The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

IMO, the new version is cute enough, but I like the original better. (I watched both this morning, to compare, as it's been years since I've visited WDW.) Can't say that I remember any of the specific original songs, but they seemed to fit the show a bit better, than the newer selections.

Anyway, it's a fun show, and I'm just glad they didn't get rid of the show completely.
Big Al singing "There was...blood on the saddle..." 😂 Anytime someone injures themselves in my house, assuming it's not serious, one of us starts singing in Big Al's voice "There was blood on the saddle..." 😆

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Rough last 24 hrs. with MIL last night, this morning and today. Things have been deteriorating for her, but this has been the worst, so far.
We’ve all only had about 2 hrs. of sleep, and she’s still hallucinating.
Have talked with hospice and followed their instructions to the letter, but it’s not doing much good. I’m up about every 5-10 minutes fending off critters, bugs, junk in her way so she can get up and move around (which she can’t), etc.
Sorry, but I’m a bit exhausted right now.
This is sad for her, and very stressful for you and others living with her. (As a suggestion only, can you and your wife each trade off an occasional night, for one of you to sleep over at daughter's house? You both need your sleep, and this thought just randomly popped into my head.)

donaldtoo

This is sad for her, and very stressful for you and others living with her. (As a suggestion only, can you and your wife each trade off an occasional night, for one of you to sleep over at daughter's house? You both need your sleep, and this thought just randomly popped into my head.)

Thanks, Minnie.
Yea, it would be a possibility, especially right now, as Megan, Daniel, Emmy and Audrey are vacationing with Megan’s in laws on Crete…!!!!! :hilarious:
Seriously though, Carolyn and I are each others backup, and we provide each other with the encouragement and will to get through this the best we can.
I know that sounds corny, but we’ve been married for 35+ years, and it would just feel weird for us not to be here for each other at a moments notice.
Plus, I don’t think Carolyn could stay over there a single night without “her” dogs…!!!!! :hilarious:😉

Lilofan

Yea, there is a food truck here called T-Loc’s that specializes in Sonoran hot dogs.
We have yet to try them, but they sound delicious, and I enjoy a good hot dog.

On a side note…
Back when both our DDs were in high school choir, we used to work The University of Texas concessions at home football games, basketball games, concerts, etc.
I used to cook all those hot dogs in either a huge pot of water or on a roller grill (all of which had to be scrubbed clean afterwards), but either way, those commercial-grade hot dogs (and Earl Campbell Sausages at the Frank Erwin Center) were so far above anything you could buy at any grocery store at the time, it was ridiculous…!!!!! :hungry:
At the football games, our concession was right next to the cheerleader, drill team, etc. room.
There was a stainless steel condiment bar on a CMU wall just outside our concession that we had to stock and clean up every game.
After we cleaned it up, we’d put any leftover hot dogs in buns, with wrappers out on that bar for whoever wanted them.
The funny thing is, the vast majority of those hot dogs were scarfed up by those tiny cheerleaders after their end of game celebrations…!!!!! :hilarious:

They were so good, I could eat those hot dogs on a bun plain…!!!!! :hungry:
Yes athletes and others in very active sessions have voracious appetites especially post activity. When I do my lap swimming workouts daily after showering I eat and eat immediately after. One thing I’m impressed but it goes with the expensive price tag of going to college is the variety of food options for the kids including healthy ones. Back in the day at my college cafeteria it was a limited number of options but the old standby grilled cheese sandwiches and ice cream saved the day when the mystery meat was not that good.

Last edited:

donaldtoo

Yes athletes and others in very active sessions have voracious appetites especially post activity. When I do my lap swimming workouts daily after showering I eat and eat immediately after. One thing I’m impressed but it goes with the expensive price tag of going to college is the variety of food options for the kids including healthy ones. Back in the day at my college cafeteria it was a limited number of options but the old standby grilled cheese sandwiches and ice cream saved the day when the mystery meat was not that good.

Oh yea, you knew they were gonna’ burn it off anyway, but it was just always funny to see these petite young gals load their arms up with those leftover hotdogs like they hadn’t eaten for a week…which, come to think of it, maybe they hadn't…???!!!!! 🤔😁:hilarious:
I have no clue what their training schedule was, but maybe that was their one time to pig out during the week, lay around all Sunday, and then get back to serious training again on Monday…?! 🤷‍♂️

wdwfan4ver

She's the grand poo-bah of Wine-O's.
She hasn't went to the Wisconsin State Fair yet. The Wisconsin State Fair has this building:
Stands_0123_WI-Winery.jpg

Songbird76

And dinner.
In order of the pictures :

Chocolate soufflé, panne cotta with strawberries and blueberries, cream catalana, pasta arrabiata (I want to say it is something with peppers?) , pasta something tartuffo, it was like a cheese-filled tortelinni with a creamy mushroom sauce, and tagliatelle al contadina(pasta with zucchini, tomatoes, and mushrooms in a white wine sauce.) E and I shared the latter two pastas and the latter two desserts, Dh Had the arrabiata, and the boys shared the souffle. Then we went to McDonald's for A. IMG_20240713_194549.jpgIMG_20240713_194544.jpgIMG_20240713_194540.jpgIMG_20240713_190220.jpgIMG_20240713_190215.jpgIMG_20240713_190210.jpg

E and I loved all of ours. Dh wasn't as happy with his, but A loved the souffle. He didn't know what it was, so he didn't dare order it, so DH ordered it and then pretended to be full so A could have it. We have a reservation for tomorrow so we can try some different things.

wdwfan4ver

Nice day here tomorrow too, high of 81 predicted. Each day will be getting warmer with it getting into the 90's on Sunday. First 90's of the year. I'm going to have to clean my fans so I can keep cool on the porch.
It was very muggy in southeastern Wisconsin with it around 89 degrees today, but it supposed to be around 92 tomorrow outside.

Hopefully it would be cooler when I will be taking a trip to Wisconsin Dells in September.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom