The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

But yet the fanbases on social media wanna say the Orioles are the dirtiest team because they hit Judge and then someone else on another team like days later.
The Yankees were throwing at us first. Yeah, that throw at Judge was intentional, but they were absolutely throwing at our guys and they were throwing at Tampa guys the week before.

I truly do not think McCann's nose was intentional. I haven't seen the pitch that hit Westburg. But anyway, we rode at dawn to have a conversation with their pitching staff. 😂

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Note to self: do not plan DL trip in summer 2028

I know two people that planned Paris trips for the Olympics and it sounds like they are having fun. It would be fun to see some events and sight see. I hear that DLP is pretty dead too and people have gotten some good deals. I don't know if I would plan a trip to the Olympics for a city I had never been to before, I think that would be tough to sight see and see events but it might be a neat match up for a DLR and LA Olympics trip.

StarWarsGirl

I know two people that planned Paris trips for the Olympics and it sounds like they are having fun. It would be fun to see some events and sight see. I hear that DLP is pretty dead too and people have gotten some good deals. I don't know if I would plan a trip to the Olympics for a city I had never been to before, I think that would be tough to sight see and see events but it might be a neat match up for a DLR and LA Olympics trip.
The flights out to LA would probably be crazy expensive, though. Although I paid nothing for my flights out there next time so by comparison anything seems expensive, but anyway...

Lilofan

The Yankees were throwing at us first. Yeah, that throw at Judge was intentional, but they were absolutely throwing at our guys and they were throwing at Tampa guys the week before.

I truly do not think McCann's nose was intentional. I haven't seen the pitch that hit Westburg. But anyway, we rode at dawn to have a conversation with their pitching staff. 😂
High and tight fast ball is a fact of life . When Soto injured Westburg then the Yankees took a 3-0 lead then the Orioles manager signaled to his pitcher to drill Yankee star Judge later in the game. Judge and the Yankees will not forget and payback is not if but when.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

Note to self: do not plan DL trip in summer 2028
I agree.

I remember when Chicago was in the running for the 2016 summer Olympics, South Eastern Wisconsin would've been affected if Chicago won the bid.

Some of the 2016 Olympic events were planned to happen in Wisconsin if Chicago won the bid. Also South Eastern Wisconsin was going to be were some of the people would be staying during that Olympics also.

Last edited:

FutureCEO

I agree.

I remember when Chicago was in the running for the 2016 summer Olympics, South Eastern Wisconsin would've been affected if Chicago won the big.

Some of the 2016 Olympic events were planned to happen in Wisconsin if Chicago won the bid. Also South Eastern Wisconsin was going to be were some of the people would be staying during that Olympics also.
Boston was in the running for this year's Olympics. It would have been nice if the subway system got upgraded with it. Traffic would have been a nightmare, even more than it already is.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I agree.

I remember when Chicago was in the running for the 2016 summer Olympics, South Eastern Wisconsin would've been affected if Chicago won the big.

I remember when Chicago was a contender, it was one of the only times I wanted to visit my in-laws! ;)

Lilofan

Boston was in the running for this year's Olympics. It would have been nice if the subway system got upgraded with it. Traffic would have been a nightmare, even more than it already is.
Even though some locals may regret the Olympics coming to their area, the amount of money the Olympics regenerates to support the local economy is beyond millions$$. The mayor of NYC and Governor of NJ were jumping for joy when the World Cup group 2026 selected Met Life Stadium for the finale. The NYC economy just as an example will get a significant boost of tourism and many to spend on the local economy. It is to note that when flocks of tourists from all over the world come to support the local economy, that at times it is met with negativity. Recently residents of Barcelona have been complaining of too many tourists visiting their city. The same with Florida with a few that do not want to realize travel and tourism is what fuels FL. There is a motto - Welcome to Florida , now Go Home.

Last edited:

rshell68

Praying I Hope GIF by The Paley Center for Media

Seems like we'll only be getting a TS thank goodness. Sorry Tampa, but fingers crossed it hits up there. Don't figure to be sleeping too much tomorrow night.......

donaldtoo

Quick update…
My MIL passed this morning at about 10:10a, in her sleep, and comfortable in her bed, in her room in our home.
Myself and Matthew were here, but, unfortunately, none of her children, or other family members were present.
Carolyn was at work, and her younger brother was on his way driving from Houston to spend one last weekend with her. She passed about 30 minutes before he arrived. We figured she would probably make it until Sunday, as this morning wasn’t particularly rough.
On my way to the bathroom I checked on her and she was still breathing. About 5 minutes later, on my way out, I checked on her again, and she was gone.
Matthew, being special needs, did not take it well, at all, but he’s OK now.
Always not wanting to be a “burden” (although all of us never considered her so), she will be cremated and her ashes buried in a plot near her parents in her Texas hometown. There will be a memorial service, and then a small family graveside service.
I’m told all of that will happen no sooner than at least a month from now.
I would like to extend my sincerest thanks to all of you that reached out with your concern, thoughts and prayers. It’s been greatly appreciated, and means more than I can put into words, at this time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom