The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Happy Sunday! And Happy Grandparent's day @betty rose and @Goofyernmost! My boys are heading off to do yard work for my MIL and I'm banished to my house as my allergies are acting up. They're not bad but sneezing around my FIL is a very bad idea with his immune system not quite back to normal. Besides I can use a few hours off LOL I might even try and get one of those nap things I keep hearing about. Last time I tried my neighbor had a bit of an emergency and I wound up at her house for the rest of that day. Today is supposed to be the last pool day here (it will be too cool to go today) but with some heat expected mid-week the life guards were asked if they'd be available later this week. I'll keep my fingers crossed for some late week swimming.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Your welcome! During one of yesterday's side trips I found another farm market to say it was off the beaten path is putting it mildly. I found some eggplant (regular one didn't have any) and some early fall peas. Yea more veggies LOL There's also a small flea market next to it. I may have time to stop at both on a semi-regular basis:joyfull:

That sounds like fun. I enjoy places off the beaten path. You never know what treasures await you there! :happy:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
No just no I'm not ready for fall!

ba62a7a4ba8f2c83e5537939e87e0901.jpg

Disagree. It's paws up for fall !!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I don't blame you for not liking the parking garage at all. Do you live in a rather urban area. BTW I don't go to Wegman's for all my food needs! Just not dairy cheese and milk as they have the best selection and prices and some of my gluten-free baking items as the sell those in much larger packages. BTW my dh loves their cheese counter but stopping their isn't on his pre-Disney diet.

I live in a very busy suburban, metropolitan area, although not in a big city. Wegmans is probably good for specific items that may not be as plentiful at the regular supermarkets; and with your specific cooking needs, I could see that Wegmans may be helpful along those lines, to customers like yourself. Maybe Wegmans pulls in a niche market, somewhat similar to more boutique markets such as Trader Joe's, but with more merchandise for sale. (We also have a Trader Joe's in my area as well; I love their candy, by the way! :hungry: )

Interesting to note (at least in my area), we used to get bombarded with Wegman's slick weekly ads (on glossy paper, large photos, almost in a magazine format) in the mail each week. (The other supermarkets around would use recycled paper and use more of a low-key, newspaper style format for their ads.) Now, only once in a great while will we see Wegmans slick ads; not sure how well their marketing ads worked . . .

MOXOMUMD

Ever since our church had a polka service I've been really craving some Biergarten food. I decided to make a German feast today. I've been marinating a roast for sauerbraten since Monday. So I roasted the sauerbraten, made bratwurst with onions, cheesy spatzel, pretzel bread, and sauerbraten gravy. I had a beer with it, hubby had a rum and coke. Oh and we listened to my sound recording of the Epcot polka band while eating. It was so good and tasted so much like the restaurant in Epcot I got tears in my eyes. In fact I was so happy about it I almost slipped and told my husband about being able to eat there in November! Here's a pic of the meal.
View attachment 110508 View attachment 110509
That looks delicious. I like Biergarten too.

donaldtoo

So, last night was the gala/banquet for the pediatric cancer non-profit that both DDs are on the BoD of.
It was a beautiful event. We didn't get home until 1:45a.
C o c ktail hour, dinner (I was so hungry, I forgot to get food pics :oops:), live auction, silent auction, 15 piece band, dancing, drinks (not an open bar) 'til midnight.
The live auction was a hoot. Some folks have a lot of $$$$$...!!!

Anyway, sunset from the terrace of the venue overlooking Lake Travis...

image.jpg
image.jpg

Both DDs are in the middle of the banquet table and they both spoke. Again, so proud of them... :happy:

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

And, the band was great...! :)

image.jpg

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
The headache is gone, but my body has been hurting really badly. Earlier today, I had to take three ibuprofen and lay on my bed on my side without moving. Eventually I could move again. Now I'm sore, so I'm laying on my side typing this, which somehow I got very good at doing over the years of doing homework and being too lazy to sit up.

At least the headache is gone so I can now stand light and can do homework.

No word on if they caught the guy. The good news is that in MD, there's a thing called MD Uninsured motorist, so I'll still be able to get some money to help cover the injury expenses. My dad will have to handle it. Last time, that took several months. This is now the third hit and run I've been in. The first was three years ago. A guy ran a stop sign and hit me and left. Me and the car were not in good shape after that. Last semester, a professor hit my car in the parking lot of school while I was standing right there and went into the building, not acknowledging that she hit me (thankfully, since I was not even in the vehicle, I had the presence of mind to get her tag number, follow her car, take pictures, and call campus security, who recovered the footage of her hitting my car and tracked down who it was. We saw a check from her within a week). I've had more accidents than my friend who is a really, really bad driver, and I'm a good driver. I've no idea what it is.

I am glad things are improving for you and I hope this is the last of your accidents. I just don't understand the hit and run thing, it is just a jerky thing to do whether or not someone is in the car. I know people don't want to get into trouble or have their insurance rates go up, but if they are caught there are usually more repercussions than just taking responsibility in the first place. But unfortunately there are a lot of jerks out in the world.

My sister recently had her car hit in the Wal-mart parking lot and there was a security camera aiming towards her car. When she filed the police report the police told her that the camera footage probably wouldn't help as Wal-mart's camera rarely work or are so out of focus they can't ever see anything clearly! What is the point of the cameras then!?! :facepalm:

betty rose

So, last night was the gala/banquet for the pediatric cancer non-profit that both DDs are on the BoD of.
It was a beautiful event. We didn't get home until 1:45a.
C o c ktail hour, dinner (I was so hungry, I forgot to get food pics :oops:), live auction, silent auction, 15 piece band, dancing, drinks (not an open bar) 'til midnight.
The live auction was a hoot. Some folks have a lot of $$$$$...!!!

Anyway, sunset from the terrace of the venue overlooking Lake Travis...

View attachment 110540
View attachment 110541

Both DDs are in the middle of the banquet table and they both spoke. Again, so proud of them... :happy:

View attachment 110542
View attachment 110543
View attachment 110545

And, the band was great...! :)

View attachment 110547
Wonderful pictures, so glad you were able to raise a lot of money. Your daughters are accomplished adults, you should be proud!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
52 here. I just put an extra quilt on my bed. :cold:

We are having the same temperatures. I thought about putting the quilt on the bed but the dog keeps me warm enough for now. It might get back up to 80 this week though.

Speaking of my dog, I also had to change the bed this morning as she decided to vomit on my husband's side of the bed.
Bad news: I had to clean up and she is a little sluggish today.
Good news: Clean sheet night!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom