The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

seahawk7

And, we never ended up doin' any shoppin', today. Maybe tomorrow, or Sunday. Who knows. We're just enjoyin' the chill time. :)
DWifey is sleeping so much better, and so much less stressed, since she told them to take their job and shove it. So very happy I could help with that. :happy:
I love hearing you talk about your wife. It sounds like you treat each other really well. It's nice to hear.

seahawk7

We go back every trip. Next trip, we will be going back twice. There just are not that many decent options within MK, and especially in winter when there are limited hours, we don't want to leave to go to the resorts. They revamp the menu periodically, so I believe they'll continue improving it.

As far as the desserts go, that really doesn't bother us. Half the time, no one gets dessert. We prefer fabulous appetizers, which is what BOG has. Usually we get dessert later. And usually dessert is a pastry. Or key lime pie from Beach Club Marketplace for me.
Will you make sure to post the new, if any, policies they have for the lunchtime? I know it might change by May but it would be nice to see if the are not allowing people to stand in line.

seahawk7

Yep, different strokes for different folks. We were just not impressed.
On the other hand, T-Rex gets panned all the time, and they still have one of my all-time favorite meals on WDW property. The Triassic Trio.
Bay scallops in a cheesy sauce, grilled shrimp skewers, and steak...

View attachment 75299
I will second that. They have one of my favorite salads on property. Cute story or at least it might be: we went to the gift shop there and we started to do a version of build a bear that is with a dinosaur. But by the time we had built it and were filling out the birth certificate, I had grown attached! So my great niece never received it because I kept it for myself. :happy:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Will you make sure to post the new, if any, policies they have for the lunchtime? I know it might change by May but it would be nice to see if the are not allowing people to stand in line.
We got in on stand-by two weeks ago.
Showed up around 2:00, waited less than 5 mins.
By the time we were done eating, the place was almost empty, and I felt very comfortable walking around taking pics without bothering anyone.
Pretty sure I mentioned it at the time, but Hubby made me take photos of the "carpet on the wall". :hilarious:

And darn it all, I missed my chance at an early night.

seahawk7

I wanted to go. I'm alright going back or not!

I think they've changed up the menu multiple times already and replaced some items that they were having problems getting right, I believe the steak sandwich was one of them. Can't wait to see what they do for breakfast come March.
What?! They serve breakfast?

seahawk7

We got in on stand-by two weeks ago.
Showed up around 2:00, waited less than 5 mins.
By the time we were done eating, the place was almost empty, and I felt very comfortable walking around taking pics without bothering anyone.
Pretty sure I mentioned it at the time, but Hubby made me take photos of the "carpet on the wall". :hilarious:

And darn it all, I missed my chance at an early night.
I just saw your post of taking cough syrup and I felt bad that you haven't able to sleep yet. I know how that is I too have a hard time sleeping.
Thank you for the info about getting in stand-by. I do remember your posts about getting in now that you mention it. I wonder what it will be like in May?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
The day was horrible. The ex showed up extremely late (and had already drank half a bottle of Crown Royal) then decided he was grilling the 16 lb turkey. He forgot to tell me to start making the other fixins before the turkey was done (because he finished the bottle of CR) so at 9 pm we had the turkey, a can of green beans and microwaved potatoes. Never again.

Awful. Struggling here to keep my comments G-rated on this family forum. Sorry to hear that you and your lovely daughter experienced an unhappy Thanksgiving Day. You both deserve far better than that. (I have faith that Christmas will turn out much nicer for the both of you.)

MinnieM123

Premium Member

Ha! I was just thinking about how many times that scene repeated itself, in thousands of households, all over the country! :joyfull:

Reminds me a little of when I was a kid at home. After the big meal, it was my tradition to just crash on the dining room rug, unable to move with all that food inside of me! I hung out there for an hour or so, until my mother announced that the pies were ready to be served. That would snap me out of my floor stupor, and I'd pony up to the table for round 2. :hungry:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
What we bought today...
130_zero.jpg

Oops. I tried to reply in the message above, but somehow messed up. :oops: :rolleyes: Let's try this again, shall we?

O.k. So, not being the brightest bulb on the tree, I have to ask, what is this? I feel goofy for being the only one here who doesn't know what you bought. :( It looks a little like my digital alarm clock, but I'm sure that's not what you bought!

seahawk7

@seahawk7 , how was your Thanksgiving? Did you enjoy any special vegetarian casseroles, etc.? I love hearing about food--all kinds of food!! Hope you and your child had a great day.
I had a very peaceful Thanksgiving, thank you. I enjoyed all the fixins minus the turkey. In place of it I had a broccoli and spinach souffle. It was yummy, but the best dish served was my Seahawks winning that night!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom