The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
This year my older ds is signing up for bowling and my younger one is concentrating on his choral group, and science competition as they will take up quite a bit of his time. he plays basketball with his friends in my yard and rides his bike until it gets too cold. Once winter hits he does some yoga (he's a human pretzel.)

Wow! Your kids are multi-talented! I particularly like the fact that one of the kids is a human pretzel!! :cat:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
We are staying in a hotel for a weekend. That's as far as I got so far. :joyfull: We may take a ride on the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad, do the corn maze at the pumpkin patch, mini-golf, picnic on Lake Erie, the list goes on. My niece's boyfriend works at an orchard that gives tours so that's an option. My nephew is a supervisor for the Cleveland MetroParks so we may see what activities he can get us.

When I finally get every planned and we go I'll take some pics. :)

Wow, do you ever know how to throw a birthday party!! :cat: It's a whole weekend of fun away from home. When I was 10, all I got was a slice of birthday cake, ice cream, a couple of friends who'd come over, and a few presents. That was it. (I'm sure your daughter will love her birthday weekend!! :happy: )

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I've found everyone's comments interesting about the Disney documentary. Can't wait for this weekend to catch up on the parts I missed. His story, with its highs and lows, is fascinating to say the least.

I think the documentary was really well done. I really enjoyed the Disneyland part, as I have just been there recently. I think I might have to buy this when it is released on DVD. I recorded it only my DVR but that isn't a guarantee to have it forever.

MOXOMUMD

@Gabe1 , how long after the summer do you continue to barbecue outdoors? I have enough charcoal to last through the end of this month, and that's probably it. Note: Last year I barbecued into October, but I lost daylight around 7, 7:30 p.m., and I couldn't see if the food was cooked! So I had to keep bringing it in and out of the back door to the kitchen area to check it! Ha! That convinced me it was time to put away the barbecue for the season. :p

Meanwhile, doggie Jack will be devastated once I pull the plug on outdoor barbecuing. You see, every time I open that back door (even if I'm just tossing something into the garbage can, at 5 AM) he comes bolting to the door, in anticipation of delicious barbecued food. Aside of his favorite hobby of hunting flies this summer, his other favorite hobby is scouting out what's cookin' (for him . . .) on the outdoor barbecue. (Open door, burgers, chicken or ribs come in.) He thinks it's magic. :rolleyes:
I bbq year round as long there isn't a bunch of snow. I have a portable workshop light with a hook that can hang on the shed.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
I bbq year round as long there isn't a bunch of snow. I have a portable workshop light with a hook that can hang on the shed.
What's this snow stuff you are talking about.... Here in the American southwest, we Bar-B-Que year round... When it's winter and 55 or when it;s summer and 105.... In fact, I grilled up a Prime boneless rib eye tonight with sautéed mushrooms, grilled asparagus, and toasted french bread. All cooked in my outdoor kitchen on the grill.

*1023*

donaldtoo

I think the documentary was really well done. I really enjoyed the Disneyland part, as I have just been there recently. I think I might have to buy this when it is released on DVD. I recorded it only my DVR but that isn't a guarantee to have it forever.

Yep, thinkin' about buyin' it, too. Really enjoyed it.
I also have a special place in my heart for Disneyland. As I've posted many times before, we first visited in the summer of '68, only about 18 mos. after Walt had passed.

catmom46

What's this snow stuff you are talking about.... Here in the American southwest, we Bar-B-Que year round... When it's winter and 55 or when it;s summer and 105.... In fact, I grilled up a Prime boneless rib eye tonight with sautéed mushrooms, grilled asparagus, and toasted french bread. All cooked in my outdoor kitchen on the grill.

*1023*

Chit-chatters, I think we found our next place to crash for dinner! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom