The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

93boomer

I'm sure by now that all of you have seen the NEW Country Bears show. For those that haven't, here it is.

I'm sure the purest and those that hate change of any kind will not approve, but I think this is a good update for something that needed desperately to be updated. The songs are different but it lends itself to the new guest that didn't know any of the old ones to sing along with.

I'll wait and watch in person this Fall. Glad it is a good update.

Songbird76

Thnx it shouldn't be more than a bad thunderstorm but everything is charged up in case we lose power
Yeah, we had a bad thunderstorm here on Tuesday night too. I wasn't as bad here as it was in the south, but there were some downed trees and such and apparently a tornado somewhere, though I couldn't find out where. I don't THINK it was near me though. We were at code orange, but not for very long.

I hope you don't lost power, but at least you are prepared.

Figgy1

Yeah, we had a bad thunderstorm here on Tuesday night too. I wasn't as bad here as it was in the south, but there were some downed trees and such and apparently a tornado somewhere, though I couldn't find out where. I don't THINK it was near me though. We were at code orange, but not for very long.

I hope you don't lost power, but at least you are prepared.
THNX The worst band has gone through and hopefully just one more knock wood

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I'm sure by now that all of you have seen the NEW Country Bears show. For those that haven't, here it is.

I'm sure the purest and those that hate change of any kind will not approve, but I think this is a good update for something that needed desperately to be updated. The songs are different but it lends itself to the new guest that didn't know any of the old ones to sing along with.

IMO, the new version is cute enough, but I like the original better. (I watched both this morning, to compare, as it's been years since I've visited WDW.) Can't say that I remember any of the specific original songs, but they seemed to fit the show a bit better, than the newer selections.

Anyway, it's a fun show, and I'm just glad they didn't get rid of the show completely.

Lilofan

Yea, we almost always got their fajitas, with sopapillas for dessert…!!!!! :hungry:

The Especial is a great beer, but I actually prefer the Negra…

View attachment 799387
Sopapillas with either powdered or brown sugar a lots of it is a great ending to a Mexican meal. Mexican food surely has transformed to landscape of cuisine and I could eat burritos all 3 meals in a day. In regards to hot dogs, Mexico transformed it to next level with a Sonoran hot dog found in AZ and a few border towns. a hot dog with mustard and kraut pales in comparison.

donaldtoo

Rough last 24 hrs. with MIL last night, this morning and today. Things have been deteriorating for her, but this has been the worst, so far.
We’ve all only had about 2 hrs. of sleep, and she’s still hallucinating.
Have talked with hospice and followed their instructions to the letter, but it’s not doing much good. I’m up about every 5-10 minutes fending off critters, bugs, junk in her way so she can get up and move around (which she can’t), etc.
Sorry, but I’m a bit exhausted right now.

Lilofan

Rough last 24 hrs. with MIL last night, this morning and today. Things have been deteriorating for her, but this has been the worst, so far.
We’ve all only had about 2 hrs. of sleep, and she’s still hallucinating.
Have talked with hospice and followed their instructions to the letter, but it’s not doing much good. I’m up about every 5-10 minutes fending off critters, bugs, junk in her way so she can get up and move around (which she can’t), etc.
Sorry, but I’m a bit exhausted right now.
Did the doctors recommend sleep aids etc to help with issues ? Xanax can put someone in a more mellow state ( I know from others using it effectively ).

donaldtoo

Did the doctors recommend sleep aids etc to help with issues ? Xanax can put someone in a more mellow state ( I know from others using it effectively ).

As per the hospice nurse, she was given a 0.5mg dose of Lorazepam (which is a benzodiazepine like Xanax) last night before bed, along with a Tylenol. She was OK for a bit, but was having problems again by 12:15a.
Upon the direction of a hospice nurse, similar has been repeated today, to no avail.
We also have morphine tabs and liquid morphine that has been given to her in low doses to help her in the past, but it makes her itch like crazy after it starts to wear off, so that’s definitely a no go.

And, back from another call from her to get “these things” off her legs.
Earlier it was packing tape on her arms.
I’m calm, gentle and try to reassure her, but damn I’m getting stressed.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
As per the hospice nurse, she was given a 0.5mg dose of Lorazepam (which is a benzodiazepine like Xanax) last night before bed, along with a Tylenol. She was OK for a bit, but was having problems again by 12:15a.
Upon the direction of a hospice nurse, similar has been repeated today, to no avail.
We also have morphine tabs and liquid morphine that has been given to her in low doses to help her in the past, but it makes her itch like crazy after it starts to wear off, so that’s definitely a no go.

And, back from another call from her to get “these things” off her legs.
Earlier it was packing tape on her arms.
I’m calm, gentle and try to reassure her, but damn I’m getting stressed.

I'm sorry to hear that your MIL is not doing well. It is understandable that you are stressed, it is difficult to watch people we care about in those situations. Sending prayers to your family if you'd like them.

donaldtoo

Sopapillas with either powdered or brown sugar a lots of it is a great ending to a Mexican meal. Mexican food surely has transformed to landscape of cuisine and I could eat burritos all 3 meals in a day. In regards to hot dogs, Mexico transformed it to next level with a Sonoran hot dog found in AZ and a few border towns. a hot dog with mustard and kraut pales in comparison.

Yea, there is a food truck here called T-Loc’s that specializes in Sonoran hot dogs.
We have yet to try them, but they sound delicious, and I enjoy a good hot dog.

On a side note…
Back when both our DDs were in high school choir, we used to work The University of Texas concessions at home football games, basketball games, concerts, etc.
I used to cook all those hot dogs in either a huge pot of water or on a roller grill (all of which had to be scrubbed clean afterwards), but either way, those commercial-grade hot dogs (and Earl Campbell Sausages at the Frank Erwin Center) were so far above anything you could buy at any grocery store at the time, it was ridiculous…!!!!! :hungry:
At the football games, our concession was right next to the cheerleader, drill team, etc. room.
There was a stainless steel condiment bar on a CMU wall just outside our concession that we had to stock and clean up every game.
After we cleaned it up, we’d put any leftover hot dogs in buns, with wrappers out on that bar for whoever wanted them.
The funny thing is, the vast majority of those hot dogs were scarfed up by those tiny cheerleaders after their end of game celebrations…!!!!! :hilarious:

They were so good, I could eat those hot dogs on a bun plain…!!!!! :hungry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom