The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
nice!

Speaking of things.. sorry for not posting that much lately.
2 days ago it was the anniversary of my dad's and my grandmah's passing (yes,they died on the same day different years..almost at the same hour)

So we went to Outback.
We had the WORST service ever..
its like their system was disappearing our orders.
our drinks only were served partially, we complained.. fixed.
then our salads were not completed either.. (I was the main victim lol) so complained again, took a bit.. and we got our salads.
then my niece ordered a dish.. and until they were serving the rest of us.. they told her that they had ran out (what the hell)
then I noticed my steak was almost red.. I ordered it well done (huge difference).. complained.. got it correctly.
They gave us a free giant dessert for free.

Taste wise.. it was really good, above the normal id say.. but maaan.. awful service.

also, doesnt help that I have been extra busy, crazy at my 2 jobs.

Well that day certainly didn't turn out the way you wanted. Sorry to hear that the experience was sub-par, especially on a day that you were trying to give your respects to your deceased father and grandmother. Hugs to you.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I saw the first hour of part one of the American Experience last night, as I fell asleep at 10:00 (I'm always asleep by then--wish I could have stayed up).

Thought the first hour was excellent. I'm hoping to catch up this weekend when my local PBS stations will be repeating it. I imagine for Part 2 tonight, it will be the same; I'll catch the first hour only. I hate watching it out of sequence, but that's probably the only way I'll get to see the entire 4 hours over the course of this week.

Update: Just went to the PBS site for American Experience. Looks like they are also showing the episodes online so this might also be helpful for those of you trying to catch up as well.

Last edited:

Songbird76

That sounds boring.
It was, and we had a GA for the lab (Grad assistant) and he was one of those people who may have been really bright but was a horrible teacher, so he couldn't really explain how to do any of it and couldn't understand how anyone struggled, but he was also one of those people who couldn't admit that he made mistakes. So I remember him doing this one problem on the board, and he made a mistake and one of the guys in the class tried to point it out and he made up some lame excuse, saying it wasn't wrong, just a different way of doing it. So then he got to the end of the calculation and couldn't figure out why he got the wrong answer. We were all trying so hard not to laugh because he had made such a big deal about how we were all just lowly students and he was a GRAD assistant and he knew more than all of us and he had understood the theory of relativity at 5, so none of us were as smart as he was...and then WE all had the right answer and he made a mistake with his calculation. I LOATHED that class.

MOXOMUMD

Maybe it's just the "view" in my computer, but the picture of the minions and pops? at the bottom came out well, but there's a ton of "code" that is on your message--maybe it's supposed to be an explanation, but the text came out all odd??!! Must be some sort of computer glitch when you pasted it in?
It's not just you. That post from @Gabe1 turned my phone OFF...TWICE!

betty rose

It was, and we had a GA for the lab (Grad assistant) and he was one of those people who may have been really bright but was a horrible teacher, so he couldn't really explain how to do any of it and couldn't understand how anyone struggled, but he was also one of those people who couldn't admit that he made mistakes. So I remember him doing this one problem on the board, and he made a mistake and one of the guys in the class tried to point it out and he made up some lame excuse, saying it wasn't wrong, just a different way of doing it. So then he got to the end of the calculation and couldn't figure out why he got the wrong answer. We were all trying so hard not to laugh because he had made such a big deal about how we were all just lowly students and he was a GRAD assistant and he knew more than all of us and he had understood the theory of relativity at 5, so none of us were as smart as he was...and then WE all had the right answer and he made a mistake with his calculation. I LOATHED that class.
This sounds boring and awful!

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
Woke up with a massive headache this morning, so decided to take the day off. Happens very rarely, but, when it does, it's a doozy. No immediate crazy deadlines, so good timing, anyway.
Feeling much better now after lots of aspirin and a long nap.

And now he's going to be doing The Apprentice. Wonder if he'll be saying "you're fired"?

donaldtoo

Yah, we all have our own somber memories of that dreadful day. And, to think that I was enjoying the swimming pool at the Marriott WTC one morning; and that evening, sipping a cocktail with a friend up in Wild Blue, on the 107th floor of the North Tower . . . just about 2 weeks before that date . . .

Still so far behind here...
But, on one of our 3 trips to NYC in the late 80's to visit my buddy, he, DWifey, and I went up to the observation level of the north tower.
Glad we at least got to see it once.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom