The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Thanks! :)
The last time we were there was for our 2nd wedding anni. (Almost 25 years ago) when DWifey was expecting oldest DD. Even she will admit it was a great trip, although, she was having some morning sickness issues.

The last and only time I went to NOLA I was chaperoning 16 teenagers on a church trip, so it wasn't really a party for me! I would like to go back and enjoy some of the bars (in moderation of course) and enjoy some jazz.

Cesar R M

I had a couple shots (vaccines) today and my left, dominant, arm is in so much pain that it's almost impossible for me to do anything with it without wincing in pain. It's really weird since the shot hurt significantly less than the one into my right arm, and that arm feels fine!
most probably because your dominant arm as more musculature? I dunno.. could also be that the vaccine was different or they pinched near a nerve.

Cesar R M

I feel like watching either a Studio Ghibli movie or one of the four WDAS movies I haven't watched yet (3 Caballeros, Make Mine Music, Melody Time, and Dinosaur) this weekend.

Any suggestions? I've already seen Nausicäa, My Neighbor Totoro, Princess Mononoke, and Spirited Away from Ghibli.
I heard Owl's moving castle is very good.
I really loved Totoro..
Also recommend THE CAT RETURNS. but only after seeing THE WIND RISES (which is a bit slow and more dramatic than most animated movies I've seen)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
She's the bio mom as well, though she relinquished her parental rights, so my brother can adopt. She's still in their lives as a friend and "auntie", though. But I consider her a sister anyway, even though she's not technically related to me in any way by blood or marriage. She's pretty amazing. They were pretty lucky she agreed to be a surrogate for them!

That is sweet how close you all are. I could probably do the surrogate thing with an implant and give up parental rights cause the babe would only be 'in the oven' but once the baby is bio mine boy of boy I don't think I could not be the Mom. I am amazed constantly at what lengths friends will go to be there for those they care about. Kudos to her.

Gabe1

We are staying in a hotel for a weekend. That's as far as I got so far. :joyfull: We may take a ride on the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad, do the corn maze at the pumpkin patch, mini-golf, picnic on Lake Erie, the list goes on. My niece's boyfriend works at an orchard that gives tours so that's an option. My nephew is a supervisor for the Cleveland MetroParks so we may see what activities he can get us.

When I finally get every planned and we go I'll take some pics. :)

My Sis' house is across the street from a massive park. Her house was a two flat that they converted into a single home but it still has 2 porches up front. I love to sit on the swing on the upper porch and just people gaze. There was a yoga class, dog training, swimming, soccer practice, so much happening down there from the little cove I was sitting in.

Gabe1

@Gabe1 , how long after the summer do you continue to barbecue outdoors? I have enough charcoal to last through the end of this month, and that's probably it. Note: Last year I barbecued into October, but I lost daylight around 7, 7:30 p.m., and I couldn't see if the food was cooked! So I had to keep bringing it in and out of the back door to the kitchen area to check it! Ha! That convinced me it was time to put away the barbecue for the season. :p

Meanwhile, doggie Jack will be devastated once I pull the plug on outdoor barbecuing. You see, every time I open that back door (even if I'm just tossing something into the garbage can, at 5 AM) he comes bolting to the door, in anticipation of delicious barbecued food. Aside of his favorite hobby of hunting flies this summer, his other favorite hobby is scouting out what's cookin' (for him . . .) on the outdoor barbecue. (Open door, burgers, chicken or ribs come in.) He thinks it's magic. :rolleyes:

I love Jack! Walt always knows when I am BBQ'ing. He follows it in. Off to the side of my patio I have a marble bar that is about 12' long. It is raised bar height on 2 sides. The side that faces the patio is table height and has two ledges about 3 x 3 feet also marble. In the center is a big honk'n grill. It is an inline gas grill that not only has coal but it has various ledges for wood chips for smoking or regular coal. I have solar lights around it as the patio lights are not direct enough to see the food in the dark.

I BBQ year round. It can have a foot of snow on it and I will fire her up and the snow melts off by the time I am ready to put food on. The plus is, example a meatloaf will cook in half the time it does in my over, same with baked potatoes. I can cook veggies potataoes and meat all at once and not have any clean up after dinner. It is a win win. That BBQ'er is almost 30 years old, I replace the inline one shortly after we moved here. It was over $1000 back then and the marble bar was built around it. While ridiculously expensive I've gotten my monies worth out of it. I'd recommend getting a portable little solar light next year. Most of mine, I have many of them around the property came from Target. I buy them when they clearance there summer stuff.

Gabe1

Just got back from youngest DDs 21st b-day dinner. What an awesome time! :)

Her first legal drink...

View attachment 110849

And, my stuffed avacado was amazing...!!! :joyfull: :hungry:

View attachment 110854

Also, it wasn't final 'til tonight, but we're drivin' to NOLA for the weekend to celebrate some more. The birthday girl has always wanted to go there...! :)

I am green with envy. Have a wonderful time in NOLA. If you have time walk around the park in the Garden District across from Tulane. It is beautiful and only a short trolley ride from the FQ.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom