The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

wdwfan4ver

I am not getting the $11 meal deal at the Wisconsin State Fair that has 4 deep fried Oreos, 2 deep fried snickers, and a deep fried peanut butter cup.
I bought 7 pieces of fudge that I will freeze. Those pieces fudge are from a deal that has 7 pieces of fudge for $12.00. The pieces of fudge I picked were Caramel Apple Fudge, Cotton Candy Fudge, Blueberry Vanilla Fudge, Key Lime Fudge, Pumpkin Pie Fudge, Strawberry Cream Fudge, and Peppermint Swirl Fudge.

For food I ate at the Wisconsin State fair, I had cinnamon roll, cheese on a stick, chicken tender, and deep fried peanut butter cup.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Quick update…
My MIL passed this morning at about 10:10a, in her sleep, and comfortable in her bed, in her room in our home.
Myself and Matthew were here, but, unfortunately, none of her children, or other family members were present.
Carolyn was at work, and her younger brother was on his way driving from Houston to spend one last weekend with her. She passed about 30 minutes before he arrived. We figured she would probably make it until Sunday, as this morning wasn’t particularly rough.
On my way to the bathroom I checked on her and she was still breathing. About 5 minutes later, on my way out, I checked on her again, and she was gone.
Matthew, being special needs, did not take it well, at all, but he’s OK now.
Always not wanting to be a “burden” (although all of us never considered her so), she will be cremated and her ashes buried in a plot near her parents in her Texas hometown. There will be a memorial service, and then a small family graveside service.
I’m told all of that will happen no sooner than at least a month from now.
I would like to extend my sincerest thanks to all of you that reached out with your concern, thoughts and prayers. It’s been greatly appreciated, and means more than I can put into words, at this time.
Please accept my condolences to you, Carolyn, and the entire family. The loss of a loved one is sad. (Years ago, having experienced the loss of my parents, I know that you're never prepared for the end -- even if you think you are.)

Prayers to your family, and her friends, during this difficult time. You all can take some comfort in that she was able to pass away peacefully, at home.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I bought 7 pieces of fudge that I will freeze. Those pieces fudge are from a deal that has 7 pieces of fudge for $12.00. The pieces of fudge I picked were Caramel Apple Fudge, Cotton Candy Fudge, Blueberry Vanilla Fudge, Key Lime Fudge, Pumpkin Pie Fudge, Strawberry Cream Fudge, and Peppermint Swirl Fudge.

For food I ate at the Wisconsin State fair, I had cinnamon roll, cheese on a stick, chicken tender, and deep fried peanut butter cup.
I haven't thought about fudge in years, even though I have a real sweet tooth. Oddly enough, yesterday at the grocery store, they had a display of a few different kinds of fudge. Yup -- bought one! :joyfull:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@King Capybara 77 , have you been following the 3 athletes from Guernsey at the 2024 Olympics? I saw an article on one of the athletes (Mr. Chalmers). He looks like he's a talented competitor, as well as a role model for younger athletes. (Not sure which days/times the athletes will be competing, but the link below is just an fyi.)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Quick update…
My MIL passed this morning at about 10:10a, in her sleep, and comfortable in her bed, in her room in our home.
Myself and Matthew were here, but, unfortunately, none of her children, or other family members were present.
Carolyn was at work, and her younger brother was on his way driving from Houston to spend one last weekend with her. She passed about 30 minutes before he arrived. We figured she would probably make it until Sunday, as this morning wasn’t particularly rough.
On my way to the bathroom I checked on her and she was still breathing. About 5 minutes later, on my way out, I checked on her again, and she was gone.
Always not wanting to be a “burden” (although all of us never considered her so), she will be cremated and her ashes buried in a plot near her parents in her Texas hometown. There will be a memorial service, and then a small family graveside service.
I would like to extend my sincerest thanks to all of you that reached out with your concern, thoughts and prayers. It’s been greatly appreciated, and means more than I can put into words, at this time.
Sorry to hear this. Condolences to your family.😞🙁

Goofyernmost

Quick update…
Sorry to hear that, but I am impressed with you and your families selflessness of taking extremely good care of her as she faded. My thoughts are with you all and condolences to all that she touched in life that made it important to be there for her in her time of need. It's wonderful to know that there are still caring people in our world. Death is a stressful experience for both the individual and those that do what they can for that person. My Father passed at age 74 of a massive heart attack totally unexpected and my Mother passed from a lingering illness that slowly took her life away at age 86. Both were traumatic but the lingering was hard on her and hard on the family watching. We were, of course, sad, but relieved for her that the process was over and she could rest in peace.

rshell68

Quick update…
Thoughts and prayers to you all! It’s always so difficult to say goodbye.

donaldtoo

Please accept my condolences to you, Carolyn, and the entire family. The loss of a loved one is sad. (Years ago, having experienced the loss of my parents, I know that you're never prepared for the end -- even if you think you are.)

Prayers to your family, and her friends, during this difficult time. You all can take some comfort in that she was able to pass away peacefully, at home.

Thank you so much, as always, Minnie.

I think I’ve posted about this before, but she actually worked in custodial at a pretty nice retirement facility from about her mid 50’s to about her late 60’s, and definitely didn’t want to pass in one, or even in a hospital.
We facilitated her wishes until the very end, and she very much appreciated it. It comforted her in her last months, weeks and days, and it gives us a certain amount of solace having not let her down.

Thank you so much again, Minnie.

donaldtoo

Sorry to hear that, but I am impressed with you and your families selflessness of taking extremely good care of her as she faded. My thoughts are with you all and condolences to all that she touched in life that made it important to be there for her in her time of need. It's wonderful to know that there are still caring people in our world. Death is a stressful experience for both the individual and those that do what they can for that person. My Father passed at age 74 of a massive heart attack totally unexpected and my Mother passed from a lingering illness that slowly took her life away at age 86. Both were traumatic but the lingering was hard on her and hard on the family watching. We were, of course, sad, but relieved for her that the process was over and she could rest in peace.

Thank you very much for your words and thoughts, as they have been a comfort.
We take those vows of “in sickness and in health” when we get married, and many probably aren’t thinking that that could also include members of the family you just married into.
As I’ve posted before, she was already living with us well before her terminal diagnosis, so we were as prepared as possible in that regard. But, yes, no amount of prep can get you 100% prepared for what they, and yourselves, are going to experience.
Yesterday was bad in so many ways, but so many other family members took the time to comfort us, so that helped a lot, and she is at peace now.
Again, thank you so much.

donaldtoo

So, to lighten things up a bit, these were our highs for yesterday…it appears “normal” summer for us may…and I stress may…be back…!!!!! 🤪:hilarious:

17F6F7A1-14D0-4218-94CE-5F3F250BBDFF.jpeg

I’ll post todays highs a little later, as I don’t think we’ve quite reached them yet…!!! ;)

Cesar R M

Quick update…
Very sorry for your loss :(

Goofyernmost

I'm a little concerned. There have been a number of storm cell passing over us for the last 2 hours. My concern is that I have experienced thunder a lot in my 76 years and there is something about the sound of the thunder we are experiencing right now that is different. I can't describe it, but you'll have to believe me that I have never heard thunder that sounded more like a car with no muffler being reaved up to top RPM. It's very spooky sounding. It has dropped our temps down for 97 to 71 degrees.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I'm a little concerned. There have been a number of storm cell passing over us for the last 2 hours. My concern is that I have experienced thunder a lot in my 76 years and there is something about the sound of the thunder we are experiencing right now that is different. I can't describe it, but you'll have to believe me that I have never heard thunder that sounded more like a car with no muffler being reaved up to top RPM. It's very spooky sounding. It has dropped our temps down for 97 to 71 degrees.

Well, be alert and stay safe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom