The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

wdwfan4ver

Loud music and fireworks, same people as last night:cautious: There goes any chance of sleep for a couple of hours
I may have to deal with this later next month. The city I live announced there will be lakefront fireworks for evening of July 3rd due to money is costs. The last time there was no lakefront fireworks, people were shooting them off past 2 in the morning.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Last day with my students went well today, luckily the weather was good and we spent most of the 1/2 of school outside. Now just 1 more day, a teacher work day, and then I can decompress for awhile. It's been a crazy school year.
Glad you're finishing up early! :) (The public school district in my area doesn't finish up the school year, until June 20th.)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Glad you're finishing up early! :) (The public school district in my area doesn't finish up the school year, until June 20th.)
I wonder if they have more or longer breaks during the school year. 🤔 I’m glad we don’t go longer as it gets warmer it would be very uncomfortable in my windowless non-air conditioned classroom filled with 30 sweaty pre-teen/teen bodies. 🤢

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I wonder if they have more or longer breaks during the school year. 🤔 I’m glad we don’t go longer as it gets warmer it would be very uncomfortable in my windowless non-air conditioned classroom filled with 30 sweaty pre-teen/teen bodies. 🤢
It surprised me as well when I read the date -- but, only because there were very few "snow" days this year. (We had storms, but many hit at times that didn't immediately affect the school bus routes, etc.) Other than holidays, they have the usual Christmas, and Spring vacation weeks, and that's been consistent down through the years -- even when I was a school kid. Back then, the last day of school was about the same as now. (They start school after Labor Day. I think other parts of the country start back at various times in August, so that might be their reason for an earlier summer vacation.)

Goofyernmost

It hasn't been raining where my aunt is and isn't supposed to for the next week at least.
It's not raining here right now either, but it is the first time in ages that we have strung five days together without rain. I even ran my car through a car wash because the immediate forecast looked good. I am not always very positive about the weather in this area, but this has been the wettest spring that I have seen since I moved here. I'm just projecting what has happened actually since the beginning of the year. Hopefully for all our sakes this is the turning point and it will stay reasonably dry from now on.

Last edited:

Lilofan

It surprised me as well when I read the date -- but, only because there were very few "snow" days this year. (We had storms, but many hit at times that didn't immediately affect the school bus routes, etc.) Other than holidays, they have the usual Christmas, and Spring vacation weeks, and that's been consistent down through the years -- even when I was a school kid. Back then, the last day of school was about the same as now. (They start school after Labor Day. I think other parts of the country start back at various times in August, so that might be their reason for an earlier summer vacation.)
Kids near the WDW area start school Aug 10 then end in late May.

rshell68

Joe Trohman Smell GIF by Fall Out Boy

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom