The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

:hungry::hungry:Absolutely. This weekend we're grilling (not the same as bbq) I'm doing the corn basted with evoo and a drop or 2 of maple syrup.:D Also going to grill some squash. mushrooms (hope I get a good deal on portabellas), dogs (regular and veggie) and potatoes (reg.& sweet)
Yum yum! I'll take your corn with the maple syrup. You are talking right up my alley!

betty rose

Sympathy like. I hope today your arm is feeling better. I hate shots, make that needles of any type. I think it's because of a bad experience I had while getting blood work done. It took the person several stabs to try and get the blood out before getting somebody else who was smart enough to get a different size needle.
I go through this just about every six month's. Some people are very skilled with drawing blood some don't have a clue. The worst was when I was stabbed 5 times, and then they took blood out of my hand. Ouch!

catmom46

My pretty new phone. :inlove:

15%2B-%2B1

ratherbeinwdw

I feel like watching either a Studio Ghibli movie or one of the four WDAS movies I haven't watched yet (3 Caballeros, Make Mine Music, Melody Time, and Dinosaur) this weekend.

Any suggestions? I've already seen Nausicäa, My Neighbor Totoro, Princess Mononoke, and Spirited Away from Ghibli.
I put off watching Kiki's Delivery Service for years, then, I finally watched it, and I love it. It's now one of my favorites. I also recommend Whisper of the Heart.

Figgy1

I go through this just about every six month's. Some people are very skilled with drawing blood some don't have a clue. The worst was when I was stabbed 5 times, and then they took blood out of my hand. Ouch!
I'm lucky once a year for me. If it was more than that a serious amount of rum would have to be taken into account at the time of the draw!:confused: OUCH!

ratherbeinwdw

Not really I have teeny tiny veins and I usually have to get get somebody from pediatrics to draw blood. I just warn them now.
I have the same problem from chemo years ago. I have found that using a small gauge butterfly needle works every time. However, I have to almost fight with the tech to get them to use one. They always say that they have been doing this for years. Yada. Yada. I used to back down, but no longer. I will leave before I will allow them to use a regular needle. My gp told me to insist. She said that the butterfly needles are more expensive so most places don't use them. I now call before my lab day to make sure they have a small gauge butterfly needle available. The last time they used a regular needle on me, it damaged my arm.

Goofyernmost

Is your auto insurance high? I would think with the number of winter accident's it might be. Or ,do you only a one or two snows a season?
Generally they are high around here, but, not because of winter storms. In the five years I have lived here we have had about 5 winter storms that I can remember.
Only two that had over 2 inches of accumulation.
Freezing rain is more likely then snow, however, there hasn't been much of that either. My rates are very low due, partially I guess, to 50 years of no accidents and no traffic violations. (some of that luck). But overall, they are pretty high in the area. There are some crazy drivers around here.

Last edited:

Songbird76

I'm gonna continue to hang out upstairs here at the computer desk, and avoid the downstairs. Hubby and the dog are at it again with the fly hunt. You see, we had a few days of late summer heat here, and it brought flies. Hubby absolutely hates flies. Dog love flies, as he believes that food with wings are a delicacy. :hungry:

So in the theater of war downstairs, hubby has been spraying a can of Raid like a madman, all over the downstairs--I can even smell the stench of that spray up here. Meanwhile, dog has been running around, crashing into furniture, leaping up into the air and catching the occasional fly. (More flies get away, than what he catches. :rolleyes:) Then I hear hubby yelling at the dog to spit out the flies he licked up off the floor, because those were the ones hubby had sprayed with Raid, and he told the dog he'd die of DDT poisoning! :facepalm:

This is my life . . .
My son is terrified of flies.

betty rose

I'm lucky once a year for me. If it was more than that a serious amount of rum would have to be taken into account at the time of the draw!:confused: OUCH!
Mine are for diabetics and high cholesterol. At my age , the Doctor thinks it's very important. When I get to 75 just no more. I'm so tired of the six vials taken every six month's. Also looking for the usual things, as the Doctor says. I've looked at the report, but much of it I don't understand.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom