The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

That is sweet how close you all are. I could probably do the surrogate thing with an implant and give up parental rights cause the babe would only be 'in the oven' but once the baby is bio mine boy of boy I don't think I could not be the Mom. I am amazed constantly at what lengths friends will go to be there for those they care about. Kudos to her.
I know, I'm the same. I would have a really hard time giving up rights to MY baby. It would be hard not to interfere when you brought that baby into the world and he/she is a part of you. My brother made an offhand comment once, saying it was too bad I didn't live closer because it would have been nice to know he always had a surrogate (this was LONG before my niece) and I didn't know what to say because he just assumed that I would have done that and I don't know if I could have. I am so thankful for the surrogate because I didn't have to disappoint my brother and I still get a gorgeous niece to dote on!

betty rose

I have the same problem from chemo years ago. I have found that using a small gauge butterfly needle works every time. However, I have to almost fight with the tech to get them to use one. They always say that they have been doing this for years. Yada. Yada. I used to back down, but no longer. I will leave before I will allow them to use a regular needle. My gp told me to insist. She said that the butterfly needles are more expensive so most places don't use them. I now call before my lab day to make sure they have a small gauge butterfly needle available. The last time they used a regular needle on me, it damaged my arm.
I am so thankful you posted this information. I've always wondered why they wouldn't listen to my request. I will walk out if they don't listen. I've always been so compliant due to my upbringing, in the 40's and 50's. Respect the people over you, and trust them.

betty rose

I know, I'm the same. I would have a really hard time giving up rights to MY baby. It would be hard not to interfere when you brought that baby into the world and he/she is a part of you. My brother made an offhand comment once, saying it was too bad I didn't live closer because it would have been nice to know he always had a surrogate (this was LONG before my niece) and I didn't know what to say because he just assumed that I would have done that and I don't know if I could have. I am so thankful for the surrogate because I didn't have to disappoint my brother and I still get a gorgeous niece to dote on!
I know how you feel, when my daughter was born, I planned to go back to work. I couldn't do it. She was my love and I wanted the best for her, not anyone else. I do , however understand that people have to work to eat....I'm so sorry for those people. I was just glad that we could get a lot of credit to live on and pay off later. We have often laughed that it took 20 years to finally own our daughter. My insurance didn't pay , because she was 3 days early. Life goes on. I would never regret the time I spent with my only daughter, I lost the twin.

betty rose

One more serious thought, to all who care to comment, I would love to hear your thoughts. As I have mentioned, I'm not sleeping well, common for me this time of year, but other things are going on. Sis called and they are making their final plans to our local cemetery. She thinks we should join the "family". DD doesn't like the "plan". I'm torn, DD want's to be in Colorado. She was only born in Ind. Not there long. I don't want DD to have the burden to put flowers on grave sights for holiday's. Here is our compromise we will be cremated, and have some ashes to be sent to a memory garden, with the family, and have ashes remain here. I guess this in common, as I have done a ton of research. No one has to put flowers out, and there is a chapel near by to remember. Is this the best answer? I'm too close to the situation to make an unemotional decision. I hold no one responsible for their imput. I would just like what people think, if they were in this situation. Sis doesn't approve of cremation. Thanks to all who care to respond. I'm very stressed because sis is wanting an answer.

Figgy1

I have the same problem from chemo years ago. I have found that using a small gauge butterfly needle works every time. However, I have to almost fight with the tech to get them to use one. They always say that they have been doing this for years. Yada. Yada. I used to back down, but no longer. I will leave before I will allow them to use a regular needle. My gp told me to insist. She said that the butterfly needles are more expensive so most places don't use them. I now call before my lab day to make sure they have a small gauge butterfly needle available. The last time they used a regular needle on me, it damaged my arm.
Sympathy like!

Figgy1

One more serious thought, to all who care to comment, I would love to hear your thoughts. As I have mentioned, I'm not sleeping well, common for me this time of year, but other things are going on. Sis called and they are making their final plans to our local cemetery. She thinks we should join the "family". DD doesn't like the "plan". I'm torn, DD want's to be in Colorado. She was only born in Ind. Not there long. I don't want DD to have the burden to put flowers on grave sights for holiday's. Here is our compromise we will be cremated, and have some ashes to be sent to a memory garden, with the family, and have ashes remain here. I guess this in common, as I have done a ton of research. No one has to put flowers out, and there is a chapel near by to remember. Is this the best answer? I'm too close to the situation to make an unemotional decision. I hold no one responsible for their imput. I would just like what people think, if they were in this situation. Sis doesn't approve of cremation. Thanks to all who care to respond. I'm very stressed because sis is wanting an answer.
I think your idea is beautiful, but we plan on having you around for a very long time to come. I hope you get a good night's sleep.

Cesar R M

I love Jack! Walt always knows when I am BBQ'ing. He follows it in. Off to the side of my patio I have a marble bar that is about 12' long. It is raised bar height on 2 sides. The side that faces the patio is table height and has two ledges about 3 x 3 feet also marble. In the center is a big honk'n grill. It is an inline gas grill that not only has coal but it has various ledges for wood chips for smoking or regular coal. I have solar lights around it as the patio lights are not direct enough to see the food in the dark.

I BBQ year round. It can have a foot of snow on it and I will fire her up and the snow melts off by the time I am ready to put food on. The plus is, example a meatloaf will cook in half the time it does in my over, same with baked potatoes. I can cook veggies potataoes and meat all at once and not have any clean up after dinner. It is a win win. That BBQ'er is almost 30 years old, I replace the inline one shortly after we moved here. It was over $1000 back then and the marble bar was built around it. While ridiculously expensive I've gotten my monies worth out of it. I'd recommend getting a portable little solar light next year. Most of mine, I have many of them around the property came from Target. I buy them when they clearance there summer stuff.
seems you have some serious BBQ gear there!

Figgy1

I am so thankful you posted this information. I've always wondered why they wouldn't listen to my request. I will walk out if they don't listen. I've always been so compliant due to my upbringing, in the 40's and 50's. Respect the people over you, and trust them.
You're paying the person taking blood good money to cause pain, stand up for yourself!

Songbird76

I think it should be your decision and no one should pressure you. My mother wanted to be buried with her family since she was divorced and there was only one space left in the family plot. Since I had just gotten married, she knew I'd want to be buried with my husband, so she asked to be cremated so we could go back to Illinois when it suited us to bury her without worrying about getting it done on a time limit. I have a cousin who goes and puts flowers on my mom's grave every year. Is DD married? Is she going to want to be buried next to you? And why does your sister want you to join in the "family"? Is it a financial thing for her? Don't be pushed into something that only works for someone ELSE. It should work for YOU.

donaldtoo

I am green with envy. Have a wonderful time in NOLA. If you have time walk around the park in the Garden District across from Tulane. It is beautiful and only a short trolley ride from the FQ.

Thanks, Gabe!
I'll bring that up and see if we can swing it...!

As soon as youngest DD get's back from droppin' off the pups at the kennel, were off to pick up DWifey from the office, and then we're takin' oldest DD's car from her place. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom