The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

catmom46

Just had artificial grass installed at one of our apartment rentals the other day. Yay, no more having to worry about what to plant there!

20150915_084859.jpg

Songbird76

Such a long wait for them, I'll bet they are so joyful. Children are such a blessing.
Yes, it was kind of an odd case when she was born. The hospital had never dealt with a surrogate before, so they really had no clue what they were doing and it was touch and go for a while if my brother would even be allowed into the nursery to feed his daughter, etc. They do everything with bracelets...the bracelets are what give you access to the nursery, but each kit comes with 3 bracelets. One for the mom, one for the dad, and one for the baby. Well, the surrogate had to have one because she was still a patient...emergency c-section. And obviously the baby gets one, which only left one over, and as my brother is not the biological father, he didn't get the magic bracelet. They ended up working it all out after multiple calls to lawyers, etc, but this has been an ongoing thing since before my niece was even born, so it's nice that it's all going to be settled finally in October. He also said to stay tuned for another big announcement, so I wonder if they are thinking about having another one!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Yes, it was kind of an odd case when she was born. The hospital had never dealt with a surrogate before, so they really had no clue what they were doing and it was touch and go for a while if my brother would even be allowed into the nursery to feed his daughter, etc. They do everything with bracelets...the bracelets are what give you access to the nursery, but each kit comes with 3 bracelets. One for the mom, one for the dad, and one for the baby. Well, the surrogate had to have one because she was still a patient...emergency c-section. And obviously the baby gets one, which only left one over, and as my brother is not the biological father, he didn't get the magic bracelet. They ended up working it all out after multiple calls to lawyers, etc, but this has been an ongoing thing since before my niece was even born, so it's nice that it's all going to be settled finally in October. He also said to stay tuned for another big announcement, so I wonder if they are thinking about having another one!

I don't know the whys of surrogate but I have 3 friends that in all probability could not have children 3 for 3 they all had babies and wife being prego in less than a year, 2 of which within 2 months. All three stunned. Happy but stunned.

Songbird76

Wow. So very sorry y'all had to go through all that, but, also so very glad to hear that everyone still had an awesome time! :)
Love the Chicken Dance! Did that at our reception, as well. Our wedding and reception were very laid back and unpretentious as well. Everyone enjoyed, and it was a hoot...! :)
I think I'm actually glad we went through all of that. I mean, obviously I'm not glad about WHY, but it made us appreciate it more, if that makes sense. We also did a tradition....we're not sure if it's a Dutch tradition or just my hubby's family, but the DJ thought it was totally unique and asked if we minded him passing it on to particularly fun and unique couples who wanted something other than the traditional things like the dollar dance, etc, and the bridesmaid I bumped up to maid of honor at the last minute ended up doing it at her wedding, too. The bride and groom dance and the guests wrap them in toilet paper as they circle. It was very hot in all that toilet paper, but it was a fun tradition and everyone was just laughing so hard by the end of the song. That's the one thing EVERYONE took pictures of, too...very memorable for people.

Songbird76

I don't know the whys of surrogate but I have 3 friends that in all probability could not have children 3 for 3 they all had babies and wife being prego in less than a year, 2 of which within 2 months. All three stunned. Happy but stunned.
Oh, yeah, there's no possibility of them getting pregnant on their own. Brother's hubby is the bio father though, and their good friend was their surrogate, though she's pregnant with her own right now, so if they ARE having another one, they will either have to wait or find another surrogate. Although, the big announcement could also be a big promotion my brother is expecting at work. That would be great, too, though I really want them to make me another niecelet or nephew.

betty rose

I'm so happy it has worked out for them. My blessings to the family.

betty rose

I think I'm actually glad we went through all of that. I mean, obviously I'm not glad about WHY, but it made us appreciate it more, if that makes sense. We also did a tradition....we're not sure if it's a Dutch tradition or just my hubby's family, but the DJ thought it was totally unique and asked if we minded him passing it on to particularly fun and unique couples who wanted something other than the traditional things like the dollar dance, etc, and the bridesmaid I bumped up to maid of honor at the last minute ended up doing it at her wedding, too. The bride and groom dance and the guests wrap them in toilet paper as they circle. It was very hot in all that toilet paper, but it was a fun tradition and everyone was just laughing so hard by the end of the song. That's the one thing EVERYONE took pictures of, too...very memorable for people.
You have great traditions. :happy::joyfull:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I have a friend who works for NASA....or used to...I think he still does. I liked the Astronomy part of the class...learning about the planets and such, but the math was killer! That was only in the lab though. We had the regular class and then the lab, and the GA for the class was pretty good, but the one for the lab was horrid. But how cool would it be to learn from someone worked for NASA? I bet you learned a ton!!

It was pretty awesome. I'm kind of jealous you had a lab for the astronomy class, mine was just a lecture.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Who needs an outhouse i live near the ocean . . . Gotta feed the crabs something :jawdrop:

:eek: :eek: :eek: This requires an intervention:

(Ring, ring, ring . . . ) "Hello, have I reached headquarters for all the Great Britain Ministries? Can you please connect me to the Ministry of Lunatics right away?! "

"Ministry of Lunatics here, please state your emergency."

"Can you please send over the straight-jacket brigade to Mr. Ferret's summer house right away! He's a biohazard to crustaceans!!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom