The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

Thanks. Her first apartment, she stayed in a dorm all 4 years of college. Her apartment has a great room, the living room is transitioned from a long galley kitchen on the wall and on the flip side divided by 15 foot counter. It has cabinets on the galley kitchen side beneath and on the living room side of the counter it has an overhang for bar stools depending on size could fit at least 7 or so. Sadly for me she has double the cabinet space that I do. She has these and 3 Black leather bar stools which match the woods in the living room. The kitchen has greenish tones (for her tractor collection, not sure if you were here for her love of John Deer Tractor stories) and living room blues so these will help transition the colors from kitchen to living room. Her bedroom had triple the closet/shelf space than my master bedroom does.

I got to help pick the shades of colors as my DD is somewhat color blind, she sees color but not really shades of color, neither does her Dad. (Many a time I sent him back to change clothes as I have with my DD. My DD in college would send me photos to see if she matched.) We were picking out area rugs for her living room and bed room and she'd find a rug design she liked but I'd be like eeek so not teal that is aqua. :facepalm: :eek: This apartment is so freak'n amazing, with vaulted ceilings and a huge shelf 20 feet above the living room which we have found large artwork of Florida beaches and 'Mine Mine Mine' knickknacks to put up there. Fortunately the landlord has a honk'n big ladder we are allowed to borrow. Great 'ole man I've know for years our town historian. The building has been restored but is over 100 years old.
Sounds so wonderful for your DD.

Figgy1

Premium Member
School starts for us tomorrow. Wisconsin has a law that school for the students can't start until September 1st or Labor Day, whichever comes first. I had inservice all last week but I don't have to go in today, so I am enjoying my last gasp day of summer. We are going to be in the mid 80's today so that will be nice. But tomorrow it is supposed to get up to 88 which will not be enjoyable with no AC in the classroom and all those little bodies giving off body heat, and only one window that opens directly onto baking pavement. Not looking forward to tomorrow's heat. I find it ironic that the last two weeks it has been in the 60-70's and the week we go back to school it is predicted to be high 80's to 90's!
Sympathy like about the weather! Have a good year at your school!

StarWarsGirl

School starts for us tomorrow. Wisconsin has a law that school for the students can't start until September 1st or Labor Day, whichever comes first. I had inservice all last week but I don't have to go in today, so I am enjoying my last gasp day of summer. We are going to be in the mid 80's today so that will be nice. But tomorrow it is supposed to get up to 88 which will not be enjoyable with no AC in the classroom and all those little bodies giving off body heat, and only one window that opens directly onto baking pavement. Not looking forward to tomorrow's heat. I find it ironic that the last two weeks it has been in the 60-70's and the week we go back to school it is predicted to be high 80's to 90's!
Ugh, I remember those days. My high school was weird. Half was air conditioned and half wasn't. It was terrible if you were in the unairconditioned section. My Spanish teacher who I had for Spanish 3 and Spanish 6 had asthma, and when I was a freshman, her class was in the unairconditioned section of the building with all the other foreign language classes. No airconditioning is really bad for asthma anyway, and her asthma is triggered by heat (unlike mine; mine is triggered by the cold). It took several years, but by my senior year, she had a classroom in airconditioning. Worked out for both of us.

This is where I'm critical of our school district: rather than spending all kinds of money so that every kid can have a tablet, please install air conditioning in all of the schools. It is so much more important. Coming from someone who loves technology, air conditioning>technology.

Benefit of small, private college: they have to keep us happy to keep us here, so they do things to keep us happy. Like install air conditioning, even in the buildings that were built in the forties.

Cesar R M

For those who didn't watch the MTV Music Video Awards last night (I never watch it), I saw a few clips on the early morning news. Apparently, Kanye West announced on stage last night that he was going to run for president of the U.S., in the 2020 election. o_O
We're heading right straight into idiocracy. I mean.. after Trump..another entertainer?
We only need another guy to go for president with the name of "Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho"

Cesar R M

We haven't downloaded Microsoft 10, and are having problems. I notice that I have more trouble, when there are video's or short clips, and lots of advertisements. On the same page.
You could install one of the addons like "flashblock".
which will replace all videos with a " click to run" .

This will remove the slowdowns caused by the flash program when starting up.

Cesar R M

But how do you know my real name ?????
ID VOTE FOR YOU!!

OiS6Wqn.jpg

I can be your NOT SURE.
:hilarious:

Songbird76

If I had been your teacher in the first scenario I would have owned up to it and given you credit for the assignment. That is just stupid of her to punish your or any other student for her mistake.
Thank you! I thought it was unfair of her, too, but if my mom couldn't even get her to budge...that being said, she came in the first day of school and told us "I am always right. You are always wrong. Do not dispute me." I had some really great teachers, but I had some doozies, too!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom