The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

John park hopper

My cousin lived in Post Mills Vermont- he and I were the same age- if you want read about him google Brian Boland hot air balloonist. As a kid he was very quite but came out of his shell when he went to Pratt art institute and did a masters thesis hot air balloons as an art form. He had a grass airport in Post Mills and collected all sorts of stuff. One day he showed up at my place in SC VW buss with a big tire on the roof. I remember thinking who the heck is this showing up in my driveway. He had gone to Cape Canaveral and got a used space shuttle tire. The last time I saw him he was visiting his sister here in SC that was about 8 months before he was killed. Brian was one of a kind sorely missed.

StarWarsGirl

You gals cleaned up! ;) I never even looked at the special sale days. Figured it out that if I didn't look, I wouldn't see anything that I so desperately needed . . . :p
I was waiting for some stuff to go on sale. Held off weeks on getting a new Kindle in anticipation, though the sale prices weren't very good for the Kindle, ugh. I also got some random stuff that I needed that was on sale. Sunscreen (the kind I buy was $4 off per bottle), pimple patches, more scrunchies, etc.

StarWarsGirl

You gals cleaned up! ;) I never even looked at the special sale days. Figured it out that if I didn't look, I wouldn't see anything that I so desperately needed . . . :p
Also, my mother is a bad influence. I got some shoes from DSW and she goes "those are so cute that you have to get them in another color!"

So that is how I ended up with a second DSW order. Thanks Mom.

Goofyernmost

My cousin lived in Post Mills Vermont- he and I were the same age- if you want read about him google Brian Boland hot air balloonist. As a kid he was very quite but came out of his shell when he went to Pratt art institute and did a masters thesis hot air balloons as an art form. He had a grass airport in Post Mills and collected all sorts of stuff. One day he showed up at my place in SC VW buss with a big tire on the roof. I remember thinking who the heck is this showing up in my driveway. He had gone to Cape Canaveral and got a used space shuttle tire. The last time I saw him he was visiting his sister here in SC that was about 8 months before he was killed. Brian was one of a kind sorely missed.
I even had to look up Post Mill on the map. Again never heard of it, but in fairness it is pretty much in the middle of nowhere. Thanks for my late in life education. :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I am sorry for your loss. He sounded like quite a creative gentleman.

StarWarsGirl

:(
I wasn't familiar with him until Big Bang Theory (which he won his first Emmy for, believe it or not) but found him hysterical. I've seen clips of his two shows, including THAT ending to the one.

The fact that he was an accountant passed the vibe check. 😂

Don Rickles was his best friend, which I find hilarious.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
My younger brother and I grew up watching Newhart with my parents.
Many years prior to that show, he did stand-up comedy. His Grammy Award-winning album from 1960, The Button Down Mind of Bob Newhart, was my father's favorite. What was interesting to note about this, was my father was a very "reserved" type of personality -- but he'd burst out laughing over Bob's delivery of the funny skits!

donaldtoo

Many years prior to that show, he did stand-up comedy. His Grammy Award-winning album from 1960, The Button Down Mind of Bob Newhart, was my father's favorite. What was interesting to note about this, was my father was a very "reserved" type of personality -- but he'd burst out laughing over Bob's delivery of the funny skits!

Yes, that show was recorded in Houston, and I’ve listened to it before. Totally hilarious…!!!!!!! :joyfull::hilarious:

StarWarsGirl

I pulled the trigger. I booked a SoCal solo trip in October. I either did everything pay-when-there or refundable (actually, I had enough airline points that it was free both ways) in case it's a bad wildfire season, in which case my backup plan is to go to Tampa and go to the beach/Busch Gardens.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom