The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MOXOMUMD

Cheese snobs all of you. Especially when you consider that cheese is nothing more then curdled milk. So slime is a proper description. Blue Cheese is curdled milk with a major growth of decay. And I like cheese for the most part. Not blue or stinky cheese. If I have to hold my nose to eat something, I find no reason to eat it or anything else that smells like a bathroom during a dysentery epidemic.
I'll eat your blue cheese for you.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
@FutureCEO maybe you should move to Chicago for a taste of the royal life???

Queen Elizabeth has purchased a pad in Chicago on the 26th-floor of a condominium at the upscale Buckingham Plaza. Purchase price estimated at a mere $1.6 million. Her condo will reportedly house her Canadian Consul in the upscale 2600 square foot condo in the lovely neighborhood that overlooks historic Grant Park. Wooba. The Queen picks out nice digs.

Maybe the Queen Mum will visit and take in a weekend of Lollapalooza?

donaldtoo

I really think it affected everyone in some way. No one will forget it. I'm betting it's harder for people like you who lost someone you knew. I didn't know anyone, but I still felt the effects. Our wedding...people canceled right and left because either their flights were canceled or they didn't dare travel, etc. We were left with only half our wedding party. My husband's brother was going to be his best man, but his wife (now ex) has a mental illness and stress causes her to hallucinate, etc. She couldn't stand the idea of flying, so she wouldn't come, and the thought of my BIL on a plane away from her was just as bad, so he didn't come. He called us in tears, so upset that he couldn't come, but he didn't want his gf to end up in the hospital again. So my FIL stood in as best man for him instead. My maid of honor was coming from Canada and was terrified to get on a flight, so I asked one of the other bridesmaids to take her place. Our guestbook attendant and an usher had the same issue. It just shows you how scared everyone was at the time, because under normal circumstances, no one would want to miss their brother's or best friend's wedding. Everyone was so on edge. When our wedding day finally got there a week and a half later, we were just so relieved to have a distraction from the fear, and something to enjoy and be happy about. I think everyone kind of let loose and took advantage of the opportunity to celebrate instead of being afraid. Our DJ commented about how much fun our wedding was and that he had NEVER seen a wedding in which EVERYONE got up to do the chicken dance, etc. But I think people NEEDED to be silly and ridiculous. I grew up in a small town of about 1000 people. I got married in my college town, and there happened to be another wedding in the college town on the same day for someone else from my hometown, so several of our guests were invited to both weddings. But her family was pretty wealthy and her wedding was a much fancier affair...I'm certain there was no chicken dance happening there, but in any case, several guests had left our rehearsal early to go to hers and they ended up coming back and saying they didn't even feel they could scratch their noses at her event and they came back because ours was so much more fun. People needed the fun. I'm sure her food was far superior, and her venue was probably decorated to the nines, but what people needed was fun to distract them.

Wow. So very sorry y'all had to go through all that, but, also so very glad to hear that everyone still had an awesome time! :)
Love the Chicken Dance! Did that at our reception, as well. Our wedding and reception were very laid back and unpretentious as well. Everyone enjoyed, and it was a hoot...! :)

betty rose

@FutureCEO maybe you should move to Chicago for a taste of the royal life???

Queen Elizabeth has purchased a pad in Chicago on the 26th-floor of a condominium at the upscale Buckingham Plaza. Purchase price estimated at a mere $1.6 million. Her condo will reportedly house her Canadian Consul in the upscale 2600 square foot condo in the lovely neighborhood that overlooks historic Grant Park. Wooba. The Queen picks out nice digs.

Maybe the Queen Mum will visit and take in a weekend of Lollapalooza?
I'm going to practice my curtsey, in case I'm invited over!;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom