The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

FutureCEO

Not to pry, but, how and why in heck did you break your (same) wrist THREE times??!! :eek: (This one I gotta hear!)

1) elementary school playing wall ball

2) high school playing two hand touch football American style

3) Right after college doing something that shall be not said though it might be on the thread way back. This time I broke it so good I need surgery. The doctor tried to snap it back into place but my wrist didn't stay. I received a shot before he did that thank god.

To be honest, I was more afraid of the shot.

betty rose

They are funny around here. Having spent most of my life in New England, all we can do is shake our heads in wonderment about what they are thinking. Not just the drivers but the highway departments as well. They do not have a clue. The philosophy is to do nothing until the storm has left the area. There are so many minor things that they could do to prevent hundreds of accidents if they just got out there and spread even a little bit of salt/sand, but, they don't. Instead they close the high speed highways and force everyone to the secondary roads that are in worse shape then the big highways.

Of course, anything beyond a quarter inch of snow means that everything closes down. It is ridiculous. Auto Body shops do a wonderful business though.
Is your auto insurance high? I would think with the number of winter accident's it might be. Or ,do you only a one or two snows a season?

betty rose

Exactly...everything shuts down as soon as a couple of flakes fall and then people freak out. My in-laws...the first time it snowed after I moved over here, we got something like 3/4 inch, which to them was A LOT of snow. I wanted to go out and we were going to walk to the bus stop and my in-laws were like "You can't go out in this!! You could fall! It's terrible out there!" I just said "Look, if I stayed home every time it was like this back home, I'd be stuck in my house 9 months of the year!"
Us too. Although we don't go out in the snow, because for the most part we don't have too.

betty rose

Hey @betty rose , I just noticed that you are an esteemed "Premium" member here on the Chit Chat board! :) (I assume that was to help out with all the glitches you've been having with your computer since they upgraded this site. Hope it helps for you.)
It's been like night and day. I'm having no problems at all, without the ads. Something about those ads were messing me up. I'm so glad I've paid to play.:D;)

betty rose

I'm gonna continue to hang out upstairs here at the computer desk, and avoid the downstairs. Hubby and the dog are at it again with the fly hunt. You see, we had a few days of late summer heat here, and it brought flies. Hubby absolutely hates flies. Dog love flies, as he believes that food with wings are a delicacy. :hungry:

So in the theater of war downstairs, hubby has been spraying a can of Raid like a madman, all over the downstairs--I can even smell the stench of that spray up here. Meanwhile, dog has been running around, crashing into furniture, leaping up into the air and catching the occasional fly. (More flies get away, than what he catches. :rolleyes:) Then I hear hubby yelling at the dog to spit out the flies he licked up off the floor, because those were the ones hubby had sprayed with Raid, and he told the dog he'd die of DDT poisoning! :facepalm:

This is my life . . .
My dog was afraid of flies, every time she heard one buzzing, she ran and hid under the bed.:rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom