The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Lilofan

I'm a little concerned. There have been a number of storm cell passing over us for the last 2 hours. My concern is that I have experienced thunder a lot in my 76 years and there is something about the sound of the thunder we are experiencing right now that is different. I can't describe it, but you'll have to believe me that I have never heard thunder that sounded more like a car with no muffler being reaved up to top RPM. It's very spooky sounding. It has dropped our temps down for 97 to 71 degrees.
Good luck to you and be safe . Last place I'd be is exit 19-25 NC I-95 Lumberton. That city floods very easily when having heavy rains. I saw the aftermath one year when hotels, houses under water. That's a major 1/2 way point stopover for tourists driving to and from FL.

Goofyernmost

Good luck to you and be safe . Last place I'd be is exit 19-25 NC I-95 Lumberton. That city floods very easily when having heavy rains. I saw the aftermath one year when hotels, houses under water. That's a major 1/2 way point stopover for tourists driving to and from FL.
Yes, it is notorious for it's flooding I-95 in that area. You would think that the engineers would have built that part of the highway a little higher. I'm sure that area always flooded in the past.

Lilofan

Yes, it is notorious for it's flooding I-95 in that area. You would think that the engineers would have built that part of the highway a little higher. I'm sure that area always flooded in the past.
Would not want to be in SC specifically in the Charleston area. That city has in the past been hit with flooding in the past and they are predicted to get 12-18 inches of rainfall this weekend.

John park hopper

Had a planned trip to visit my sons and grand kids in Gulf breeze FL, we were going to leave yesterday morning but with the storm headed for Charleston (we are 30 miles north of Charleston on the coast) decided to wait and see. Our power always goes off and we have 2 refrigerators, and 1 chest freezer. Have a generator that will power those, and well for water and TV. Calling for a heck of a lot of rain 15-18 inches. Hopefully the storm will pass on Friday and we can head to FL now just wait and see.

Last edited:

Lilofan

Had a planned trip to visit my sons and grand kids in Gulf breeze FL, we were going to leave yesterday morning but with the storm headed for Charleston (we are 30 miles north of Charleston on the coast) decided to wait and see. Our power always goes off and we have 2 refrigerators, and 1 chest freezer. Have a generator that will power those, and well for water and TV. Calling for a heck of a lot of rain 15-18 inches. Hopefully the storm will pass on Friday and we can head to FL now just wait and see.
We are out of power for more than a week when a Cat 3 leveled our area but luckily we still could flush toilets , take showers , use sinks. My friends who had well water were screwed. Couldn’t use any water , toilets , without electricity and they didn’t have a generator since other homeowners bought all of it at Lowe’s and Home Depot. Charleston where it’s located ( or anyone coastal ) will get impacted a lot with predicted 18 inches of rain.

John park hopper

Several months ago we had 18 inches of rain and we have only one small bridge over a tide creek to get in and out of our area. The bridge washed out and we were stuck for 2days while the county rebuilt the bridge.Hope they did a good job.

Lilofan

Lumberton NC is a very poor town and the way the I-95 is built with it winding and turns and the whole town is flooded into streets and into business and homes. It is definitely poor design and seemingly the state doesn’t do much to improve it. We stayed at a hotel one year after a flood but we could only stay on the second floor since the first floor was closed off due to the waters flooding and ruining the hotels rooms . We know of a family that the husband could work remotely and they are planning to move from expensive COL CA to cheaper COL Hilton Head. They have never experienced a hurricane or that kind of weather before.

Last edited:

donaldtoo

The temp Carolyn’s ride was showing when we left to pick up Matt from work, at 5:21p…!!!!!!! :joyfull::hilarious:;)

DC542824-9449-45DA-871E-1252D6588220.jpeg

Then, we met Megan, Daniel, Emmy, Audrey, Carolyn’s oldest bro and his wife at our neighborhood pool a block away…!!! :)

27A4378D-DA25-433B-B0FD-14C29606E71C.jpeg5EA94B64-AB1E-4106-9AF5-61315F61258D.jpeg

It was a nice respite from the events of the previous day. Shirley wouldn’t have wanted us all moping around, and we’re sure she was smiling down on us.

John park hopper

The temp Carolyn’s ride was showing when we left to pick up Matt from work, at 5:21p…!!!!!!! :joyfull::hilarious:;)

View attachment 806412

Then, we met Megan, Daniel, Emmy, Audrey, Carolyn’s oldest bro and his wife at our neighborhood pool a block away…!!! :)

View attachment 806413View attachment 806414

It was a nice respite from the events of the previous day. Shirley wouldn’t have wanted us all moping around, and we’re sure she was smiling down on us.
108 degrees ugh that's hot

Lilofan

View attachment 806412

View attachment 806413View attachment 806414

Know a guy who lives in Dallas that has a 24' base GT Mustang 5.0 stick. Regrets not getting his new ride with the Perf Pack that has the oil cooler. With the extreme heat in TX , even with simple pulls and frequent hard pulls to stretch the Pony's legs, his oil temps are running above 250 degrees which over time will cook the engine. He's buying an oil cooler installed at the dealer once the part comes in. In 24' Ford eliminated the oil cooler for Mustang except for the Darkhorse and 5.0 with the PP. Ford being cheap.

donaldtoo

@John park hopper
The funny thing is, in years past we’ve had highs at 105-ish as early as late June. And July, August and even into mid September are historically very toasty.
This summer has just been so much more mild for us than our typical summers in more recent years.
Back in 2011 we had 90 days (nonconsecutive) of at, or above, 100 degrees, with a record-tying 112 from 2000.
Even last year we had 80 days of at, or above, 100 degrees.
When we were in Disney in late June/early July, so many other Guests were complaining about the “heat”.
Below are the temps in Orlando vs. where we now live in Central Texas, at about the same time of day, when we were at the pool at OKW on June 30th…

64E2A38B-836E-4090-A22D-33FF9CAEC646.jpegF8254DB2-3EF7-40BB-ACB8-B3939313E60A.jpeg

Those poor folks probably couldn’t survive even one summer here…!!!!! :hilarious:;)

donaldtoo

Know a guy who lives in Dallas that has a 24' base GT Mustang 5.0 stick. Regrets not getting his new ride with the Perf Pack that has the oil cooler. With the extreme heat in TX , even with simple pulls and frequent hard pulls to stretch the Pony's legs, his oil temps are running above 250 degrees which over time will cook the engine. He's buying an oil cooler installed at the dealer once the part comes in. In 24' Ford eliminated the oil cooler for Mustang except for the Darkhorse and 5.0 with the PP. Ford being cheap.

I bought a brand new ‘85 Mustang GT with a 5- speed stick. But, it wasn’t putting out nearly as many horses as the top-of-the-line ones in more recent years. It had an oil pressure gauge, of course, but mine put out only about 225hp, as opposed to more recent models putting out somewhere in the neighborhood of about 800hp.
That, combined with no oil cooler, in the Texas summer heat, can definitely be a problem.

donaldtoo

Our high temps for the day in the first pic below, and then storm clouds rolled in and cooled it off quite a bit, although we didn’t get a drop of rain…and, now it’s fair and warmed up a few more degrees… 🤷‍♂️

15F54824-00F0-435D-A0AE-CB088BDFFA65.jpeg9BE85AC4-29C7-486E-8A3E-8E19BC925297.jpeg

wdwfan4ver

Our high temps for the day in the first pic below, and then storm clouds rolled in and cooled it off quite a bit, although we didn’t get a drop of rain…and, now it’s fair and warmed up a few more degrees… 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 806530View attachment 806529
That is much warmer than Tuesday is going to be in South Eastern Wisconsin. Its going to be 71 degrees as a high on that day. There hasn't been a 100 degree day where I live all year.

StarWarsGirl

I found out my aunts cat was attacked by a coyote in the face. The cat really can't protect himself due to aunt had him declawed.

The cat was attacked in the yard while the aunt left the cat outside for a short time before the aunt got outside.
This is why I feel very passionately about not declawing cats. It is actually illegal here in MD as well as in NY. I also don't allow my cats outside unsupervised, although lord knows cats sneak out, and that's why they need their claws. Poor baby.

FutureCEO

Another 90 degree days here (well the forecast is 90) but the humidity is like Florida. It was 91 the other day and felt like 101.

Bring back last year were we only had one 90 degree day. We've had 9 so far this summer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom