The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Do they have any good sports at the school? When I was growing up, my brothers participated in various sports leagues, but none of them were through the schools. The better sports leagues, at that time, were the town-run leagues. They had fun!

It was also different back then, in the sense that the boys didn't have fancy uniforms. For baseball, the boys would have a cap with the team's name on it, and then the team t-shirts were donated by various local businesses. So the team name (let's say, The Cubs) would be on the t-shirt, and underneath that it would say something like "Mike's Hardware Store". :hilarious: Then they'd just wear jeans and sneakers to complete the "uniform". As funny as all this sounds now, it saved the parents a ton of money. I have friends with kids in various sports now, and I'm in shock over how much they pay, just to have their kids participate. Hockey is the most expensive.
This year my older ds is signing up for bowling and my younger one is concentrating on his choral group, and science competition as they will take up quite a bit of his time. he plays basketball with his friends in my yard and rides his bike until it gets too cold. Once winter hits he does some yoga (he's a human pretzel.)

Figgy1

We are staying in a hotel for a weekend. That's as far as I got so far. :joyfull: We may take a ride on the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad, do the corn maze at the pumpkin patch, mini-golf, picnic on Lake Erie, the list goes on. My niece's boyfriend works at an orchard that gives tours so that's an option. My nephew is a supervisor for the Cleveland MetroParks so we may see what activities he can get us.

When I finally get every planned and we go I'll take some pics. :)
Sounds like fun! Enjoy!

betty rose

This year my older ds is signing up for bowling and my younger one is concentrating on his choral group, and science competition as they will take up quite a bit of his time. he plays basketball with his friends in my yard and rides his bike until it gets too cold. Once winter hits he does some yoga (he's a human pretzel.)
Your boys sound very well rounded congrats to you and hubby.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I like all Oreos except the birthday cake ones. Those were gross.

Seasonally there have been some real weird Oreo's. My favorite is Birthday Cake on a vanilla cookie, BC on the chocolate cookie-yuck! But full disclosure I am a fan of most confetti cheap desserts, cakes, cookies or ice cream.

I always buy a package of the newest flavor and there were many I found gross.

Marshmallow, candy corn, peanut butter, pumpkin, red velvet, so so gross caramel apple, cotton candy, watermelon and root beer.

I ranged from OK to yummy with the gingerbread, lime, smores, DQ Blizzard and mint.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom