The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
I would rather do dishes too. I hate common core math.
Common Core is the worst. But I'd rather sit there and figure out how to teach math than do the dishes.

A lot of times, I'm like, "Nope, we're doing it this way!" to get around the common core carp. Since it hasn't been that long since I learned all of this the right way, I show my brother how to do it correctly.

At least the other day when I was helping, it didn't seem that different from when I learned it. I think my mom hated math and promptly erased Algebra from her brain when she was done with it, whereas Algebra made sense to me. Like a puzzle.

catmom46

I really wish sometimes I could be a cat (in our household). I look at mine and how much they sleep and I'm so envious!

15%2B-%2B1

Figgy1

Glad that Wegmans works for you, and has everything you like.

We had a Wegmans open up here about a year ago. There was all this hype about it for the months leading up to the opening. So I finally went there a few months ago, just to check it out. Just my opinion, but I did not like it at all. It was very confusing and set up like some sort of warehouse. (They also built a parking garage attached to the building. Um . . . not a fan of a parking garage, just to get weekly groceries??!! :jawdrop: ) Parking garages are o.k. for big malls, not the weekly grocery run. No thanks.

The prices were NOT low, as they supposedly were famous for . . . I could do much better, price-wise, at 2 out of the 5, local supermarkets in the area. Wegmans did have a few different food options, and that was o.k. Still, my overall rating of the store was a C -.

There are five different supermaket chains, all convenient to me. (Market Basket, which is my favorite; Roche Brothers Markets, my 2nd favorite; both of those chains are family owned by the way.) Then, we have Stop & Shop, Whole Foods, and Wegmans.) I'd put Wegmans on the bottom of that list. (One of the women at work agreed, and she had tried some of their prepared foods to go, items. Wasn't impressed at all with the food.)

So, I just don't get all the hype over this Wegmans chain . . . :confused:
I don't blame you for not liking the parking garage at all. Do you live in a rather urban area. BTW I don't go to Wegman's for all my food needs! Just not dairy cheese and milk as they have the best selection and prices and some of my gluten-free baking items as the sell those in much larger packages. BTW my dh loves their cheese counter but stopping their isn't on his pre-Disney diet.

Figgy1

I love that you remind me to go to the farmers market on Saturday. :) I often forget.
Your welcome! During one of yesterday's side trips I found another farm market to say it was off the beaten path is putting it mildly. I found some eggplant (regular one didn't have any) and some early fall peas. Yea more veggies LOL There's also a small flea market next to it. I may have time to stop at both on a semi-regular basis:joyfull:

Figgy1

I do want to share how proud of my dog (Kapono) I am today. She barks A LOT! At everyone she sees or meets, it doesn't matter if you are new to her, an old friend, or a person walking by on the street. Anyway, we made a road trip down to Caribou Coffee about a 15 minute drive for me and we went through the Drive-thru and she didn't bark once! I didn't even coach her at all! She just stood in the window and starred at the workers. I was a little surprised they didn't offer a treat, but it looked like their doggie treat container was empty. So she got two Beggin' strips when we got home. She also got a new toy, but I had bought that at Wal-mart before we went to the coffee store.
View attachment 110401
Awwwww so cute

Songbird76

Ever since our church had a polka service I've been really craving some Biergarten food. I decided to make a German feast today. I've been marinating a roast for sauerbraten since Monday. So I roasted the sauerbraten, made bratwurst with onions, cheesy spatzel, pretzel bread, and sauerbraten gravy. I had a beer with it, hubby had a rum and coke. Oh and we listened to my sound recording of the Epcot polka band while eating. It was so good and tasted so much like the restaurant in Epcot I got tears in my eyes. In fact I was so happy about it I almost slipped and told my husband about being able to eat there in November! Here's a pic of the meal.
View attachment 110508 View attachment 110509
Looks fantastic! Biergarten is on my list for next summer after hearing all of your recommendations. I've never had spatzle. I'll be interested to try that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom