-709 model.

Clearly, since I get all of this, I have been watching way too much Star Trek.
I'll say.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Oh happy day.
No one works tomorrow, so I will not be getting up at 3:55 ... or 4:30, or 5:30, or 6:30.
(I'll bet they're happy too.)

After Craig is done being silly with Kat Dennings, I'm making a tea and going up to bed to read for a bit.
And then, a swig of cough syrup and I will sleep like a baby.

Have a great night everyone.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Oh happy day.
No one works tomorrow, so I will not be getting up at 3:55 ... or 4:30, or 5:30, or 6:30.
(I'll bet they're happy too.)

After Craig is done being silly with Kat Dennings, I'm making a tea and going up to bed to read for a bit.
And then, a swig of cough syrup and I will sleep like a baby.

Have a great night everyone.
Why would you, of all people, report that other will meaning thread?

Wouldn't you want men to have enhance lebido?

Though, you are right, it is a scam. The real deal, I heard, is to snort shavings from the rhino tusks from the rhinos on jungle cruise.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Why would you, of all people, report that other will meaning thread?

Wouldn't you want men to have enhance lebido?

Though, you are right, it is a scam. The real deal, I heard, is to snort shavings from the rhino tusks from the rhinos on jungle cruise.
First question - 'cause I'm like that.
Second question - no

Rhino tusks you say? You men are all cray-cray. ;) (Hey look, I remembered to add a smilie!)
You seldom hear about women inhaling, imbibing or injecting strange substances just to "get some". :rolleyes:

englanddg

One Little Spark...
First question - 'cause I'm like that.
Second question - no

Rhino tusks you say? You men are all cray-cray. ;) (Hey look, I remembered to add a smilie!)
You seldom hear about women inhaling, imbibing or injecting strange substances just to "get some". :rolleyes:
Yeah, you last statement, google "butt antifreeze woman"

seahawk7

Somehow, the parts of the parade that I did miss must have had the Rockettes performing. I've seen them every year, though. I wish I didn't miss them this time; they're excellent dancers and I always loved the costumes. (If you ever get a chance to go to N.Y., they have 2 great, seasonal, shows at Radio City Music Hall--the Easter show and the Christmas show. I've seen the Easter show.) :)
That I would love to see. Yea this year in the parade, they performed pretty early.

seahawk7

Ugh. Perhaps I'm in the minority here, but there's nothing I want that much to send me out into a mob like that. Ever since the Black Friday media hype started some years ago, I've just avoided shopping on that day. I'll go to small, local stores today or tomorrow (Small Business Saturday), but I'll definitely avoid big stores and malls like the plague today. I've also found that many good deals can be had on various days prior to Christmas, if you watch the online ads closely. That helps to save my sanity each year.
Yeah I agree with you. I steer clear of the stores kinda out of protest for having the employees work instead of being with their families. I also can't stand the craziness of the crowds.

seahawk7

I've posted this before (and, I'm not the only one), but, non-vegetarians/vegans, beware the strip steak. Unless things have changed, I've had better $10 steaks at our local Applebee's. DS and myself had it, and it was the same for both of us.
However, those who had the ratatouille, salmon, and shrimp & scallops really enjoyed their dishes. :)
Thanks for the tip! I know I will be getting the French onion soup, but I will let them know. We have only done lunch at BOG so any and all advice will be gladly welcomed.

seahawk7

The day was horrible. The ex showed up extremely late (and had already drank half a bottle of Crown Royal) then decided he was grilling the 16 lb turkey. He forgot to tell me to start making the other fixins before the turkey was done (because he finished the bottle of CR) so at 9 pm we had the turkey, a can of green beans and microwaved potatoes. Never again.
I'm sorry, I wish that you had a better day. I have been there sister and I am sorry that he ruined or semi ruined your holiday.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom