The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
@catmom46 I know you have been feeling down lately, so I'm hoping this story makes you feel better.

My cat never goes outside. Never. She will stand there and look at you like you're crazy if you ask her if she wants to go outside. So today, my dad was painting the door that leads from the house to the garage (garage doors to the outside were closed), so the door was wide open. We thought, "Oh, we don't have to worry about this cat going outside." Then, not even 10 minutes after we had said this, my dad catches her in the garage. She comes back in, but then tries to sneak outside. My mom tells her no. First, she ignores my mom completely, then she gets this puppy dog expression on her face like, "Why are you being mean to me?" Then she slinks over to me and rubs around my ankles, like, "Mommy was being mean." :hilarious: I'm like, "Okay, are you a dog or a cat?"

She ends up eventually sneaking out again. Now she is afraid of squirt bottles, so we put a bottle of cleaner sitting on the floor in front of the door. For a while, she just stares at it, but then tries to sneak past it, and we catch her and nail her with a squirt bottle (with water in it). Solved the problem. Very bad kitty. :joyfull:

catmom46

@catmom46 I know you have been feeling down lately, so I'm hoping this story makes you feel better.

My cat never goes outside. Never. She will stand there and look at you like you're crazy if you ask her if she wants to go outside. So today, my dad was painting the door that leads from the house to the garage (garage doors to the outside were closed), so the door was wide open. We thought, "Oh, we don't have to worry about this cat going outside." Then, not even 10 minutes after we had said this, my dad catches her in the garage. She comes back in, but then tries to sneak outside. My mom tells her no. First, she ignores my mom completely, then she gets this puppy dog expression on her face like, "Why are you being mean to me?" Then she slinks over to me and rubs around my ankles, like, "Mommy was being mean." :hilarious: I'm like, "Okay, are you a dog or a cat?"

She ends up eventually sneaking out again. Now she is afraid of squirt bottles, so we put a bottle of cleaner sitting on the floor in front of the door. For a while, she just stares at it, but then tries to sneak past it, and we catch her and nail her with a squirt bottle (with water in it). Solved the problem. Very bad kitty. :joyfull:

Thanks for sharing the cute cat story! Yes, we use squirt bottles over here as well. They were effective at first, but I think our cats got used to it, as they only momentarily halt their bad behavior now. Either that or they're just super-stubborn! :p

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
Thanks for sharing the cute cat story! Yes, we use squirt bottles over here as well. They were effective at first, but I think our cats got used to it, as they only momentarily halt their bad behavior now. Either that or they're just super-stubborn! :p
Belle is terrified of squirt bottles. If I have to clean our kitchen table and she's on one of the chairs, I move her, otherwise, she'll run and hide. I usually pick her up, cuddle her, put her on the couch, and then spray off the table.

That cat is spoiled.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
That sounds like a good trade-off to me. I'd rather do dishes, too. :D
Math>dishes.

Hate. Doing. Dishes.

At least when I get my cast on after my surgery, there will definitely be no dishes for several weeks (I take my brace off to do the dishes, but mostly use my right hand to do them. Some stuff is too heavy and someone else must do it).

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Ever since our church had a polka service I've been really craving some Biergarten food. I decided to make a German feast today. I've been marinating a roast for sauerbraten since Monday. So I roasted the sauerbraten, made bratwurst with onions, cheesy spatzel, pretzel bread, and sauerbraten gravy. I had a beer with it, hubby had a rum and coke. Oh and we listened to my sound recording of the Epcot polka band while eating. It was so good and tasted so much like the restaurant in Epcot I got tears in my eyes. In fact I was so happy about it I almost slipped and told my husband about being able to eat there in November! Here's a pic of the meal.
image.jpg image.jpg

catmom46

Ever since our church had a polka service I've been really craving some Biergarten food. I decided to make a German feast today. I've been marinating a roast for sauerbraten since Monday. So I roasted the sauerbraten, made bratwurst with onions, cheesy spatzel, pretzel bread, and sauerbraten gravy. I had a beer with it, hubby had a rum and coke. Oh and we listened to my sound recording of the Epcot polka band while eating. It was so good and tasted so much like the restaurant in Epcot I got tears in my eyes. In fact I was so happy about it I almost slipped and told my husband about being able to eat there in November! Here's a pic of the meal.
View attachment 110508 View attachment 110509

Wow, I really want to come over for dinner now. And I don't eat meat! :hungry:

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
I'd be with your mom washing dishes!

By the way, how are you feeling today? Any more news about your accident?
The headache is gone, but my body has been hurting really badly. Earlier today, I had to take three ibuprofen and lay on my bed on my side without moving. Eventually I could move again. Now I'm sore, so I'm laying on my side typing this, which somehow I got very good at doing over the years of doing homework and being too lazy to sit up.

At least the headache is gone so I can now stand light and can do homework.

No word on if they caught the guy. The good news is that in MD, there's a thing called MD Uninsured motorist, so I'll still be able to get some money to help cover the injury expenses. My dad will have to handle it. Last time, that took several months. This is now the third hit and run I've been in. The first was three years ago. A guy ran a stop sign and hit me and left. Me and the car were not in good shape after that. Last semester, a professor hit my car in the parking lot of school while I was standing right there and went into the building, not acknowledging that she hit me (thankfully, since I was not even in the vehicle, I had the presence of mind to get her tag number, follow her car, take pictures, and call campus security, who recovered the footage of her hitting my car and tracked down who it was. We saw a check from her within a week). I've had more accidents than my friend who is a really, really bad driver, and I'm a good driver. I've no idea what it is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom