The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I DVR'd it and watched it today. I was expecting a lot of it to be a condemnation, instead it was a more logical depiction of what a person with that kind of drive and imagination might be like personality wise. Not always pretty, but, certainly not Charles Manson type of thing. Good so far, recording the rest tonight although I may watch it as well.

I'm excited about seeing the rest of it, and I already got the schedule for this weekend for when it's showing again. (Luckily in my area, my satellite picks up two Boston PBS channels, and one PBS channel from Durham, New Hampshire--so between the 3 of them, I have a few choices as to when I can catch it all.) :)

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
The special was excellent, and I'm definitely watching part two. The idea of Walt taking all the credit while his staff gets nothing reminded me of the arguments some people use against Steve Jobs (another one of my role models). I don't think it was that bad though-- he was inspecting every little detail of every product that came from the company. I can't blame him for taking credit.

donaldtoo

Sympathy like. Even though I didn't lose anyone in those attacks, just listening to the radio on the way into work brought tears to my eyes, hearing the pain and horror in people's voices. Can't even begin to imagine how it was going through those events. :(

Thank you.
Yes, although they were just acquaintances to us, they were very good friends of my SIL, and she, understandably, took it very hard.
The whole event was just so, as it still is to a large degree today, surreal.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I've read several biographies. Neal Gabler, who wrote "Walt Disney: The Triumph of the American Imagination", which I've read, was interviewed on the show last night.
From what I've read, and understand, Flora was always a loving and nurturing mother, with a silly sense of humor, too. As best as she could be under their curcumstances, anyway. It was Elias that was quite religiously overbearing and hardened. Seems she was hardened to some degree because she needed to be, probably. But, again, from what I've read, she was also very loving and nurturing, and Walt loved her dearly.

That is what I remembered reading in that book too, it just didn't come across that way to me in the documentary last night.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I'm behind so forgive me for answering posts out of order. My baby girl turns ten on the 28th :jawdrop: and I've been planning a long weekend getaway over their very short fall break. Lots of research trying to do as much as possible for as little as possible. (Trying to save up for a cruise. :) )

Double Digits Woot!!! What kinda holiday are ya planning?

Gabe1

I hope that isn't true! If so it may change our 2017 plans. I thought they made a ton of money on those things!

Yeah somethings just are not worth the overall disruption though to the parks. Grad nights at WDW made lots of money as did Soaps weekends and they went away. Osborne lights brings in lots of visitors during slow weeks prior and between Thanksgiving and Christmas booms. Going away too. :( Then they do the opposite and do a 24 hour leap year event and within 48 hours later they were planning the next one as basically the only ones that event disrupts is the CMs. That event just churns money like the 4th of July and New Years Eve.

I've been to a couple of events that are just nuts, SWW back years ago when it was more condensed into a shorter time, never again. Epcot on NYE for the new Millenium-would do that all over again for just the thrill of it all, there was a unique energy in the park that day, stupid NYE at the MK but the fireworks made it worth it and my DD being 4 years old brought in her first NY thanks to her big brother. They tend to favor events like parties. Halloween and Christmas parties get many to purchase tickets to enter parks twice in a day. Or dessert parties where they can charge for what is normally free to help offset costs. Somethings are just brilliant marketing.

Last edited:

Gabe1

^^^ This. I'm not even sure there's food in it!:eek:

And that is why I have the butcher grind meat for me. I AM A Carnivore but that pink slime many retailers have added back into the ground meat, I don't have time for that.

It amazes me how many food products out there are not really what we think they are. Cheese/food/products are just the first chapter in a very thick book.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom