The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

Yeah, he has a huge sense of entitlement, and not just in this particular situation. Like when he helps out friends and family, but they don't express appreciation or agree with him, he gets extremely upset and hurt, to the point where he doesn't want to talk to them anymore or ignores them for awhile. His mother is the exact same way. I can understand his perspective, but when you start expecting people to react or behave in a certain manner, and then they don't, you're basically setting yourself up for disappointment. Plus, when you do someone a favor, you should be doing it because you want to help, not because you expect to get a reaction. At least that's how I see it.
My FIL would get mad and refuse to talk to anyone, not his kids, wife, grandkids. I have never met a more miserable person in my life.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Common Core is the worst. But I'd rather sit there and figure out how to teach math than do the dishes.

A lot of times, I'm like, "Nope, we're doing it this way!" to get around the common core carp. Since it hasn't been that long since I learned all of this the right way, I show my brother how to do it correctly.

At least the other day when I was helping, it didn't seem that different from when I learned it. I think my mom hated math and promptly erased Algebra from her brain when she was done with it, whereas Algebra made sense to me. Like a puzzle.

Yeah, no puzzles for me. I am terrible at any type of puzzle. I just can't see how they fit together and get really frustrated. I made a simple puzzle (from a template) for my 8th graders to figure out as a problem solving task and then I went to put it together I couldn't figure it out I had to look at the cheat sheet (it was 5 pieces). Puzzles always make me feel stupid, but I guess everyone has their strengths and weakness.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I really wish sometimes I could be a cat (in our household). I look at mine and how much they sleep and I'm so envious!

15%2B-%2B1

I feel the same way about my dog. I really wish I had her life. She doesn't have to work yet she gets food, shelter, lots of toys, health care, love, all her basic needs plus extras and all she has to do is look cute and snuggle! If there is such a thing as reincarnation, she must have lead a really good previous life because she has got it made in the shade for this life!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Your welcome! During one of yesterday's side trips I found another farm market to say it was off the beaten path is putting it mildly. I found some eggplant (regular one didn't have any) and some early fall peas. Yea more veggies LOL There's also a small flea market next to it. I may have time to stop at both on a semi-regular basis:joyfull:

Fun find! I wish growing up my mom would have found more fun uses for cooking vegetable I might actually like them. She was a good cook and baker, but in cooking veggies they were usually just boiled or even worse pickled (and then sometimes warmed up :hungover:).

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Looks fantastic! Biergarten is on my list for next summer after hearing all of your recommendations. I've never had spatzle. I'll be interested to try that.

Spatzle is just little dumplings like tiny egg noodles actually. The Biergarten used to serve it plain and cheesy (yummy) but I think last time it was just cheese. That was fine with me, being from Wisconsin cheese is always preferred!

betty rose

Nope, I have a summer birthday. But I often get depressed in the winter because of the cold and lack of sunlight (seasonal affective disorder) so I like to plan even little things that will cheer me up and give me something to look forward to.
I have seasonal affective disorder too. Two or three days with little sunlight , I get depressed too. We should be fun on this thread during the winter. ;)

betty rose

Ever since our church had a polka service I've been really craving some Biergarten food. I decided to make a German feast today. I've been marinating a roast for sauerbraten since Monday. So I roasted the sauerbraten, made bratwurst with onions, cheesy spatzel, pretzel bread, and sauerbraten gravy. I had a beer with it, hubby had a rum and coke. Oh and we listened to my sound recording of the Epcot polka band while eating. It was so good and tasted so much like the restaurant in Epcot I got tears in my eyes. In fact I was so happy about it I almost slipped and told my husband about being able to eat there in November! Here's a pic of the meal.
View attachment 110508 View attachment 110509
Are you a professional chef, that looks so yummy and professionally finished and presented!

betty rose

The headache is gone, but my body has been hurting really badly. Earlier today, I had to take three ibuprofen and lay on my bed on my side without moving. Eventually I could move again. Now I'm sore, so I'm laying on my side typing this, which somehow I got very good at doing over the years of doing homework and being too lazy to sit up.

At least the headache is gone so I can now stand light and can do homework.

No word on if they caught the guy. The good news is that in MD, there's a thing called MD Uninsured motorist, so I'll still be able to get some money to help cover the injury expenses. My dad will have to handle it. Last time, that took several months. This is now the third hit and run I've been in. The first was three years ago. A guy ran a stop sign and hit me and left. Me and the car were not in good shape after that. Last semester, a professor hit my car in the parking lot of school while I was standing right there and went into the building, not acknowledging that she hit me (thankfully, since I was not even in the vehicle, I had the presence of mind to get her tag number, follow her car, take pictures, and call campus security, who recovered the footage of her hitting my car and tracked down who it was. We saw a check from her within a week). I've had more accidents than my friend who is a really, really bad driver, and I'm a good driver. I've no idea what it is.
You have been in the wrong place at the wrong time. Now that's three, let's call a halt to the crazy drivers out there.

Goofyernmost

Dark chocolate is good for your heart.
Absolutely, however, my oldest daughter is a confirmed "no" carb (or at least was) so she got this intense dark chocolate. I tried some, because I love dark chocolate, but, I honestly could not swallow it. It was so bitter and dry and, ok, I'll say it, disgusting that I was unable to make it palatable. That's the first time I asked which life she was planning to enjoy because this certainly cannot be the one.

THNX! My little guy just announced he won't be trick or treating this year as he think's he's too old:( He'd rather go to the school dance party:(
Oh, Oh! This could be the start of something big. You may have to stop thinking of him as "your little guy" soon.;) Don't worry though, it happens to all parents and it turns out, in the long run, to be quite good most of the time. Grand-parenting is so much more fun then parenting. You get to play and have zero responsibility for their raising.:happy:

My FIL would get mad and refuse to talk to anyone, not his kids, wife, grandkids. I have never met a more miserable person in my life.
He and my FIL would have been soulmates. The first time I met him, he said hello and then went into the living room and spent the rest of the time with his head stuck in the newspaper reading. He didn't say another word the rest of the time. A few months later after we told him that we were getting married, he found the opportunity to get me alone and tell me that this "was like cutting off my legs".

I eventually won him over with my charm and sparkling personality plus the fact that he never intimidated me. It was way to tiring, I think, for him to keep trying to make me afraid of him. He did get back at me in his will. He left me out completely when all the rest (in-laws) were included and cut my wife down to a fraction of what everyone else got. He was miserable even in death. It was tough to look sad during the service.:bawling::joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom