The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Another thing we have in common, we love food. I think most of the people on here agree on that!

True, and I wish I didn't love food so much. Dieting is really a pain because I keep thinking of all the food I want to eat when my diet is over. Needless to say my diets don't last very long, it might have something to do with my lack of will power as well! ;)

betty rose

Happy Sunday! And Happy Grandparent's day @betty rose and @Goofyernmost! My boys are heading off to do yard work for my MIL and I'm banished to my house as my allergies are acting up. They're not bad but sneezing around my FIL is a very bad idea with his immune system not quite back to normal. Besides I can use a few hours off LOL I might even try and get one of those nap things I keep hearing about. Last time I tried my neighbor had a bit of an emergency and I wound up at her house for the rest of that day. Today is supposed to be the last pool day here (it will be too cool to go today) but with some heat expected mid-week the life guards were asked if they'd be available later this week. I'll keep my fingers crossed for some late week swimming.
Thanks @figmentfan423. The grandkids are both sick, so we are celebrating next week. An afternoon of game playing and snacks. :D Good luck on another swim day or two.

Last edited:

betty rose

True, and I wish I didn't love food so much. Dieting is really a pain because I keep thinking of all the food I want to eat when my diet is over. Needless to say my diets don't last very long, it might have something to do with my lack of will power as well! ;)
I understand that, I have a Doctor helping me pretty much . He likes to watch the numbers every 6 month's!

Goofyernmost

I, of course, cannot speak for others, but, the only thing that has ever worked for me was, what others considered, over simplistic. I knew that I wasn't going to be able to deny myself the foods that I really like. Life is short whether you're overweight or not. So I decided to just eat what I always ate but in smaller quantities and then I became more active. I played more golf (even with a cart) and walked every other day. Outside if it was nice or in the mall if it wasn't. Over three years I lost 80 pounds, 10 inches off my waist and even 4 inches off my neck.

I had a lot of excess to begin with and I am still not down to the place where I figure that continued success without some other additional effort may be difficult, but, I'm pretty happy for two things. The first is that I have lost a lot of weight and that I kept all my clothes that I had expanded out of and can wear them again. Now I have to make the move to get rid of my big fat clothes to make room for my not as fat clothes. Somewhere along the line I will need a whole new wardrobe.

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I, of course, cannot speak for others, but, the only thing that has ever worked for me was, what others considered, over simplistic. I knew that I wasn't going to be able to deny myself the foods that I really like. Life is short whether you're overweight or not. So I decided to just eat what I always ate but in smaller quantities and then I became more active. I played more golf (even with a cart) and walked every other day. Outside if it was nice or in the mall if it wasn't. Over three years I lost 80 pounds, 10 inches off my waist and even 4 inches off my neck.

I had a lot of excess to begin with and I am still not down to the place where I figure that continued success without some other additional effort may be difficult, but, I'm pretty happy for two things. The first is that I have lost a lot of weight and that I kept all my clothes that I had expanded out of and can wear them again. Now I have to make the move to get rid of my big fat clothes to make room for my not as fat clothes. Somewhere along the line I will need a whole new wardrobe.
Congrats to you

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
Bad news: My printer decided that it doesn't want to print in black ink anymore.
Good news: HP is sending me an upgraded model for free even though my printer is out of warranty, and the ink should be less expensive. I just have to use my parents' printer or print at school until I get the new printer.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No

I'm with you. I tried dieting and it didn't work. I've lost 20 pounds since coming home from Hawaii just by reducing the amount that I eat and being more active. Now that I'm back in school, I just make sure that there is less snacking in between meals and I got for walks around campus during my breaks since there's minimal walking at my school normally. Eating lots of soup too. It fills you up but is still low calorie.

Oh, and ten of those pounds were in WDW, so...looking to lose weight? Go to WDW. :joyfull:

Cesar R M

Ever since our church had a polka service I've been really craving some Biergarten food. I decided to make a German feast today. I've been marinating a roast for sauerbraten since Monday. So I roasted the sauerbraten, made bratwurst with onions, cheesy spatzel, pretzel bread, and sauerbraten gravy. I had a beer with it, hubby had a rum and coke. Oh and we listened to my sound recording of the Epcot polka band while eating. It was so good and tasted so much like the restaurant in Epcot I got tears in my eyes. In fact I was so happy about it I almost slipped and told my husband about being able to eat there in November! Here's a pic of the meal.
View attachment 110508 View attachment 110509
pass the recipe! looks delicious!

Bang Bang Shrimp at September Fest. So good. Batter very crunchy.

View attachment 110511

recipe as well!! :D

Cesar R M

OK, this has got to be the strangest banner ad I've seen on this forum so far.

View attachment 110520
putting money in a butt makes life better? who knew!
I really wish sometimes I could be a cat (in our household). I look at mine and how much they sleep and I'm so envious!

15%2B-%2B1
adorable kitty!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom