The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

Thanks. Her first apartment, she stayed in a dorm all 4 years of college. Her apartment has a great room, the living room is transitioned from a long galley kitchen on the wall and on the flip side divided by 15 foot counter. It has cabinets on the galley kitchen side beneath and on the living room side of the counter it has an overhang for bar stools depending on size could fit at least 7 or so. Sadly for me she has double the cabinet space that I do. She has these and 3 Black leather bar stools which match the woods in the living room. The kitchen has greenish tones (for her tractor collection, not sure if you were here for her love of John Deer Tractor stories) and living room blues so these will help transition the colors from kitchen to living room. Her bedroom had triple the closet/shelf space than my master bedroom does.

I got to help pick the shades of colors as my DD is somewhat color blind, she sees color but not really shades of color, neither does her Dad. (Many a time I sent him back to change clothes as I have with my DD. My DD in college would send me photos to see if she matched.) We were picking out area rugs for her living room and bed room and she'd find a rug design she liked but I'd be like eeek so not teal that is aqua. :facepalm: :eek: This apartment is so freak'n amazing, with vaulted ceilings and a huge shelf 20 feet above the living room which we have found large artwork of Florida beaches and 'Mine Mine Mine' knickknacks to put up there. Fortunately the landlord has a honk'n big ladder we are allowed to borrow. Great 'ole man I've know for years our town historian. The building has been restored but is over 100 years old.
Awww...DS is a bit color blind as well. He always has to ask if something is blue or purple. And he told me one of the bullies wore a brown jacket...I watched for brown jackets for days, then he pointed the kid out to me and it was a green jacket. He just couldn't see the difference. One of my high school math teachers was color blind and his roommates played tricks on him, mismatching his socks, etc. He'd come to school with 2 different colored socks and couldn't tell.

Songbird76

I feel your pain. I don't have to travel though by plane or ferry tough. I enjoy multiple times a year going by train into Chicago for major shopping. My Little Hamlet doesn't have any retail nor does it even have a grocery store though we do have a 7/11 and several gas stations, only because we have an interstate that intersects our town. Because of the interstate I can get to other areas that have retail without major time devotion but it is annoying to realize your need something you forgot from the grocery store and have to leave town.

It is our towns fault though. This Little Hamlet is stuck in a time warp. Most families here for many generations and stuck between wanting to develop and wanting to remain Mayberry. I've been here for 30 years and I am still an outsider. The Mayberry is what most of us embrace. Our little Hamlet was a very nice place to raise children though, I know everyone and everyone knows us. No chance of the Mom not knowing what their children were up to. Zero privacy in Hamlet.
My home town was like that...we did have a grocery store, but no one shopped there except for the things like bread and milk that you need pretty much daily, or in the case you mentioned that you forgot something. But the closest town to us was 40 miles away, so we mostly did our shopping once every 2 weeks or so and threw everything in the freezer and bought milk and bread from the local store. My mom was originally from Dundee, IL and that seemed like a huge city to us as kids, but what we thought was amazing was that you could drive from Dundee into Elgin without even realizing they were different towns. In Wyoming, everything is so spread out...in one direction the next town was 40 miles away. In the other direction, the next town was 35 miles away, but its population was 7. Not counting that town, the next was 75 miles. We drove an hour and a half to get to any town other than the one that was closest to us. We were used to not having Walmart, target, etc.

Songbird76

For those who didn't watch the MTV Music Video Awards last night (I never watch it), I saw a few clips on the early morning news. Apparently, Kanye West announced on stage last night that he was going to run for president of the U.S., in the 2020 election. o_O
Well, considering how much of an uproar there was when Clinton admitted he had once smoked Marijuana, I wonder how many people would actually vote for someone who admittedly gets high before he performs.

Figgy1

Premium Member
My FIL was released from the hospital today! He has to take it easy for a while. He's not allowed to drive or ride a bicycle for 4 weeks, and he has to build up walking slowly...no long distances yet, but he's feeling much better, though he tires quickly. So glad they sent him home already!!
Hopefully life will get back to normal soon. After my FIL got sick it took a while but things are getting more normal

betty rose

THNX he went away for a 4 day weekend and did quite well and he's enjoying riding his lawn mower, he used to curse having to mow. Now it's almost like having a hobby:confused:
I did all the mowing for years, as hubby traveled a lot. Never had a riding mower. When we moved into our current house 20 years ago, I looked at the grass, and said enough is enough. I took it out and planted greenery, flowers and put in rocks. I've never missed a day of not having grass. :D

StarWarsGirl

:joyfull: My daughter said this morning "Mom, that boy hasn't said anything to me.....I think it's all daddy's tattoos scared him." :hilarious:
Oh goodness. That's funny.

Although dads can be scary. A couple of weeks before vacation, the house down the street had another party. My parents went out, my dad yelled and threatened to call the police, and then did so. A friend of our neighbor's daughter had been at the party and told our neighbors that some "big scary dude" came out and told everyone he was calling the police. We all laughed at the "big" and "scary" part. My dad is all of 5'5".:joyfull:

Sometimes an angry father solves problems.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom