The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

I knew some who bought " arrest me Red " sports cars. My cars are more of metallic grey exterior that I wash and wax on a regular basis and clay bar 1x a year. With wash, clay bar, wax, ( all Meguiars products ) the surface of the car is smoother than a baby's butt. My next project is detail cleaning under the hood for that also to be looking good.

Yea, I’m 61+ years old, and have heard about “arrest me red” for the vast majority of my life (along with things like don’t buy a car that came off the assembly line on a Monday or Friday, etc.), blah, blah, blah and I don’t care…if I’m spending that kinda’ money on a vehicle, I’m not buying it in a color that looks like half-treated sewage or s**t.
To each their own.

StarWarsGirl

Sounds like a good plan. No Trader Sam's though! I agree about quick service being good at DL and I like your choice of Cafe Orleans. I haven't been to Carnation Cafe in awhile but we have a reservation for it on Aug 8th. I don't know if we will keep it though. We are trying Centrico this trip since it is new and has gotten good review. I missed the boat on getting reservation for Din Tai Fung but I keep looking. When I was there over Easter I went to the Hearthstone Lounge and really enjoyed that. One of my must do's though is the Carthay Circle Lounge, I love the lettuce wraps and my favorite drink there is the Tequila Daisy.

Also if you do have a car the Anaheim Packing District has some fun places to eat and drink. We had a ton of fun at the Blind Rabbit. We also really liked Strongwater which is a tiki style bar but very different from Trader Sam's, it is just a couple blocks away from the Anaheim Packing District.
I might have to try Trader Sam's after I go to Knott's because I keep hearing about it and I can't really take B to a bar when he's with me (he doesn't drink and would be begging to leave. I am also going to WDW for a bit by myself in January and am planning on Oga's for the same reason, lol). We did Carthay Circle restaurant last time and weren't big on it. The menu wasn't really our thing, and the service was SLOW. I might go into the lounge, but I kind of also want to go to the PIM lounge thingy at Avenger's Campus.

I absolutely LOVE Carnation Cafe, so much so that I might do it once for breakfast and once for dinner. I believe we went there three times last trip: twice for breakfast and once for dinner. Their breakfast is SOOO good (the omlets, OMG), and there's nothing like eating while watching people go down Main Street. I did it twice in one day when I went out there with my bff several years ago. There is no understating my love for that place. I also gotta get to Cafe Orleans for a Minute Cristo. That one also may be a twice one, because I just looked at their menu, lol. Céntrico looks interesting too, but I was planning on getting Mexican in San Diego.

I won't have a car in Anaheim. I currently have it scheduled to get in San Diego airport and return in Anaheim (with my WDW AP discount, it was actually pretty reasonable renting a car). I am unsure of I'm going to keep the car, although the drive from San Diego to Anaheim is so gorgeous that I am very tempted to splurge on the car, and it would also mean I wouldn't need to worry about how many pieces of luggage I pack. There is no sense in having it in Anaheim, though; if I really need to run someplace, I can take a Lyft. I'm planning on doing Lyft to Knott's.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom